Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Craig Noone, Chris McCann, Bradley Johnson

Supposedly we want left winger craig noone from cardiff, chris mccann from wigan.

Burnley interested in Johnson, and Swansea still want Olsson.

No deal.

Today is simple, get a left winger in, and get a right back in. I''m not even 100% convinced we need a right back anymore if Bassong can keep it up in the centre.

I would be pushing the boat out for Matt Jarvis and then locking the doors up at colney!

We need players in and I do not have a problem if we let bj go.

O''neill is a better player... I honestly do not think Bradley johnson is good enough for the premiership and Burnley would have an average player who in the end would be a squad player/ on the bench.

It is all about getting a bit of money for our average players, I have no problem when tettey o''neill and Howson are better. VOO can play in that position too and he is better than bj.

if someone offered over £1m for Johnson would snap there hands off, but he needs to be replaced, maybe thats where Mccann comes in.

I wouldn''t be too sad to see Johnson go to another team.  He always gives his best, but sometimes that isn''t good enough. Its a harsh reality of professional football that sometimes your best players aren''t good enough for what you are trying to achieve - and I feel that this is the case with Johnson.  Only looks comfortable when not pressurised on the ball - and give him time and space and he can cause damage - but his tactical awareness and passing ability has been shown up time and time again over the last three seasons. 

He featured in a lot of games with Hughton - but mainly because of injuries to others.  This season he has done well up to a point, but has only looked really comfortable on the left, away from central midfield and where he has a little more time on the ball.  Then you have to ask is he the best left sided midfielder we have, or should have, for a side chasing promotion? 

I really like him and what he has given for the cause, but is he good enough for what we want to achieve?   I don''t think so, but I would happily be proven wrong if he stays and we get promoted. 

Would be a disaster to let Johnson go. We need more players with heart and passion in this league. We still haven''t replaced the likes of Holt and Snodgrass in this regard.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Would be a disaster to let Johnson go. We need more players with heart and passion in this league. We still haven''t replaced the likes of Holt and Snodgrass in this regard.[/quote]

Head on nail time.   [Y]

Have to agree with above

Letting BJ go now would be crazy given how thin we are in this department ie having to play whits in there last week.

[quote user="smooth"]We need players in and I do not have a problem if we let bj go.

O''neill is a better player... I honestly do not think Bradley johnson is good enough for the premiership and Burnley would have an average player who in the end would be a squad player/ on the bench.

It is all about getting a bit of money for our average players, I have no problem when tettey o''neill and Howson are better. VOO can play in that position too and he is better than bj.[/quote]You do write some drivel smooth.....[quote user="smooth"]I honestly do not think Bradley johnson is

good enough for the premiership[/quote]We''re not in the Premiership.[quote user="smooth"]VOO can play in

that position too and he is better than bj.[/quote]Highly unlikely you''ve ever seen VOO play. In fact, It''s highly unlikely you''ve ever seen Johnson play either judging by your assessment of him.Bradley Johnson is our most consistent player and he would be a huge loss if we let him go.

if we want to go up BJ a goal scoring midfield player is someone we must keep selling him for as some are saying for £1 million is far to cheap could cost us a lot more in long run !

Johnson has to stay. Don''t know what game some fans watch at times.

We''ve got several problem areas in our side at the minute and Bradley Johnson starting at Central midfield certainly isn''t one of them.

Been scoring freely and is a consistant performer.

Yeah great idea, lets sell Johnson and we can play Whitaker in midfield again.

FFS some people must be on drugs, he has been our best midfielder and scored 7 goals.

Can only see leavers before players arrive.

looks like burnley targeting Dorrans first, so no point wasting breath over something that may not happen.

I''d be ok with Johnson leaving - if we had someone decent coming in to replace him.

Johnson has been Probably one of our more consistent performers this season and a decent goal tally... Can''t say I''d be that inspired nor see the logic in letting him go. We can dream of VO getting a run of games and a Oneil/Howson/Tetty power trio but let''s face reality we are suffering from injuries and inconsistency in the centre. No strong or better immediate replacement lined up then it''s no deal from me.

Noone certainly sounds like an interesting prospect and I agree with others that Jarvis is just screaming for a club like us to give him some games and show what he can do!

Eh, Johnson isn''t good enough for us but is good enough for Burnley, according to some.
Not good enough for the Prem, yet played regularly in our decent Prem finishes under both Lambert and Hughton.
Not good enough for us, yet one of our only players to be consistently linked with Prem moves, including in the summer where he made a decision to stay here instead.
Our fans...

Agree with this and all the other pro-BJ replies. It would be a disaster if we let him go. We may well have ''better'' midfielders than him in our squad but the bottom line is BJ is in the team more than the rest of them put together because he is consistent and not injury prone. He has been the anchor in our team this season, discounting his goals, and I cant think of another player that brings his level of commitment to the field. I dont care if he''s a bit slow or prone to shooting high and wide - we would need to spend a lot of money to replace him, and people saying they would snap off hands for a million quid are living in some sort of dream world.