Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Lafferty to Rizespor

Norwich striker Kyle Lafferty lined up for loan move to Turkish club Rizespor. #ncfc

i know this was rumoured on satutday but this is from sky sports journo pete o''rourke. a sky sports source. he jus tweeted this.

If this were to happen, I would expect a big haul of players in tomorrow. Might not be the worst thing ever, because he''s not really done a lot for us.

hasnt worked (doesnt help hes a striker playing left wing tho) just like most of the summers transfers. would be nice to see 1 or 2 ins and outs tomorrow.

I really like Lafferty but I''ve been saying for a little while this could be his first and last season here (if it even gets that far) because it just hasn''t quite worked. So it wouldn''t surprise me if he goes but I''d see it as a bit of a shame because I think he''s got something to offer.

was Lafferty ever played in the strikers position for Norwich?

Perhaps he would have suited the one up front role better than Grabhan

Cuellar - Donkey, too slow, gives away pens

Miquel - nowhere near starting in the champ

Hooiveld - too slow and already left

Vadis - injured when ge signed, injured again

McGrandles - not ready, whittaker started CM ahead of him

O''Neill - been ok, good in possesion

Lafferty - played outta position, too rash, not worth £3m

Grabban - been ok, not worth £3m

Jerome - great signing, great price

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Cuellar - Donkey, too slow, gives away pens

Miquel - nowhere near starting in the champ

Hooiveld - too slow and already left

Vadis - injured when ge signed, injured again

McGrandles - not ready, whittaker started CM ahead of him

O''Neill - been ok, good in possesion

Lafferty - played outta position, too rash, not worth £3m

Grabban - been ok, not worth £3m

Jerome - great signing, great price[/quote]Cuellar - hasn''t been great, but certainly no worse than any other option bar perhaps Martin, who despite some detractors has been our most consistant defender this season for me. And possibly Bassong, but that''s one game.Miquel - We''ll see, but as stated before, if he is as crap as some are suggesting then Ryan Bennett has to be considered as crap considering the few starts he has had in the three years he has been with us since his £3million + signing.Hoiveld - was on loan and with Bassong back, made no sense to keep him.Vadis - a Belgian international at a time when getting into the Belgian squad is a tough task. Looked good in time he has had on the pitch, has been unfortunate. Ruling him out as a waste is nothing short of pathetic.McGrandles - when he was signed, Adams and Holt said he was one for the future. At 19 that''s pretty fair.O''Neill has been one of our better performers for me. Solid and consistent.Lafferty started up front vs Middlesborough, gives 100% when played. Is out of position due to being willing to play for the team and track back as well as the form of Jerome, Hooper and earlier in the season Grabban. Our strikeforce is still better for me, this season compared to last. Also - did we pay £3million for Laffterty? I thought it was 3million euros max (inc add ons etc).Grabban - you are arguing he is not worth £3million. I think when you look at the inflated market values at the moment he wasn''t a bad price - Jerome was an absolute bargain. But again, if you compare Grabban''s price to Hooper''s you''d have to concede that Hooper is just as much over priced.The point is all of these players have played in successful teams at some point. What they have not done this season is played consistantly as a team together when they have played.Hoiveld was part of the Southampton team that gained promotion and then stayed in the premier league. Cuellar was part of the Aston Villa side under Martin O''Neil who finished in the top 10 of the premier league. Jerome saw success with Birmingham and then Stoke. Grabban was one of the top scorers in the league last season. O''Neil has how many promotions to the premier league on his record now? Not to mention premier league experience.It''s very easy to slag off members of a squad that are struggling for consistant form.

As we are all having an opinion on the players in question.

I''ll make it short. All of the above = dog turd

Even Cameron ''offside'' jerome and those misses against millwall....

Afraid that Lafferty is always an accident/yellow card waiting to happen. But I''ll readily admit that he''s never been played in his best position.Agree that of the summer signings , only Jerome can be classed as an unqualified success, though, to be fair, Grabban and O''Neil are in credit. I believe that , in time Grabban will come good.

Lafferty is yet another striker, in a long line of recent strikers (RVW, Becchio, Hooper, Grabban, Morison) who, to a greater or lesser extent were prolific before they came here but useless after they arrivedNot sure what that says about our methods as a Club

A ticking time bomb... To be honest if we went up he is not good enough for the prem and if we stayed down not good enough for the long term. He is not getting better, he has a level.

As does grabban.

I am all in favour in players on the move if AN gets quality in. We need quality and should have added that in the summer.

We need a big day if anything is going to be positive going into th final third of the season.

The games I saw him at earlier in the season, Lafferty was one of our best players on the pitch, marauding down the left hand side causing problems, also running back to cover more than others do.  He hasn''t scored many, but has hit the woodwork several times too.  His tactical awareness is good and he is one of the hardest working players imo in the squad. Also, he has not really been played out of position as he  has spent quite a lot of his career out on the left hand side.  He has a great free kick in him (his miscue free kick was unfortunate) and overall a useful player to have.

His only downside appears to be his heading, which is maybe why he hasn''t played up front that much in his career - and his temperament appears a bit suspect at times - but imo he is one of those that if managed correctly, that would not be a problem.  Can''t understand why people put out false stuff about him being useless - he has been far from that and when struggling for form he has maybe tried too hard or got frustrated - but his contribution - so far - has been quite important in our success.  

Once the spine of the team plays well and consistently, players like Lafferty will do better.  Most of our problems this season have imo been the defence/central midfield and a lack of cohesion/discipline there.

No matter how its all dressed up - the summer transfer window was a disaster

10 signings and the only ones who have helped improve the quality of the squad are Jerone, Grabbam & O''Neil

We are not a big enough club to be signing players for the future and paying fees for them (plus ongoing wages) - you have to question the rationale behind Miquel, Grandles & Thompson

What we needed in the summer was signings that would make a difference - this did not rearly happen

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2015 9:20 AM:

The games I saw him at earlier in the season, Lafferty was one of our best players on the pitch, marauding down the left hand side causing problems, also running back to cover more than others do.  He hasn''t scored many, but has hit the woodwork several times too.  His tactical awareness is good and he is one of the hardest working players imo in the squad. Also, he has not really been played out of position as he  has spent quite a lot of his career out on the left hand side.  He has a great free kick in him (his miscue free kick was unfortunate) and overall a useful player to have.

You must have watched different games to me, he never lasted more than 60mins (suspect fitness), constantly gave a way free kicks - booked upteen times, not very good at tracking back, leaving Olssen exposed, over 6ft but struggled to win any headers - why did Adams sign a centre forward & play him left midfield ? Wrong man wrong position, not needed in the squad

Newton, you are extremely one-eyed on this. The truth is that Cuellar has also done ok, Miquel, McGrandles and the lad from Swindon were always going to be more for the future; of the others Lafferty has played most games he''s been available for, so clearly considered to be doing his job ok. We can''t really comment on VOO due to injuries. The point is, I doubt the summer was any more or less of a success than any other - there will always be ones that work immediately and those that don''t work at all - lambert bought in plenty of duffers, for example.

So it looks like most are keen to get rid of one of the very few who is willing to put in the 110% needed if we are to turn things around. Anyone who watched the Brentford game (among others recently) could be left in no doubt about how bad the motivational crisis has become. Lafferty,to his credit, has proved a very willing workhorse for the team, even when constantly played out of position - and to think he was advertised as having a bad attitude when we signed him...

[quote user="Newton"]

lake district canary wrote the following post at 02/02/2015 9:20 AM:The games I saw him at earlier in the season, Lafferty was one of our best players on the pitch, marauding down the left hand side causing problems, also running back to cover more than others do.  He hasn''t scored many, but has hit the woodwork several times too.  His tactical awareness is good and he is one of the hardest working players imo in the squad. Also, he has not really been played out of position as he  has spent quite a lot of his career out on the left hand side.  He has a great free kick in him (his miscue free kick was unfortunate) and overall a useful player to have.

You must have watched different games to me, he never lasted more than 60mins (suspect fitness), constantly gave a way free kicks - booked upteen times, not very good at tracking back, leaving Olssen exposed, over 6ft but struggled to win any headers - why did Adams sign a centre forward & play him left midfield ? Wrong man wrong position, not needed in the squad[/quote]

Do you not read or take things in?  I''ve already told you that Lafferty has spent a large part of his career playing on the left, one of the reaons being because his heading is not as good as it could be for a striker.  And maybe you didn''t go to the games earlier in the season where he did well.  But I did and can assure you he was a big part of our early season success.  That things had to change was more down to an undisciplined central midfield and poor defending.  As for tracking back - Lafferty is one of the better players for doing that and is maybe one of the reasons he flags later in games - because his work rate is up there with the best. 

Lake seen all home games & 4 x away games - wont go away at the moment as not happy about whats going on

Lafferty effort 110% yes - contribution doubtful for the reasons already stated - plus never last longer than 60 mins - please dont say he gets tired because he runs back a lot  - plus booked in nearly every appearance and does not jump his height

Why oh why was he signed and then constantly played left midfield, he may have played there in the past but we have been crying out for a genuine left midfielder since Pilks & Surman left - Lafferty stop gap perhaps but not a permemnet replacement

If he is not needed upfront & needs to be moved on, hopefully today

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I''ve already told you that Lafferty has spent a large part of his career playing on the left, one of the reaons being because his heading is not as good as it could be for a striker.  And maybe you didn''t go to the games earlier in the season where he did well.  But I did and can assure you he was a big part of our early season success.  That things had to change was more down to an undisciplined central midfield and poor defending.  As for tracking back - Lafferty is one of the better players for doing that and is maybe one of the reasons he flags later in games - because his work rate is up there with the best. 

[/quote]Hmm, Lakey, all that may or may not be the case. For me Lafferty did OK in some of the early games, but no better than that.BUT....the fact is that when he was signed, Adams was at pains to tell us how he was a proven, experienced striker, able to hold the ball up, had a good goalscoring record at this level, big and strong Etc Etc Etc. I might paraphrase, but the inference was that he was purchased as a striker. Not as a left sided midfielder.Truthfully we have better options in that area, and, if we have not, I''m sure Neil is astute enough to be addresing that, if not today, then either in the loan market or in the summer windeow.