Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

BJ to Burnley

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]Lakey - Those players may have come straight back in but they did not displace BJ.

Are you saying he was just very lucky?

I fully agree with Yellowbeagle.[/quote]All I am saying is that to suggest Johnson was the first name on the team sheet is fairly creative thinking.  He had a good run in the team last season, but at most times one of Fer, Tettey and Howson were injured, or not match fit and many consider those our best three midfielders.    They were rarely able to play together in the same team because of injuries and Johnson did his best, but not as the first name on the team sheet. 

[/quote]I would suggest as a counter argument that a players susceptibility to minor injuries also plays a part in the value of a player to a club. Johnson generally seems to avoid picking up many short term injuries which makes it easier to build a team and have a consistent line-up.Plus I think despite the negative aspects of his game you''ve highlighted he is the sort of player who can turn a game for you and have a major impact on the pattern of play when he''s on form. Tettey and Howson have been little more than tidy ball players in the middle this year. They''ll do their job but when the team''s struggling won''t have the will and strength to drag the team back into the game.To quote Thierry Henry, he can bring that little bit of "je ne sais quoi".

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Of course you couldn`t, and apologies for getting a bit uppity, not long finished treatment but on the mend, lets hope Dorrans can complement Johnson.[/quote]Too right, Dorrans is actually a pretty interesting player.