Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Laffers off to Turkey?

To be fair he hasn''t been that bad - always put in the effort and not necessarily in his preferred role; one certainty is that our card count will go down big-time if he''s off.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]To be fair he hasn''t been that bad - always put in the effort and not necessarily in his preferred role; one certainty is that our card count will go down big-time if he''s off.[/quote]

I agree. I think he''s decent enough but i find him frustrating, you can see what a good player is in there somewhere, but i have my doubts if he can realise it enough to become a mainstay in the team. Not to mention he''s a walking liability sending off wise.

It''s a shame for Lafferty, but it''s a shame that he was seen as the best option for left midfield in the summer, it''s good that we''re looking at a genuine replacement for this position finally.

Shame we buy a striker, who in my opinion would be better as a lone striker than Grabban, who shines for NI at international level, and we can''t give him a chance in that role here!

Samwam27 wrote the following post at 02/02/2015 6:19 PM:

Shame we buy a striker, who in my opinion would be better as a lone striker than Grabban,

-----------------------------------------

As this is a forum for discussion, may I ask why this is?

Miggins, mainly because we''ve never seen him utilised in what is predominantly his strongest position!There are relatively few successes where players are played out of position

I like Lafferty but the blokes a liability on the pitch.Best off without having seen him play, more chance of a sending off than a goal and he''s way too unpredicatable.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]So you are basing your opinion that he is better than Grabban as a striker because you haven''t seen him play there?[/quote]I''m basing it on the fact that someone who scores regularly at full internatioal level should and could be better in that role than someone who, apart from a great run at start of season, has lost form/confidence over next 20 games, despite continuing to be given a chance. We''ll never know cuz Lafferty was never given that chance.Everyone has a dip in form at some point over a season, we just need to see Grabban rediscover his form????How many international goals has Grabban got Mrs Miggins, even if he''s "better than Lafferty" in that role in your opinion :)

Northern Ireland international Kyle Lafferty has left Championship club Norwich City to join Turkish side Caykur Rizespor on loan for the rest of the season.BBC

I''m not sure you can compare international form samwam as, like Grabban, I very much doubt Lafferty would get into the England squad.

Though I see where you are coming from though, Lafferty has done pretty well when playing for his country in a poor team which makes it even harder for him. However, personally I can''t see Lafferty getting over 15 goals a season in this league like Grabban did, however I now see where you''re coming from. Most people will only be glad he''s gone if we get in a left winger.

awful on the wing too slow and we never see as striker what can offer...

still shocking move as Rizespor is 4th from bottom in Turkish poor league.

Lualua is here too.

STrange how agree for this option Rize is poor place at all.

Not big miss for us imo

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]4 months apparently. He just bit at some troll on Twitter lol[/quote]What did he say? I don''t twit.

Politely told him to eff off basically.

He has basically said he needs games as a striker and he wasn''t getting that here so he made the decision to leave.

I find it really odd that he''s gone to Turkey of all places. He''s had a really funny career! England-Scotland-Swizerland-Italy-England-Turkey and he''s from Northern Ireland. He''s still got a good 10 years left as well!