Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Late ,late to late!

Why on earth do teams leave everything until the last day. More deals have fallen down on the last day this year than ever before.

Olsson deal collapsed according to the WBA Chairman as he did not make it for the medical in time. Been a bit late for some tackles as well this season I recall.

Guess like everything in football these days, it must be about money!

Would any other business survive leaving everything until the last minute?

ref Olsson I agree they had all day to sort this out and wait till approx 9 pm for him to make his way up there we had been talking about it all bl00dy day !!!!!

Bitter sweet end to the day, glad Olsson didnt leave, it would have depleted an already thread bare defence. But also disappointed that we didnt get Dorrans, very good player IMO.

Olsson turned them down. He didn''t want to risk another relegation without a get out clause. Perhaps he feels confident we''ll be promoted in the next couple of years and perhaps he''s reasonably settled?

I guess due to the nature of the market, people will drive a hard bargain and it means waiting until the death.

I do suspect some of our targets were players that wanted a premiership move but we were waiting for them moves to not materialise. People like Scott Sinclair and a tenuous link to Aaron Lennon before they got themselves moves.

That''s the position we are in though. To get the players of extra quality, we are often going to have to wait our turn and pass up some good quality players in the hope plan A comes off.

It''s a bit like spotting a girl/guy you like on a night out who''s getting plenty of attention and batting off interest from the other options there in the hope they get to 2 in the morning and have you as their last option (said in jest if anyone''s offended by my analogy, I think most of you can cope with that though!)

The answer here though is would you rather have a potentially half motivated Scott Sinclair or a fully motivated Tony Andreu?

Sinclair on song has proven he could be the difference in this league and be head and shoulders above the rest, but there are no guarantees. Andreu is more the shrewd end of the business market, unproven at this end of the professional leagues but more than good enough for every level he''s played at. If it goes wrong, it''s cost us £1m and some low wages and it probably wouldn''t unsettle the dressing room much which in todays market isn''t that bad compared to if we''d bought a bigger player. If it goes right, we could have the next Charlie Adam or indeed Graham Dorrans on our books which wouldn''t be a bad thing!

The advantage we have now is the loan market. We will now go from some players plan z to some players plan A as we are one of the most attractive options left for any left mids that need first team football. Our odds of Matt Jarvis and co now drastically improve. Can anyone tell me if there is a maximum 3 months we can loan players now?

[quote user="NCFCgardener"]Bitter sweet end to the day, glad Olsson didnt leave, it would have depleted an already thread bare defence. But also disappointed that we didnt get Dorrans, very good player IMO.[/quote]

Thread bare defence?  Bassong, Cuellar, Bennett, Miguel, Turner, Martin Whitaker and Garrido! seem to have a lot of option in defence, maybe you ment left back.  Garrido is more than capable and can cross better than Olsson, usually earlier because he cant rely on pace, which would suite Jerome and dosent allow the defecne as much time.

we obviously felt we had enought cover to consider letting him go.