Sign in to follow this  
clarkey1972

Dorrans

Has played in a number of roles. I wouldn''t mind if he was a replacement for wes who''s getting old, but if he''s a replacement for BJ then that''s not a good piece of business imo. Personally I also think £4m is a bit steep. (but as long as we get in a left winger it''s really none of my concern how much we pay for players). Although this post may seem a bit negative, he''s a very good player in this league, being named in the championship team of the year when he went up with West Brom. (yes i did have to research that). So good signing on the face of it, just depends on who leaves.

Appears to be left footed.... or at least can use his left!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM7gsF_bYZc

(ignore the awful commentary)

Predominantly left footed, also plays through the middle, looks like a great signing (£4m not cheap tho) if it happens. Agree could be end of Wes, and almost certain Laffs on way to Turkey if this goes through.

[quote user="Adycakes"]Appears to be left footed.... or at least can use his left!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM7gsF_bYZc

(ignore the awful commentary)[/quote]According to transfermkt he is two footed, primarily right midfield, secondarily left midfield or central attacking midfield.

What a signing this would be! We''ve been crying out for a complete CM for a while. I''ll be very happy if this comes off, even if it''s at the expense of BJ

Well Dorrans looks like he''s coming, but apparently there''s one of ours going the other way, rumours are that it''s either Grabban or Olsson.

Surely these Grabban / Olsson rumours can''t be true.

Strengthen the midfield, but weaken the attack / defence. Especially if Lafferty is also on his way out, and if Olsson was to leave it would leave us with one recognised left back.

IMO 4m is about right - these figures always have a bit of a performance/promotion clause built in, the initial bit will presumably be a fair bit less.

Who leaves is the interesting one....

Yes, that looks more like it.Dorrans plus cash for Olsson.I wouldn''t put Dorrans at more 2.5 to 3 million at most. Olsson certainly worth 4 million at least.

[quote user="ricardo"]A decent player but 4 million is top money for him.[/quote]

Top money maybe Ricardo but if we''re serious about getting out of this league then we have to be prepared to pay decent money for a player.

Our best chance of going back up rests on these first two seasons of parachute payments so I''d speculate to accumulate myself.

Let''s hope the Board have the b*lls to do likewise.

DAILY MAIL:

West Brom closing in on Norwich''s Martin Olsson

Laurie Whitwell: West Bromwich Albion increasingly confident of landing Martin Olsson from Norwich with Graham Dorrans heading the other way. Cash to Carrow Road too.

A clever play by West Brom. Tony Pulis initially wanted Neil Taylor from Swansea but the Welsh club would only sell if Olsson was prised from East Anglia. Norwich wanted £5million,

Swansea only willing to bid £4m – so West Brom have cut out the middle man and gone for the Swedish international instead, using a player out of favour as leverage.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]A decent player but 4 million is top money for him.[/quote]

Top money maybe Ricardo but if we''re serious about getting out of this league then we have to be prepared to pay decent money for a player.

Our best chance of going back up rests on these first two seasons of parachute payments so I''d speculate to accumulate myself.

Let''s hope the Board have the b*lls to do likewise.[/quote]I doubt he is anyone we were actively after.Seems more like a makeweight in the Olsson deal.

Dorrans is better, if only marginally, than the current cm offerings so whether its a make weight or not he is a good signing. And £4m about right.

If Olsson is part of the deal (wouldnt we have had stronger rumours of on his way to xxx by now) then I suspect we will hit the loan market in a weeks time as we can use a cb and shift the ubiquitous Whittaker to lb for half a game.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Dorrans is better, if only marginally, than the current cm offerings so whether its a make weight or not he is a good signing. And £4m about right.

If Olsson is part of the deal (wouldnt we have had stronger rumours of on his way to xxx by now) then I suspect we will hit the loan market in a weeks time as we can use a cb and shift the ubiquitous Whittaker to lb for half a game.[/quote]We don''t have 4 million to pay for a midfielder and Dorrans is by no means worth that kind of money so obviously its him and cash for Olsson.

ricardo wrote the following post at 02/02/2015 5:42 PM:We don''t have 4 million to pay for a midfielder and Dorrans is by no means worth that kind of money so obviously its him and cash for Olsson.

-------------------------------------------------------

Although you are probably right in this case, I''m surprised you still continue to assume facts.

If the deal goes through we would then need to get in a LB as well as a LM that we are after (if reports of Noone are true). Could be an exciting transfer deadline day for us.

Olsson apparently travelling to West Brom now, Dorrans apparently having a medical here. They are probably waiting to tie up the Darren Fletcher deal (who at west broom now having a medical). They can''t let a midfielder go unless they''ve officially signed someone as backup, in Fletcher.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]SSN now saying Burnley back in the frame for Dorrans.

Maybe the two deals are independent?[/quote]I think WBA said they weren''t keen on selling him to a relegation rival - would make sense if he was having a medical here with a view to a swap deal.

If Mrs M is right ad Olssen didn''t go until 10pm he''s got no chance of getting to WBA BY 11pm lol

[quote user="mrs miggins"]ricardo wrote the following post at 02/02/2015 5:42 PM:We don''t have 4 million to pay for a midfielder and Dorrans is by no means worth that kind of money so obviously its him and cash for Olsson.

-------------------------------------------------------

Although you are probably right in this case, I''m surprised you still continue to assume facts.

If the deal goes through we would then need to get in a LB as well as a LM that we are after (if reports of Noone are true). Could be an exciting transfer deadline day for us.[/quote]simple deduction dear boy.