Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Consistency is the key

If AN can get a balanced side, and consistent performances (& by all accounts with Bassong back, defense looks more solid) and a good win next week against Blackpool, we can keep pushing for those playoffs.An away draw, keeping a clean sheet against a very in form team, is a good result. Shame our possession couldn''t have been ground out into a win!The following week will be interesting as fixtures are:Bournmouth v DerbyBrentford v Watford.whilst we''re away at Charlton. Obviously other teams can''t win "all" they''re games. Wins against Blackpool and Charlton, and we''ll be right back in it, as some of those other results will go in our favour whatever the outcome.So come on NCFC

What I liked yesterday is he clearly decided on the formation to suit the game and then selected the personnel to fitbitcratger than trying to fit our best 11 players into a formation which is what we have done most of the season. That team selection showed some coherent thought and some balls.

Should have gone for it sooner second half though. Bringing Hoop on with 2 minutes left was a waste of time.

I think these things also need to happen for us to achieve anything:

Bassong has to partner R.Bennett or R.Martin.

A left winger has to be signed. A RB would be nice too.

Jonny Howson needs to come back in.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]I think these things also need to happen for us to achieve anything:

Bassong has to partner R.Bennett or R.Martin.

A left winger has to be signed. A RB would be nice too.

Jonny Howson needs to come back in.[/quote]

While agreeing with the above , I think we need a little more ,, not least of all the manager miraculously gaining a handle on being an English Championship Manager .

Give him some time, for goodness sake. He did well yesterday and got the team tight and a solid defence to work on. Hopefully he can pick up a couple of improvements in the next day or so, RB, LM etc. He''s sorted out the shambolic team from last week so dserves a bit of credit.

Having a decent and dedicated left winger has actually been a problem that''s gone without solving for over half a decade at this club in my opinion, i.e. since Huckerby, but for Pilkington''s intermittent time spent there.Lambert''s insistence on a narrow system for much of his tenure obscured the true length of this search. I think this position deserves a sizeable bulk of the club''s resources being thrown at it, but our transfer window activity has unfortunately left us desperately short in this particular department.As with regard to a right back it''s quite obvious Whittaker would need selling for that to even be a possibility. I''d say though it''s equally obvious that that won''t be happening.