Sign in to follow this  
daz

olsson off and dorrans off............ get out clause

Olsson deal off as he wanted a get out clause incase relegated says twitter/sources...

so that ended up killing off the dorrans deal...

Olsson is a city player..... how would garrido (who would have been our 1st choice) feel now ? :D

I don''t blame Olsson.West Brom are just three points off the relegation spots. A player that has suffered two relegations already probably understands their position as well as any. You can understand him wanting a release clause if - otherwise he could be in exactly the same position again come next January.

Bit of a balls up really , linked with a £2 million winger and £4 million attacking midfielder and all we end up with is somebody from Hamilton Accies , who would have guessed it .

The one guy we''d not be overpaying for.

Dorrans is decent but do we really need another centre mid really? Noone has 1 goal and 1 assist all season and has played nearly every game. I''m actually glad we''ve missed out on him. I wouldn''t mind seeing us try Olsson left mid or even continue the Johnson experiment which was going fantastic until he was needed at CM. Howson and Tettey are back and Vadis will be soon as well, so we''re covered there.

Has Jarvis completed the QPR move or have we got a chance still?

P.O nail on head with that one, the far more intelligent on here will now state rubbish like " we don''t need anyone" blah blah blah. Its norwich pre Lambert all over again! This penny pinching is why he left in the end and to top it off they then tried pinching his bonus money he was due. Seems the ones who know football can really see what this joke board are all about (Phelan, Lambert, Joe Royale)

If we are paying over a million i would say theres every chance we are overpaying , as for all those midfielders being available again then why did the manager want to spend £4 million on another one ? either they are a long way from fitness or he does not rate them .

[quote user="chicken"]I don''t blame Olsson.West Brom are just three points off the relegation spots. A player that has suffered two relegations already probably understands their position as well as any. You can understand him wanting a release clause if - otherwise he could be in exactly the same position again come next January.[/quote]That''s not exactly a vote of confidence in WBA''s manager. I should think Pulis is breathing a sigh of relief but we''re now lumbered with a lazy player who has a bad attitude.

Has anyone said ''we don''t need a LM''? I think it''s pretty clear that we need one. I think it''s pretty clear that we tried to get one. I think it''s pretty clear that we''ll continue to try and get one as the loan window is open.

[quote user="Maccys Back"]P.O nail on head with that one, the far more intelligent on here will now state rubbish like " we don''t need anyone" blah blah blah. Its norwich pre Lambert all over again! This penny pinching is why he left in the end and to top it off they then tried pinching his bonus money he was due. Seems the ones who know football can really see what this joke board are all about (Phelan, Lambert, Joe Royale)[/quote]It''s not the first time the board have failed to back the manager in the January window, so you''ve got to wonder if they actually trust their new manager to spend on players.They''ve had a go at a couple of players, of which we got the easy to get one (ie Andreu), but maybe they''re waiting to see how Neil performs with what he''s got between now and the summer. If things go t1ts up then maybe a proper manager will arrive in June and get a bigger kitty.

Apparently we didn''t York, it was decided from ''people in the know'' that Cardiff ''kept on moving the goalposts'' after a deal had been agreed, unfortunately

I wouldn''t be surprised if we did a sort of swap oan deal for Dorrans and Olsson. I''m sure there''s still going to be interest from all parties concerned and it''s easy enough to make the figures add up by simply adjusting the respective loan fees.

I imagine we''ll loan a winger too seeing as we tried to get Noone initially

Ah well in that case Cardiff can do one. They can keep their high wage bill and mid-table prospects. We have one less player for the left side with Lafferty out on loan though so we''ll need competition for Murphy

[quote user="York Canary"]

I wouldn''t be surprised if we did a sort of swap oan deal for Dorrans and Olsson. I''m sure there''s still going to be interest from all parties concerned and it''s easy enough to make the figures add up by simply adjusting the respective loan fees.

I imagine we''ll loan a winger too seeing as we tried to get Noone initially

[/quote] That would mean one or the other backing down on the release clause . Somebody has just posted on Twitter that Sky are now saying Olson deal may be back on but whether theres anything in that is anybodys guess .

[quote user="towatowa 1996"][quote user="chicken"]I don''t blame Olsson.West Brom are just three points off the relegation spots. A player that has suffered two relegations already probably understands their position as well as any. You can understand him wanting a release clause if - otherwise he could be in exactly the same position again come next January.[/quote]That''s not exactly a vote of confidence in WBA''s manager. I should think Pulis is breathing a sigh of relief but we''re now lumbered with a lazy player who has a bad attitude.[/quote]Sorry but that''s rubbish. Since when has Olsson been lazy and had a bad attitude? He can often be seen covering the entire left side of the pitch - one thing he is not, is lazy.And it''s not a statement on Pulis. It''s a statement on the squad he has. Which is pretty dire. And who has he added? Carlton Cole, Fletcher and Callum McManaman. They might work out to be great signings. Cole isn''t going to set the league alight. Fletcher hasn''t played regularly for a while now and McManaman is still relatively young. Pulis is a good manager, but you can never rule out anything from happening in football.If they were 3+ points better off, would Olsson be asking for the clause? I also doubt it''s a straight release clause. I suspect it would be that he would be allowed to seek a further move upon relegation.What I would say, is that it''s actually a poor reflection on both WBA and Pulis if that is the reason it fell through. They obviously do not have the confidence that they will stay up, otherwise it wouldn''t have bothered them.

I hope Olsson is welcomed back fully, assuming he has the right attitude. Can''t blame him for wanting a PL move and it would be a complete waste to allow a player of his talent to rot in the reserves.

[quote user="River End Canary"]Yet another f@ck up by MnNasty Noone and Doorans he really is a prize tool. The sooner he goes the better[/quote]

What part of "swap deal" don''t you understand?

while we may still be able to loan in Dorrans (or Noone) with a view to a permanent move when the loan window opens pl teams are not allowed any signings now until the season ends.

As such Olsson wont be loaned to WBA or any other prem side - so he is here for the duration.

Now start work on that loan deal with the baggies... and contact wham for jarvis too as it looks like the qpr deal didnt come off...