Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

BJ to Burnley

[quote user="Ray"]LDC,

Some of his passes have been superb and some haven''t, howver is that possibly because he tries some more audacious passes, which by their very nature are less likely to come off? I don''t know the answer, just chucking it out there. Howver added to that he has scored 7 goals this season, so I''m prepared to forgive the odd mis-placed pass, whe compared with his counterparts (which is approx 1 in 10) because he scores more goals than they do plus there is no doubting his heart, passion and fight.

I agree, he hasn''t been the first name on the team sheet since he has been here, but who has apart fromn our keeper, still gets regularly selected by every manager, which let''s face it, is quite a few!![/quote]

He is a mixed ability player - like most of them are.  I like the guy and respect his goal scoring this season. I just took issue on this thread with those who big him up too much.  A player of great heart and passion and fight - as you say - but to pretend he has been first name on the team sheet since he came here, is stretching it a bit.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]So many knock BJ but at the AGM it was said that the most interest from Premier League sides last summer was for him.

Still Premier League managers know nothing![/quote]I rest my case[Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Its all about personal opinion Ricardo, i think his passing is dreadful and i don`t doubt his commitment is 100%, my eldest son loves him , he really is a player who divides opinion even amongst Leeds fans.[/quote]

I struggle to understand what you and long distance Canary are writing ... Check his stats ,,, including pass completion ,,, you might then realise how stupid your opinion sounds to others[/quote]Pointless trying to rely on facts. You will never convince some people.Once a scapegoat always a scapegoat.[/quote]Makes me want to bang my wall . Can''t see how fans don''t rate Bradley it utterly boggles the mind. I generally think it comes down to a brain defect.

Johnson is the first name on the team sheet for me. When he plays well the team plays well.

People go on about his passing compared to tetteys and yes tetteys may be more accurate but 90% of that are 5 yard backwards or sideways passes on the edge of our box. Like Saturday facing up the pitch he did a full 180 to go back to ruddy.

Johnson will try to go forward and yes sometimes goes for the glory ball but if he loses it we are normally high up the pitch. Unlike tettey where we are deep in our own half.

Would be a disaster to let Johnson go. We need more players with heart and passion in this league. We still haven''t replaced the likes of Holt and Snodgrass in this regard.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Would be a disaster to let Johnson go. We need more players with heart and passion in this league. We still haven''t replaced the likes of Holt and Snodgrass in this regard.[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thisin spades[Y]

Perhaps Nexus you are the one with the brain defect, try facing the pitch next time you go.

Just for the record he always gives 100%, goals ratio is fantastic this season, i just struggle with his passing and link up play, its not Johnson bashing, maybe with a top quality ball playing midfielder ( think Ian Crook) beside him, it just might work.

Every team needs a wizard and also a dog to do the tough stuff, so sign someone to compliment him or ship him out.

So, me among a few others state Johnson has not only been a regular under all our managers, but also has had most interest attached to him from Premiership clubs.
Yet, according to LDC, Johnson was not a regular for the last 3 seasons, because last season he only played due to injuries to others. Whats odd in that case is that when these players came back from injury, how come they replaced other midfielders and not him: And how do you account for the other 2 or 3 seasons?
Unfortunately, Premiership clubs have scouts. So unlike LDC, they attend our games. And therefore, again unfortunately, they see what BJ can bring to a team.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Would be a disaster to let Johnson go. We need more players with heart and passion in this league. We still haven''t replaced the likes of Holt and Snodgrass in this regard.[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thisin spades[Y][/quote]I will be absolutely gutted if Jonno goes. Limited passing ability possibly, but a hell of a left foot and passion and commitment by the bucket load. If we had 11 players of his workrate and passion we''d be top 2.

BJ would be a huge loss..not only for his performances, and he has probably been our best player overall this season to date, but also because he is one of a few who actually gives his best and appears to play for the shirt......unlike Olsson, who after a good last season has really not been good enough this and who clearly is not playing for the shirt.

Can''t knock his grit and determination but his passing is awful people moaning about us playing the long ball against Brentford but having the 2 worst passers in our team in the middle of midfield what do you expect he did a good job on the left that''s probably because he didn''t need to make as many passes I wouldn''t be bothered if he went and took whitiker with him

Jonno, one of the first names on the team sheet, does a lot of the unglamorous work that often gets overlooked. Did a job on the left of mid field when required. Scores goals and shows passion.

Love him.

Massive blow if he went, hope sincerly that he doesn''t.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Perhaps Nexus you are the one with the brain defect, try facing the pitch next time you go.

Just for the record he always gives 100%, goals ratio is fantastic this season, i just struggle with his passing and link up play, its not Johnson bashing, maybe with a top quality ball playing midfielder ( think Ian Crook) beside him, it just might work.

Every team needs a wizard and also a dog to do the tough stuff, so sign someone to compliment him or ship him out.[/quote]I do face the pitch, hence I can tell BJ is quality..........Your probably one of these people that also rated Morrison or thought that Fozzy was good.Jog on sunshine.

Well there goes the credibility of any arguement you ever had ever. Very slick retort my friend, highly educated and rapier in its precision. I bow to your use of the number 5 and miss spelling of Bellamy.

You started the insults with the brain defect comment just because my opinion on a player differed from yours, so if you wanna throw stones be careful they don`t get lobbed back at you.

Really?? So why throw insults on a forum when you probably wouldn`t dare face to face, thats what annoys me so much about these type of forums and why i rarely post.

No-one deserves to be hammered for a difference on opinion on a player, if we all picked a favourite 11 over the past twenty years i bet no two opinions would be the same

Thats what football is all about Tim, calling people out over it is pathetic. So we differ in opinion I make a comment not directly aimed at you and you take offence and call me a bellend then get all steroid crazy when I mock you for it. Calm down, we differ in opinion, get over it move on. :-)

Of course you couldn`t, and apologies for getting a bit uppity, not long finished treatment but on the mend, lets hope Dorrans can complement Johnson.