Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Hoolahan to Celtic?

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"]Interesting that opinion seems to be we should have cashed in last January.

There were a lot of folk convinced that Hughton not playing Wes was one of the reasons for our struggles last season and that the team was crying out for his influence.

I guess Wes just splits opinion. Hughton destroyed him and should have been playing him but we should have sold him to Villa.

Boooo[/quote]

I grant you that Hughton wasn''t a great Hoolahan fan and saw his limitations, but I thought that after he realised we needed a little more creativity, Hughton used Wes in a 4411 and we got some good results/performamces from him with that?   So far from destroying Wes, he actually used him in a role that meant he could be creative and without being restricted by defensive duties - culminating in him being picked for Ireland, as he had shown he could be effective in a non-diamond formation.  Would say he gave Wes some of the best playing days of his life.  Would he have played for Ireland without Hughton''s use of him - I doubt it. 

Eh?

What I said was that Hughton destroyed him because he should have been playing him (according to many) but now it seems that he should also have sold him (according to many). Demonstrating the apparent no-win situation that Norwich City FC find themselves in with the support at the moment.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="cityangel"]Hope he doesn''t go, love Wessie[/quote]You''re biased you are..............LOL.[/quote]And so are you.........LOL.

in his position in this league he should have a target to create / assist 10 + goals for others and score 10 + goals himself in a full season

for AM in the hole wes does not do that enough so sell him and get someone else

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Wes is past his best and offers little these days, been a great servant but we should have let him go after the Villa debacle last January.[/quote]

Agree.

bye wes