Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

loan market SWP / Dorrans ????

I know he hasn''t played much if a lot of football but if we can get him playing anywhere near his best how about SWP with qpr paying most of his wages must still be able to do it at this level ?? he had goals in him and pace well used to have ! don''t know to much about him now as he hasn''t played in premiership

I wouldn''t really want him at the club full time but a boost for the last 3rd would be good ?

also I wouldn''t be surprised to see us go back for dorrans as a loan

SWP is a right winger and I don''t think he''s what we need. We need balance to the side and that is a natural left footer with a great cross and the odd goal.

We have come out of the window quite well;   lost just one first team regular and that through choice,  held on to the spine, & more (eg no fishing around for a cover left back), and brought in some potential goals from cm.

I hope we use the loan system well;  get our younger and fringe players out and playing in champs and league one;   lets see loza score for 3 month,  morris have an impact etc.  Perhaps even McGrandles to a champs team would be good if one will give him pitch time each week.

And we can still strengthen the first team;  Jarvis,  Noone & Dorrans are all viable options that would improve the first 11 and help us kick on.   SWP - maybe if pay per play but waht we really need;  however a good cb...

I have a feeling that loans outside of the window cant be for the rest of the season,   so we may be limited to 3 months / 93 days.   If so we may not make a move until the end of Feb? 

It''s only the Mirror, but:

A swap for Norwich left-back Martin Olsson and Baggies midfielder Graham Dorrans collapsed when the defender failed to agree at contract at The Hawthorns.

MirrorSport understands Dorrans was desperate to quit for first team football at Norwich but Olsson insisted on having a relegation clause which Albion refused to sanction.

That suggests we could get him on loan still.

The playoff final is the 25th May, so counting back 93 days brings us to 21st Feb. That would be in time for the Watford game.

If we back ourselves to not need the playoffs or not need the player in the playoffs, we might as well buy now.

[quote user="danielsroundabout"]Is that 3 month thing the case Zipper and if so can it be renewed when the original period has expired?[/quote]

The loan window will also be closed by then so I assume no extention will be possible (if the original premise is correct..) 

It''s clear that WBA no longer need Dorrans so it''s likely still on the cards in terms of a loan agreement with the potential of a permanent deal agreed for the summer. Can''t see Noone being completely dead weather so again maybe (sorry Newton) there''s a loan potential there also.

There are loads of wide players not playing a lot at the moment for various teams so I''m sure we can pick one up from somewhere

IMHO the defence is in more need of surgery than the midfield. And in particular central defence. Assuming Olsson doesnt go out on loan we have two decent full backs and decent cover , again assuming RM is seen as a right back.

We''ve got a goal in us most games, unfortunatley we conceded most games too.

Maybe AN feels he can organise our defence and thats why he didnt buy, but im not so sure.

Any ideas for decent central defenders?

I''m not sure Clarkey that we don''t have decent central defenders, our problem seems to be which pair is the right pair. I think when he works that out we will concede less. For the record I quite liked Hooiveld, a mate of mine is a Millwall fan and apparently he was superb in his first game.

Our problem is leadership, a team is not a team without a leader and I don''t think RM is that guy out on the pitch.

One of the all time best partnerships we ever had was Malky and Flem, not because they were the best centre halves the world has ever seen but because they were a pair who played to each other''s strengths. We need to find the right pair and stick with it. In my view one has to be big and strong who can deal with the long ball stuff, the other needs pace to counteract the direct ball over the top.

This is where we see what AN is really like as a manager.

Fully expect dorrans to sign when the window reopens.

Also might be interesting to see the noone situation. If they do indeed want him off the wage bill it might be one to monitor.

Also matt Jarvis, West Ham happy to let him leave but the deal fell through, obviously now not able to join a prem side we may be able to take advantage