Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Ollsson to WBA

Dissapointing but he is far from irreplaceable. Decent enough but nothing great.

I would be very concerned about having Garrido back in as LB ... he''s played so little football recently. To let Olsson go must mean that we will bring in a new LB or cover for JG???

will be interesting to see how much money they give us onto of dorrans...not literally of course (like the charlie sheen ''cash bucket challenge'')

Our defence has been very poor this year and while Olsson is''nt the only one to blame, he has played beneath himself by quiet a long way. I looked to see what Blackburn thought about him when we signed him as I''d always thought he looked a decent player on telly or against us, they seemed to think he couldnt cope with the championship. Whether thats attitude or the sheer directness i dont know, but i dont see we can keep a player for in all likelihood another year of championship football in the hope we then get back to the premier league and he performs consistently well again, we need performances now.

Been found lacking a few times this season, the goals conceded against Cardiff largely being his fault showing where he doesn''t always track back... I have no real issue with Garrido coming back into the fold. But in terms of potential it''s a shame, on his day he could be a top left back.... Let''s see what happens with this deal.

http://www.viasatsport.se/nyheter/fotboll/agenten-trakigt-att-norwich-har-stoppat-honom/

Olsson''s agent is saying that he wants to basically go and Norwich are stopping him.

(use google translate as it''s written in swedish)

From what I understand, we get Dorrans + £1m, which gives a valuation of the £5m we wanted for Olsson. IMO not a bad deal, Cuellar was always a cb/lb and of course we have Garrido but can also dip into the loan market.

Does anyone really care he is off? Has been largely dissapointing this season and seems he doesn''t want to be here. Cheerio then.

I would guess we''ve trousered at least a million in cash on this deal.Dorrans has agreed terms.

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]Is that defo on Dorrans Ricardo? Great news if so[/quote]Sky reporting it

"Also the swap deal involving Graham Dorrans and Martin Olsson of

Norwich is almost done. The Swedish international Olsson would solve

West Brom''s problem at full-back. The value of the package is around

£4m."From Pat Murphy at BBC. He''s usually itk.

Perhaps we''re getting 4 million plus Dorrans?

Apparently Burnleys reported 3 million offer for Dorrans was well off, ie. it wasn''t anywhere near the reported 3 million.

We won''t get that much as Dorrans is going to be worth at least a couple of million in this deal

[quote user="norfolkngood"]we can always play whittaker at LB ! (joke )[/quote]

Why not he has two left feet

Cant beleive this is going to happen.

We need more defenders and letting two go this window is crazy. Ok neither may not be the best this season but if we don''t improve the team with better players then we are weaker tomorrow.

If they don''t bring anyone in then we''ve been lied to again.

ffs how many more midfielders do we need.

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Cant beleive this is going to happen.

We need more defenders and letting two go this window is crazy. Ok neither may not be the best this season but if we don''t improve the team with better players then we are weaker tomorrow.

If they don''t bring anyone in then we''ve been lied to again.

ffs how many more midfielders do we need.[/quote]

we didnt have enough midfielders last week

Living in the West Midlands and a couple of mates are WBA fans and are gutted to see Dorrans go. Very hard working and creative too from their assessment.