Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Team for Saturday

I am shocked - Morty hasnt already provided a link to the previous identical thread.    Wassgornon? 

Elliot Bennett is a Div 1 player at best

Would like to see Martin at RB and Ryan Bennett along side Bassong

I always try and avoid picking a team as to be honest I am not good at it, plus in this instance I really havnt a clue about our new signing so wouldnt know where to slot him in.

But what I do know, is that the continual criticism of Elliot Bennett since his return is very unfair...WHY?....because he had a major injury, was out a long time and it takes a significant run of matches for any footballer who suffered that sort of injury to get back to his best.....and EB has some way to go yet.

-----------------Ruddy--------------------

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

----------------Tettey---------------------

Redmond Howson Andreu Bennett

-----------------Jerome---------------

Hooper can''t play as the lone striker and isn''t very good just off a striker either and I absolutely hate 4-4-2 so that''s my team

If Grabban carries on impressing in training,                     RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Ollson                      Tettey Redmond  Howson  Wes    Bennett                     Grabban

Wes to be subbed for Andreu in the second half.

Bassong and E Bennett were excellent last Saturday, which in turn led to Olsson having one of his best games in a while (Bassong beside him, Benno in front) so both should start, my line up.......

Ruddy

Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Olsson

Redmond, Johnston, Tettey, E Bennett

Hooper, Jerome

Subs; Rudd, Turner, Howson, Andreu, Murphy, Hoolahan

I would go with Highlands suggestion & BJ on left (purely cuz he pitches in with more goals than any other midfielder).Blackpool are bottom for a reason, they''ve been beaten by most other clubs than any other. In my opinion 4-1-4-1 is a more defensive line-up suited for packing midfield at away games.We need to win to keep up pressure on play off teams, and playing bottom placed team. We must be attack minded.I cannot see merit in playing Grabban up front "to give him confidence" when Jerome (if fit) and Hoops have been playing well and scoring all our goals.We''d all be moaning if Grabban played another solitary game up front and failed to score, and we failed to beat Blackpool.If we wanted to give someone confidence, heck we might as well play Whittaker up on his own. At least up there he wouldn''t get pummelled by the other teams wingers for a game!!!!!!

My team would be:

------------------ruddy----------------------

Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Garrido

------------------Tettey ---------------------

Redmond Howson Andreu Johnson

Jerome

subs - Rudd, Turner, Olsson, E Bennett, murphy, Hooper, Grabban.

(I''ve had to leave Wes out of my squad. I feel bad)