Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Attritonal Point Might Be A Platform To Build On

Latest Blog

http://t.co/GOzmhdlqh2

If someone can make the link work I''d appreciate it, don''t know why it doesn''t...

Please feel free to comment/discuss/tear to shreds...

;-)

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Latest Blog

http://t.co/GOzmhdlqh2

If someone can make the link work I''d appreciate it, don''t know why it doesn''t...

Please feel free to comment/discuss/tear to shreds...

;-)[/quote]http://t.co/GOzmhdlqh2

A very intelligent summary of recent times , even though I don''t agree with all of your opinions . I do however believe it is possible to build from a low point , as you suggest , and believe it is possible to attain promotion even at this stage .

The troubling thing for me is that I have yet to witness anything to make me believe that it will happen to us this year , it is all too similar to the last time we got relegated from the Prem .

I think AN is trying to get us organised again first and is trying to sort out our sieve of a defence. The man has been here 5 minutes without his right hand man, he''s doing well so far. We co(ked this season up last Autumn in terms of automatic promotion which isn''t his fault.

I know every draw is going to feel like a loss at this point, I myself was certainly annoyed yesterday that we couldn''t nick a goal but the team did reasonably well.

All out attack was never going to work over the course of a whole season, we don''t have the technical players to break teams down consistently and it left us too vulnerable on the counter. I think AN has seen this and is trying to establish a more balanced play style that we might have to suffer a few pragmatic, grinding borefests before it starts to click

[quote user="Darth Catbeard"] I think AN has seen this and is trying to establish a more balanced play style that we might have to suffer a few pragmatic, grinding borefests before it starts to click[/quote]Agreed. But this is exactly what Hughton tried to do with pretty much the same players. The evidence is that the current squad don''t seem able to combine defensive solidity with attack, or transition effectively from one to the other. Where we need both; we get one or the other.

Any plans or expectations for this season have been well and truly ripped up. Therefore it seems at the moment like we''re reduced to crossing our fingers hoping for the best.