Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Tony Andreu

Talk that this lad might join AN at City from Hamilton.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Andreu

A French midfielder who writes poetry and probably owns a smoking jacket or two. I really think this would be a brilliant signing, mostly for the poetry. He could inspire the sleeping poetic creativity of Michael Turner or Bradley Johnson, as befits a club with Stephen Fry on the board of directors. And he scores goals.

A Hoolahan/Andreu swap deal, anyone?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Talk that this lad might join AN at City from Hamilton.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Andreu

A French midfielder who writes poetry and probably owns a smoking jacket or two. I really think this would be a brilliant signing, mostly for the poetry. He could inspire the sleeping poetic creativity of Michael Turner or Bradley Johnson, as befits a club with Stephen Fry on the board of directors. And he scores goals.

A Hoolahan/Andreu swap deal, anyone?[/quote]

We had 36 here at New Douglas Park today, including 7 from the english premiership, 7 from the championship and also a representative from Ajax.

Tony is getting a lot of interest (quite rightly too).

Our fans are worried that Neil leaving the club will be the start of a mass exodus. with at least 3 or 4 of our best players leaving for pastures new.

Of our squad I think that only Tony Andreu could compete for a starting place. the younger players need a bit more time

There was a cryptic suggestion on the Accies twitter account that we may be getting a loan or 2 form Norwich. (would be a nice gesture)

ps. don''t know if any of you guys caught the good luck at the Canaries message on the electronic pitch side advertising boards at our game yesterday

There was a

That was a nice gesture from the Accies.

Mind you, you can''t be missing Alex, as your biggest ever crowd turned up, only a week after he left!

[quote user="ACCIES"]

We had 36 here at New Douglas Park today, including 7 from the english premiership, 7 from the championship and also a representative from Ajax.

Our fans are worried that Neil leaving the club will be the start of a mass exodus. with at least 3 or 4 of our best players leaving for pastures new.

Of our squad I think that only Tony Andreu could compete for a starting place. the younger players need a bit more time

There was a cryptic suggestion on the Accies twitter account that we may be getting a loan or 2 form Norwich. (would be a nice gesture)

ps. don''t know if any of you guys caught the good luck at the Canaries message on the electronic pitch side advertising boards at our game yesterday

There was a[/quote]

I reckon sending a couple of our players that aren''t getting match time would be very useful to us actually

Accies wrote at 11.37am

I saw it good luck Alex and the canaries and good luck to Alex and Norwich, a real touch of class, well done to the Accies, hope we can send a couple of the young ones out to help, may do them good to gate game time in a fairly physical league that is not

dissimilar to mid championship standard.

[quote user="ACCIES"]

There was a[/quote]

I reckon sending a couple of our players that aren''t getting match time would be very useful to us actually

I really hope we dont start looking at Tony Andreu as an option. I have watched with interest the last 2 Accies games on tv and wasnt impressed at all. He looked weak and slow and although he is top scorer in SPL, i dont believe he is any better than wes or anyone else. The left back Stephen Hendrie looks a bit of a prospect and could develop into a very decent player imo. Replacement for Ollsen?

We need to be looking at better quality to get us back to the prem

[quote user="andy 1974"]

We need to be looking at better quality to get us back to the prem[/quote]

Hendries going backwards, i think the speculation is getting to him. Had a nightmare against Dundee United and was found wanting against Celtic. If I am honest his position in our team is vulnerable just now. There is no way he is top end of the championship standard.

Andreu has been off colour the last two games as well, but with a good striker in front of him he fantastic at slipping through killer passes. (A bit like Fabregas) Our main striker (number 99) needs 10 chances to score a goal so Tonys real contribution is sometimes lost.

I''m not trying to big up Tony because I want him to go. Far from it, he''s the most skillful player I have seen at hamilton in over 30 years. And that includes the likes of McCarthy and McArthur.

Alex gets the best out of him and I am pretty sure you''ll come in with a bid

He is a class player, not your man of the match week in week out, but he is effective and efficient... Certainly knows where the goal is and not many of his goals are tap ins.

Apparently Paul Lambert is something of a poet, as can be seen from the notebook I stole from his jacket while in the all-Muslim city of Birmingham last week.
I wandered lonely as a cloud
Away from Norfolk''s lack of hills,
I ended up at Villa Park,
And gave their fans several nil-nils;
These fickle fans are hard to please,
Now we leak goals in twos and threes.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Well well well.

In your face, Russell Grant.[/quote]

Are you blowing your own trumpet there Bor or is that a tenuous link to the BJ story?

I like this poetry lark BBB.......

Here''s the next verse!

Continuously their fans whine

They never ever win away

A shambles of a defensive line

And an ineffective Benteke

A midfield trio that''s in a trance

Prima donnas who preen and prance

You do the next verse........

Their Randy Lerner lives abroad

He asked me "ain''t it time we scored?"

I said "wee man, ye dinna ken -

We pick ourselves up, go again,

We''re nearly there, the lads are trying"

He said "I''d rather watch paint that''s drying".

As Villa go down to another loss

Lambert pleads to his big boss

"Oh Randy please, oh generous sire

Pull an iron from the fire

It''s deadline day and these players are dross

And I''m just a man, not the f***ing Messiah!"

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Mark my words now, this will be the greatest signing since Cedric Anselin.[/quote]Brellier was better than Anselin.

Feedthewolf wrote the following post at 02/02/2015 10:59 PM:

Bor Bor Bor wrote:

Mark my words now, this will be the greatest signing since Cedric Anselin.

Brellier was better than Anselin.

I''ll let you be the judge of that

The Accies have just OFFICIALLY stated that their side of the paperwork is done and will be a NCFC player.

(I used caps to make it seem more important, a bit like ssn)