Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Olsson too late for medical!!!

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3216037/ShowPost.aspxI suspect that this is a smokescreen. I am pretty sure they could have done something had they wanted to.The rumour that Olsson wanted a relegation release clause seems more credible to me.

players don''t travel much on transfer dealine day..

say WBA had bid for Olsson at half past 10.. he wouldn''t have made it for a medical anyway..

Transfers are conducted and finalised pending the medical which can take place the next day. as long as the FA have all the paperwork in time you could do the medical next week if you really wanted.

I agree re the relegation clause.

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 04/02/2015 10:15 AM:

players don''t travel much on transfer dealine day..

say WBA had bid for Olsson at half past 10.. he wouldn''t have made it for a medical anyway..

Transfers are conducted and finalised pending the medical which can take place the next day. as long as the FA have all the paperwork in time you could do the medical next week if you really wanted.

I agree re the relegation clause.

Jas this very confusing as I have read other reports claiming Dorans was at Norwich in the afternoon, past a medical, agreed terms & Norwich had agreed a fee ?

What the hell is going on ?

Dorrans perhaps wanted to get things sorted out quickly to be available for Saturday.

Take a look at the number of foreign transfers that take place during the day. what if Andre Schurrle''s flight had been delayed/cancelled to Germany due to weather meaning he couldn''t take a medical?

Chelsea and Wolfsburg would simply have continued with the transfer...

Maybe Olsson got the call from McNally who that morning had opened the coffers cupboard and realised we had no money and couldn''t afford to pay Olssons expenses claim for diesel to Birmingham so he had to get a friend to drive him up there for free and that''s what made him late.....

Way I read it is Olsson wanted to go to Swansea not WBA so the relegation clause (and the prospect of less salary) was more of an issue and a shop stopper for him.

Interestingly when it comes to pounds and pence Pulis is no more inspirational than any other manager.

I''m glad he didn''t go, we need him here.

I agree UpperBarclay.

He will have weighed up the potential of going to WBA who might get relegated and even more extreme the possibility of them coming down and us going up, why would he want that? Think you''re right, he wanted Swansea who are all but guaranteed to be in the Prem next season

He will sit it out till the summer and then move on, we just need to make sure his mind is on the game!

Rich T The Biscuit wrote the following post at 04/02/2015 1:14 PM:

I agree UpperBarclay.

He will have weighed up the potential of going to WBA who might get relegated and even more extreme the possibility of them coming down and us going up, why would he want that? Think you''re right, he wanted Swansea who are all but guaranteed to be in the Prem next season

He will sit it out till the summer and then move on

Rich T how do u know this - are you just making it up as u go along ?

WBA webstite says he turned up late for his medical ?

My opinion based on what I believe and not what I have read in the papers or heard on sky.

The only way anyone would know would be to personally know someone involved, or we could just believe what the press have put of course Newton.

Oh yeah, I read somewhere that Martians are coming, must be true as I read it.

Tardiness appears to be an unlikely reason for Olsson not moving. The relegation clause seems more likely. But WBA with Pulis at the helm are unlikely to be relegated not with Leicester, QPR and Hull in such a mess. Palace, Albion and Sunderland will be safe therefore relegation clause may be a red herring. Even Villa will not go down mores the pity.

Rich T The Biscuit wrote the following post at 04/02/2015 2:46 PM:

My opinion based on what I believe and not what I have read in the papers or heard on sky.

I understand  Rich T - u are allowed an opinon but any one who has a different opinion to u is wrong

Any ones who reads artciles on the internet, or other forms of  media (including edp) & watches sky sports news or indeeds listens to the radio before forming an opinion based on all these sources has to be wrong unless it agrees with your made up story -

Got it  - am I correct - this is the way your mind works ?

One final question how do u believe it - where did the idea first come from - or did u just make it up as u were eating your boiled egg ?

I must have read it on the back of the same box of cereal where you get all of your clap trap!

In this case I think you''ll find I agreed with the post and offered up a reason as to why Olsson might want a clause re relegation.

I thought this was the place to make up rubbish or is that only reserved for you??

Rich T glad u agree you make up rubbish - suggest u try not to critize others peoples opinions so violently next time

Mine certainly had more foundations than yours- your post even contradicted  a statement made by WBA - I not done that

they had the west brom assistant manager on talk sport yesterday morning who said the deal was agreed in the morning but he didn''t arrive in the Midlands until the very last minute so very strange!!

Maybe suggests he wasn''t keen on the move or may be awaiting / expecting Swansea to come in but very odd, especially as its clear Dorrans was part of the deal and we appeared to have that all sewn up and ready to sign dependent on Olsson going the other way