Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Alex Neil - The Player

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]because he isn''t registered with the English FA.

Yes he was!

[/quote]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30737624

Really? Didn''t he just say he wouldn''t play for the first team but would maybe help out the Development squad? Surely there isn''t separate registration for the U21''s, if your registered as a player you are available for all teams.

You may well just be right. I thought I heard him say in an interview that he could only play for the U21''s. I''m probably just talking b0ll0x though.....it''s been known to happen on the odd occasion.

Could play but won''t.  His fitness levels won''t be up to first team standard, but he is eligible. He said he may turn out to help the U21''s on the pitch sometimes rather than shout from the sideline.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]You may well just be right. I thought I heard him say in an interview that he could only play for the U21''s. I''m probably just talking b0ll0x though.....it''s been known to happen on the odd occasion.[/quote]On this board that''s called ''facts'' not ball cocks.

Very true Chick, especially going on what some posters have stated today.

*waits for Newton to tell us how we are all wrong and bring up the number 17 again*

Would be wrong for a manager to play at this stage in his tenure, he is still establishing his authority with them, if he had done pre season etc then maybe, also he was clear when he signed, that he would maintain his registration for the U21''s so he could get more involved, somehow I suspect his feet have not touched the ground since landing at Colney.