Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Brilliant Blog...

Perfectly expressed - as someone who got into this way of life at exactly the same time (Milk Cup ''85), I salute you, whoever you are.

Perhaps as a gesture of good will, Archant could print 26,000 of these and hand them out on Saturday. Then we might all behave less like dicks and more like Norwich City fans.

[quote user="River End Canary"]Laps you are ignoring me i am not feeling loved anymore?[/quote]I''ve always loved you Waveney.......Now get and read that blog. [;)]

Perceptive and articulate. This piece is spot on. I wonder if somebody with an...er..''alternative'' viewpoint will be willing to compose a suitable rebuttal elucidating their perception of their roles and expectations as ''supporters'' of NCFC?

[quote user="Chip20"]Perceptive and articulate. This piece is spot on. I wonder if somebody with an...er..''alternative'' viewpoint will be willing to compose a suitable rebuttal elucidating their perception of their roles and expectations as ''supporters'' of NCFC?[/quote]Strangely for this site, not one ''alternative'' viewpoint has been offered. Must be a first.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Chip20"]Perceptive and articulate. This piece is spot on. I wonder if somebody with an...er..''alternative'' viewpoint will be willing to compose a suitable rebuttal elucidating their perception of their roles and expectations as ''supporters'' of NCFC?[/quote]Strangely for this site, not one ''alternative'' viewpoint has been offered. Must be a first. [/quote]

No one wants to get Nutty started off on one Lapps ( lol )

An interesting piece and all largely due to the fact that society is much nastier and harsher than it was in the 50''s and 60''s. Why this should be I can''t say but its something you notice as you grow older. People have more now than they ever did but are ever more dissatisfied.

Ain''t that the truth Rickyyyyy..

I wonder how many will reflect and wish they''d spent more time enjoying the life they had.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Ain''t that the truth Rickyyyyy..

I wonder how many will reflect and wish they''d spent more time enjoying the life they had.[/quote]I''ve enjoyed mine Nutty, and have always been glad that I had my childhood in the 50''s and teenage years in the sixties.

A devastatingly true piece.

Our fanbase is sick and I don''t know what it will take to heal it.

That pretty much sums up every club from Forrest to Wolves to us.

The fact for me is that every club who like us go up and down the leagues appear to have lost any connection with the players who join for tge limelight of the premiership and the wealth and stardom it brings, then off the run to tge next club who replaced us after relegation....

The last player to become a city legend was Holty, before him Hucks and long term Drury......apart from the the rest including Wes......just don''t have any connection with the club or fans and are just employees.

So in my book its just part of the modern football while every fan is yearning to be the next to be boight out by tge billionare!

Some good points in the blog.

An Interesting read and brought back a few memories, but for me their is a massive difference between those days and today. The players wages. That why people expect more, these people are paid ridiculous amounts of money, some that are not for to lace the boots of the side from the 89 semi final etc...

i think people from the 89 semi etc... Can''t relate to the modern day footballer. To the point many have lost interest in football as a whole.

[quote user="Chip20"]Perceptive and articulate. This piece is spot on. I wonder if somebody with an...er..''alternative'' viewpoint will be willing to compose a suitable rebuttal elucidating their perception of their roles and expectations as ''supporters'' of NCFC?[/quote]

It never changes. The older generation always finds fault with the

next. It used to be that children were somehow guilty of not having

lived through a world war. Now the older generation, personified by the

writer of this blog, blames fans of my new generation for not having

endured decades of failure! Well I am sorry but that is one guilt trip

we have  no intention of accepting.The truth is that

football is not tribal in the way it used to be back in those dark ages.

You cannot count on us perpetuating some tired old working-class

ritual. Nor is it the only game in town. Football has to fight for my

attention with any number of other attractions and distractions. Many of

which come a great deal cheaper than the current prices at Carrow Road

and are more reliable in terms of the likely enjoyment factor.If the product doesn''t offer value for money in the way the alternatives

do then I am going - literally - to make my complaint heard. And if

that doesn''t work then I will find entertainment elsewhere. These are

not financially golden times, unless you are part of the 1 per cent that

own most of the world''s worth. I and many of my generation simply

cannot afford to waste what spare money I have on a second- or

third-class product.
So, yes, that does mean I expect success

and that equates at least to being in the top flight. If the club is

going to carry on charging Premier League prices then that is the level

of football it needs to guarantee. I don''t go to the theatre to watch

bad actors mangle their lines or to a concert to hear missed notes. It

is the same with football.Do we feel entitled? Damned right we do. We have more than done our bit. Before

myself and thousands like me came along attendances at Carrow Road,

during what we are told ad nauseam was our greatest era, were pathetic.

So we decided to lend a hand. We bulked up the crowds to something

presentable, but little thanks we got for it.Certainly not in

the form of reasonably priced food and drink. Nor in the form of having a

say in how the club was treating us. I don''t expect football clubs to

be democracies, but if they are going to carry on being run

autocratically then they must expect us to revolt in those two ways open

to us.And if loud complaints affect the team on the field, then

so much the better, because then that might actually bring about change (not least in the boardroom). Failing

that, then to vote with our feet. And Carrow Road can go back to

attendances of 14,000 with everyone blithely happy and supporting away

like mad and not a dissenting voice to be heard.

He produces good pieces does Nutty''s son but this continuing knocking of our crowd by various contributors gets a bit tedious.

The thing is, as others have said, this change in crowd reaction is the same throughout the UK and is most certainly not exclusive to us.

A very good read & completely agree.Interesting to read the alterative point of view put forward by Purple Canary.So you are prepared to spend your hard earned money on an overpriced ticket but not to watch 2nd or 3rd rate football.Well clearly the football club has a duty to print on that ticket the following warning.''The outcome of the football match you are about to watch can not be guarenteed''Just to make sure the pruchaser fully undrestands that watching said football match contains an element of risk and the complete satisfaction of the customer is always in the balance!!OTBC