Sign in to follow this  
Kingston Yellow

BJ to Burnley

Hope there isn''t any truth in this.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/bradley_johnson_linked_with_burnley_as_norwich_city_prepare_for_game_of_transfer_deadline_day_poker_1_3939615?

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Really why, struggles to find a yellow shirt with any consistency[/quote]
They''ll have to restrict him to games where they play in their home kit; then he won''t have any yellow shirts to aim for.

Where would we have been without him these last few games Tim? We were already restricted to playing Whitaker in midfield only two games ago.
He has good energy, a decent shot and filled in wide left very well - a position where we have no cover.

People criticise him but in my mind there''s a reason why every manager he''s played under for us has played him regularly, Lambert included.
Seems to be our only midfielder willing to play a ball over the top to fullbacks / wingers.

And is he not our highest scoring midfielder by some distance, despite having played most games as a DM?

I don''t get it - some are wetting their pants at the idea of Wes leaving when losing BJ would leave a far bigger hole. Wes is good on his day, but his days are numbered and he is a bit-part player at best whereas BJ is a key man, he break a up play and scores a few to boot. In know who we''d miss more.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Not denying we needed Bj the last few games, but if all our first choice are fit then we are better without him[/quote]Yet has been first name on the sheet for every manager.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Not denying we needed Bj the last few games, but if all our first choice are fit then we are better without him[/quote]Yet has been first name on the sheet for every manager.[/quote]

Not really.  Only had plenty of first team games last season due to injuries to Fer Tettey and Howson. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Not denying we needed Bj the last few games, but if all our first choice are fit then we are better without him[/quote]Yet has been first name on the sheet for every manager.[/quote]

Not really.  Only had plenty of first team games last season due to injuries to Fer Tettey and Howson. 

[/quote]Yes really, he has been mainly first choice when fit.More appearances than any other midfielder last season.

he has alot of faults aswell as good points, but one thing about him is rarely injured. Tettey is imo a much better player when on his game but in no way will he stay fit enough week to week. The great thing about Bradley Johnson is even if he''s playing poorly you can still see he''s giving it 100%, the same cant always be said for some of the others.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Not denying we needed Bj the last few games, but if all our first choice are fit then we are better without him[/quote]Yet has been first name on the sheet for every manager.[/quote]Not really.  Only had plenty of first team games last season due to injuries to Fer Tettey and Howson.  [/quote]Yes really, he has been mainly first choice when fit.More appearances than any other midfielder last season.[/quote]

Yes - because of injuries.  Would he have been in there ahead of Fer when fit?  Or Howson if fit? Or Tettey if fit?  As each of those players came straight back in whenever they were fit enough,  I suggest he was not.

Lakey - Those players may have come straight back in but they did not displace BJ.

Are you saying he was just very lucky?

I fully agree with Yellowbeagle.

Its all about personal opinion Ricardo, i think his passing is dreadful and i don`t doubt his commitment is 100%, my eldest son loves him , he really is a player who divides opinion even amongst Leeds fans.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Lakey - Those players may have come straight back in but they did not displace BJ.

Are you saying he was just very lucky?

I fully agree with Yellowbeagle.[/quote]All I am saying is that to suggest Johnson was the first name on the team sheet is fairly creative thinking.  He had a good run in the team last season, but at most times one of Fer, Tettey and Howson were injured, or not match fit and many consider those our best three midfielders.    They were rarely able to play together in the same team because of injuries and Johnson did his best, but not as the first name on the team sheet. 

He has been very consistent since he has joined us - sometime raising performances to just above average. Commitment, energy, great in the air. Best performances for us come as a left winger.

But as a def cm he fouls too often, does not win enough tackles, reads the game poorly and has no self discipline. And thats before the passing, three years running the worst cm passer in the league.

A great squad player and I will be sorry if he leaves, but he really is part of the Lee Croft Syndrome - loved for his headless effort rather than he footballing ability for which he is forgiven beacuse of the effort..

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Its all about personal opinion Ricardo, i think his passing is dreadful and i don`t doubt his commitment is 100%, my eldest son loves him , he really is a player who divides opinion even amongst Leeds fans.[/quote]

I struggle to understand what you and long distance Canary are writing ... Check his stats ,,, including pass completion ,,, you might then realise how stupid your opinion sounds to others

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Its all about personal opinion Ricardo, i think his passing is dreadful and i don`t doubt his commitment is 100%, my eldest son loves him , he really is a player who divides opinion even amongst Leeds fans.[/quote]

I struggle to understand what you and long distance Canary are writing ... Check his stats ,,, including pass completion ,,, you might then realise how stupid your opinion sounds to others[/quote]Pointless trying to rely on facts. You will never convince some people.Once a scapegoat always a scapegoat.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Its all about personal opinion Ricardo, i think his passing is dreadful and i don`t doubt his commitment is 100%, my eldest son loves him , he really is a player who divides opinion even amongst Leeds fans.[/quote]

I struggle to understand what you and long distance Canary are writing ... Check his stats ,,, including pass completion ,,, you might then realise how stupid your opinion sounds to others[/quote]Stats can be interpreted in whatever way you like.  I''ve seen enough with my own eyes.  This season he has been better in some aspects, but short in others - and yes I''ve seen it, before you come up with any more long distance jibes. .  My only point to Ricardo was that he has not been the first player on the team sheet ever since he came to Norwich, that''s all.  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]He has been very consistent since he has joined us - sometime raising performances to just above average. Commitment, energy, great in the air. Best performances for us come as a left winger.

But as a def cm he fouls too often, does not win enough tackles, reads the game poorly and has no self discipline. And thats before the passing, three years running the worst cm passer in the league.

A great squad player and I will be sorry if he leaves, but he really is part of the Lee Croft Syndrome - loved for his headless effort rather than he footballing ability for which he is forgiven beacuse of the effort..[/quote]Spot on ZLF.Johnson is a great player to have for the squad and is clearly one of (if not our most) committed players, but his technical ability just isn''t at the level needed to acheive half the stuff he tries. This is just one reason why I''ve always preferred Tettey - he does all the things BJ does (but better IMHO) but he doesn''t get caught out trying to make passes beyond his ability and leaves that to others instead.For the right price I don''t mind if BJ goes, but it needs to be 4 million or more, otherwise I''d argue it''s not worth the impact on the squad in exchange.

LDC,

Some of his passes have been superb and some haven''t, howver is that possibly because he tries some more audacious passes, which by their very nature are less likely to come off? I don''t know the answer, just chucking it out there. Howver added to that he has scored 7 goals this season, so I''m prepared to forgive the odd mis-placed pass, whe compared with his counterparts (which is approx 1 in 10) because he scores more goals than they do plus there is no doubting his heart, passion and fight.

I agree, he hasn''t been the first name on the team sheet since he has been here, but who has apart fromn our keeper, still gets regularly selected by every manager, which let''s face it, is quite a few!!

Listen Barclay seats you can throw all the stats you want at me but i know what my eyes see when i go to a game, his passing is dreadful full stop, try watching a game instead of looking at yr book of stats, i spose he is good on fifa hence you jizzing your pants over him !!!