Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Had just about enough of idiot Norwich fans

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Indy"]Be careful what you wish for......good OP but some on here saying we don''t need negative fans are wrong. Without the 10 or so thousand who vented their frustration last week the ground would be full of smiling people and green n yellow seats! [/quote]17,000 fully supportive and vocal fans would be just the ticket on Saturday. Empty seats don''t boo, hurl abuse or moan.[/quote]Now you are getting carried away westcoast. I can''t agree with that. Our consistent support is one of the great strengths of this Club, moaners or not. I suspect you were tongue in cheek there?[/quote]No, I wasn''t tongue in cheek, I meant it. I agree that income from ticket sales is important, and the ideal is a full ground supporting the club financially and the team on the field. But as many others have said, fans need to do what is best for the club, not add to its problems. Right now nobody needs negativity from the stands.

Yet another manager change restarts the clock. Neil needs time. If we don''t make the play offs we will have seriously underachieved but a rebuild will happen over the summer whatever. Fans will boo and others will boo them for doing it each convinced of their superior knowledge and commitment to the club.

I often wonder if these miserable angry boo boys are the same in their everyday lives. Or do they save it all up for the match day.

I think last home match was the culmination of two years frustration and unfortunately Whittaker & Neil were the target.

Lets be fair most of the time Carrow Road is a goid place at the start of any game...but goed very quiet after the first few minutes.

But then as my co supporter said.....not really much to cheer, having to sit and watch these past few years....maybe terracing is the answer.

This board is only the tip of the ice berg of opinion and it varies.

I see both side the need to support the team during the game and to boo at the end if thats your bag in applying pressure and venting at the board manager and players to improve.

You are spot on with that Indy, and that is why LDC is completely and hopelessly wrong when he claims that booing (and presumably moaning) is merely throwing toys out of prams, and nothing to do with frustration or disappointment (as he puts it).It has EVERYTHING to do with it. There are large numbers of true Norwich supporters who have paid their dues ,and in many cases followed the club through thick and thin  for years. But they have become increasingly frustrated by the chaotic and shambolic way the club has been run over the last 2 or so years.The OP chooses an interesting subject for the thread, and there are a few parts of his comments with which I agree. And there are indeed some of the what one poster described as ''bandwagon jumpers'', with whom the club could, realistically do without. But, to suggest that all the people who vent their anger and frustration with booing and the like is completely missing the point. People like Ricardo always say that there''s little we , as fans, can do about it. In practical terms he would be right in that assertion, but the one thing we can do is to voice our opinion in whatever way we can.And that, surely, is the right of any supporter, whatever his/her view might be ?

Last season we made the World''s Top 40 - in any other business would probably be regarded as success. Difficult to criticise a Board that achieved that from the financial meltdown of a few short years ago.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You are spot on with that Indy, and that is why LDC is completely and hopelessly wrong when he claims that booing (and presumably moaning) is merely throwing toys out of prams, and nothing to do with frustration or disappointment (as he puts it). It has EVERYTHING to do with it. There are large numbers of true Norwich supporters who have paid their dues ,and in many cases followed the club through thick and thin  for years. But they have become increasingly frustrated by the chaotic and shambolic way the club has been run over the last 2 or so years.  The OP chooses an interesting subject for the thread, and there are a few parts of his comments with which I agree. And there are indeed some of the what one poster described as ''bandwagon jumpers'', with whom the club could, realistically do without. But, to suggest that all the people who vent their anger and frustration with booing and the like is completely missing the point. People like Ricardo always say that there''s little we , as fans, can do about it. In practical terms he would be right in that assertion, but the one thing we can do is to voice our opinion in whatever way we can.And that, surely, is the right of any supporter, whatever his/her view might be ?[/quote]

That sounds to me just like people throwing their toys out of their pram.   Failing  to accept things as they are.  Failure to accept that a new manager needs time. Failure to understand the position on injuries. Failure to understand the substitutes.  With Hughton it was people failing to understand the position he inherited. Failure to understand that he would need time. Failure to appreciate the nature of trying to survive the premiership on limited means - and we were limited compared to other clubs. Failure to understand that the players were affected by the negativity from the terraces/gossip/twitter/message boards etc.   There is just a failure by some people to show a little understanding over two years or so, not failure by the club - you can disagree with the board''s way of doing things - they are open to criticism of course - you can blame players - you can blame the manager - all that is fine - but to affect the team on the pitch when they are trying to come to terms with their situation is not fine.   In fact it is bonkers.   Madness of a sort.   "Hooray we love our club - but only when it suits us". 

I get ashamed by some of the stuff on here, I''ve been ashamed at matches where booing a player has happened, or seen where a player has been directly targeted by fans - Surman used to get it in the neck from supporters near the touchline when he was out on the left.  Morison got it.  Wilbraham got it to start with - and others. Ruddy got it this season.  Ashamed that anyone can treat a player or team the way they do with a kind of  inhuman mob style ranting or booing, or whatever way they vent their frustration.  

AN said it somewhere recently - save any booing or dis-satisfaction until after the match, as it doesn''t help the players during.   He''s right of course - anything else is just stupid, peurile and ignorant.

[quote user="lake district canary"]AN said it somewhere recently - save any booing or dis-satisfaction until after the match, as it doesn''t help the players during.   He''s right of course - anything else is just stupid, peurile and ignorant.

[/quote]That, and what you led up to, LDC, is all fine and dandy, but the OP was talking generally about people ''moaning''. Sure, the booing came into it, but he was also including the catcalls after the match, the comments on here and other fora. The tweets, the letters in the paper , and numerous other things.As I say, people have the right to boo. I don''t do it myself, but can perfectly understand those who do. But....is not the rest of the stuff PRECISELY what AN is talking about. ie after the match has finished.?And that is where I have a problem with the OP. You cannot just lump all criticism as generic ''moaning''. I''m not sure whether bboing individual players helps much, but I just cannot see where he is coming from in grumbling about fans who are questioning decisions in other ways .

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Will get slated for this post no doubt but I really don''t care. I know we all pay our money and have a right to our opinion and I also realise this board only represents a minority.

But I''ve had just about enough of hearing and reading absolute drivel from some fans.

Last week I was incredulous when the boos rang out when Hooper was subbed. We were obviously getting over run in midfield and needed another body in there, preferably a creator, which AN recognised and rightly so.

Secondly the abuse Whittaker received and the overall performance was ludicrous and a classic example of our fans inept opinions on professional football.

We have our 3 first choice midfielders out and a RB in midfield, all after a week of disruption with Phelan leaving, and lo and behold the performance was poor.

And now we have utter idiocy at the result of yesterdays performance, away, against an in form side.

The Jerome issue has been explained, and for me Hooper is not the man to play the lone striker role. When I saw the lineup I was thrilled and thought good, time for Jerome and Hooper to be rested, Bassong back fantastic, and Tettey and Johnson behind a good attacking 3.

This was the formation, and most of the players that started the season so well. For me it was our switch to 442 that was the start of our problems.

AN has sorted the defensive problems that have been evident all season, or at least has started too, hopefully this new back four will finally work.

So AN has been here 5 mins, still doesn''t fully know the players strengths and yet he''s already improved the defence and laid down a marker of perform or you''ll lose your place. Two things that have been missing for 2 years.

It just seems that some of our fans really are clueless about the world of professional football, and I''m tired of hearing their constantly wrong opinions on everything.

How about everyone stops moaning, gets behind the team and give a guy who''s been here 5 mins a chance rather than blindly with no thought slaughtering every decision made and slating AN and the team because we haven''t won 10-0 every game.[/quote]I agree with the overall sentiments here but do you think switching Russell Martin back to centre back and playing a lackluster Whittaker at Right Back again means Neil has "sorted the defensive problems"? He needs to go out and get another right back in to fill the gap Martin leaves or rebuild Turner''s confidence and get him and Seb playing together again.

Can I remind peopke one of thr longest and level headed supporters booed last week in Ricardo.....are you seriousely saying the club and this board would be better off withput people like him?

Too many of you so calked Hapy Clappers are as bad as the Totally Negstive Nellies it might be your fault just to turn up and be happy to just muddle along in the championship.....

I''m sitting on tge fence and will carry on....as much as I dislike Neil and his new management the club board are better positioned to make this call and he will get my full support on match day....if he fails then the board will get my frustrations aimed at them as Neil took a job offered the same as Adams did....as me or you would have done.

There is no wrong or right here maybe those who boo can wait till the end and aim it at the board....support the manager and team through the game.

Not so much the desire to boo, rather a growing sense of complete and total ambivalence to a point where it''s hard to find the motivation to rock up to FCR let alone spend all day and a fair sum of money on an away day.

A Board who despite a fair new number of protagonists have returned to their Modus Operandi that''s served them so terribly averagely for the last twenty years. Howler followed by spin followed by balls up followed by yet more spin and so it goes on. One genuinely decent manger in twenty years and they fucked that up as he wasn''t sufficiently nice.

From a club that teetered on the edge of precipice in League 1 they backed a manager like never before apart from the fact he wasn''t a mangager. The degree of profligacy demonstrated this summer beggared beleief with millions wasted on complete and utter dross who I suspect several of which we will never see play.

The Chief Executives bonus for relegation, despite the Chairmans views that it was "in his contract" neither can this be allowed to pass or not be considered a part of the growing frustration and indeed antipathy at FCR.

On a personal note the odious twat that sits behind me who sees fit to sit there broadcasting every score of no significance or relevance with his headphones wedge in his ears right at the top of his grating voice.

This nimrod applauds every misplaced pass the opposition makes for reasons know only to himself and he doesn''t even know who some of our own players are.

He also rocks in with a salad bowl from Morrisons and proceeds to graze away on this vile looking congealed blob, hideous to behold.

Never in my entire footballing life have I ever wanted to stand up and lump someone as much as this tool, quite honestly his behaviour should warrant a lifetime ban from FCR either that or a large tub of Vagisil which just might get rid of him.

So whilst I may not be into booing my God it''s tediously painful and no I don''t want to know that Ipswich are winning.

Its a great OP that I dont necessarily agree 100% with, BUT it, together with the varied responses, has certainly made up my mind to give the new regime a little more time :-) ..........we are after all just three points away from a play-off place and I accepted a few weeks ago, before the Bournemouth win, that an automatic place was not possible. That said we have every right to feel disappointed and to grumble a bit....

Just because Rickyyyyyyyyy''s a boo boy doesn''t make it right.

What adjective would you use to describe a supporter who encourages when we are winning but boos when we are losing?

Indy wrote the following post at 01/02/2015 4:24 PM:

Can I remind peopke one of thr longest and level headed supporters booed last week in Ricardo.....are you seriousely saying the club and this board would be better off withput people like him?

I think you will actually find that Ricardo is a serial Boooer and cushion thrower.😄

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Just because Rickyyyyyyyyy''s a boo boy doesn''t make it right. What adjective would you use to describe a supporter who encourages when we are winning but boos when we are losing?[/quote]

Medically, they are referred to as manic depressives. I hesitate to call them bipolar because that makes them sound like two friendly white bears playing in the Arctic.

uote user="Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd"]Well said Broadstairs ,,, you have made sense of the other side of this polarised argument .

Nice how the op says that we are all entitled to our opinion ,,, then as usual with this kind of post ,,, objects to anyone who disagrees ,, oh dear/quote]

Amusing how you attempt to make an intelligent dissection of my post, but fail to see the point of my initial statement.

We ARE all entitled to our opinion, and I''m not disagreeing with opinions that this season hasn''t been good enough. The point is I''m not as you state objecting with anyone who disagrees. The point I''m making is that in amongst all the reasoned opinions and arguments is some absolute tripe that either people with a very low IQ or a very poor understanding of the game of football, are still dishing out on a weekly basis and I''m sick of hearing it.

Slating a RB who didn''t play well in CM, slating a team devoid of 3 crucial CM''s and slating a manager that''s been here 5 mins, has overseen two good wins and a draw away from home at a good side and one poor game where there were obviously reasons why, is just not worthy of debate.

These people are just plain wrong and I can''t agree nor disagree when the statements are blind, thoughtless and plain idiotic.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]You are spot on with that Indy, and that is why LDC is completely and hopelessly wrong when he claims that booing (and presumably moaning) is merely throwing toys out of prams, and nothing to do with frustration or disappointment (as he puts it). It has EVERYTHING to do with it. There are large numbers of true Norwich supporters who have paid their dues ,and in many cases followed the club through thick and thin  for years. But they have become increasingly frustrated by the chaotic and shambolic way the club has been run over the last 2 or so years.  The OP chooses an interesting subject for the thread, and there are a few parts of his comments with which I agree. And there are indeed some of the what one poster described as ''bandwagon jumpers'', with whom the club could, realistically do without. But, to suggest that all the people who vent their anger and frustration with booing and the like is completely missing the point. People like Ricardo always say that there''s little we , as fans, can do about it. In practical terms he would be right in that assertion, but the one thing we can do is to voice our opinion in whatever way we can.
And that, surely, is the right of any supporter, whatever his/her view might be ?
[/quote]

That sounds to me just like people throwing their toys out of their pram.   Failing  to accept things as they are.  Failure to accept that a new manager needs time. Failure to understand the position on injuries. Failure to understand the substitutes.  With Hughton it was people failing to understand the position he inherited. Failure to understand that he would need time. Failure to appreciate the nature of trying to survive the premiership on limited means - and we were limited compared to other clubs. Failure to understand that the players were affected by the negativity from the terraces/gossip/twitter/message boards etc.   There is just a failure by some people to show a little understanding over two years or so, not failure by the club - you can disagree with the board''s way of doing things - they are open to criticism of course - you can blame players - you can blame the manager - all that is fine - but to affect the team on the pitch when they are trying to come to terms with their situation is not fine.   In fact it is bonkers.   Madness of a sort.   "Hooray we love our club - but only when it suits us". 

[/quote]

I''d like to agree with you Lakey but then that would make us both wrong.

[quote user="Dibs"]Good post but you don''t leave both of your best forwards on the bench, rest one or the other but not both.

If Jerome or Hooper needed a rest then they are not match fit, they should not be taking up a place on the bench. That''s my view.[/quote]

Jerome had a hamstring issue and you can''t play Hooper as a lone striker. Grabban is more suited to that role, hence we were flying at the start of the season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Just because Rickyyyyyyyyy''s a boo boy doesn''t make it right.

What adjective would you use to describe a supporter who encourages when we are winning but boos when we are losing?[/quote]Come now Nigel, I don''t cheer when we win and boo when we lose. It takes me a long while to get upset enough to vent my feelings with a boo.Like I said before it took up until the WBA game to lose my patience and up until the Brentford game this year. There eventually comes a time when there''s nothing left to do but show how you feel. I can''t really see how that labels me as a boo boy. I''ve said many times before that managers run out of road and sometimes you only get action when you make your feelings clear eg Worthy, Burnley etc etc

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Indy wrote the following post at 01/02/2015 4:24 PM:

I think you will actually find that Ricardo is a serial Boooer and cushion thrower.😄[/quote]I think you will find, Mr Jenkins that I''ve already explained that I never had a cushion to throw because I didn''t have a seat in those days.Mind you, I''m not saying that I wouldn''t have chucked one if I''d have had one.[:D]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]AN said it somewhere recently - save any booing or dis-satisfaction until after the match, as it doesn''t help the players during.   He''s right of course - anything else is just stupid, peurile and ignorant.

[/quote]That, and what you led up to, LDC, is all fine and dandy, but the OP was talking generally about people ''moaning''. Sure, the booing came into it, but he was also including the catcalls after the match, the comments on here and other fora. The tweets, the letters in the paper , and numerous other things.As I say, people have the right to boo. I don''t do it myself, but can perfectly understand those who do. But....is not the rest of the stuff PRECISELY what AN is talking about. ie after the match has finished.?And that is where I have a problem with the OP. You cannot just lump all criticism as generic ''moaning''. I''m not sure whether bboing individual players helps much, but I just cannot see where he is coming from in grumbling about fans who are questioning decisions in other ways .[/quote]

Reggie you''ve misunderstood my post entirely. I''m not referring to people moaning in general at all.

I''m talking about the constant complete stupidity displayed by some, which has been highlighted quite clearly in the last two weeks, and to which I''ve eluded to in my op.

Indy was using you as an excuse for the ridiculous booing since this manager has been here Rickyyyyy. Surely he hasn''t run out of road already.

II''m a firm believer that positive support can influence results so Ihave to believe the negative stuff can too...

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"].

These people are just plain wrong and I can''t agree nor disagree when the statements are blind, thoughtless and plain idiotic.[/quote]Well, OK Matt, now you''ve gone some way to clarifying what your take is on this, I can perhaps have a little more sympathy with your overall message.But you do not do yourselves any favours as regards being taken seriously with comments such as the one I''ve quoted above. Still less with your statement in the OP where you suggested that anyone whose opinion was at variance with yours is ''just constantly wrong'' , or ''talking drivel''.

This is a old debate on how fandom changes and how we see it very different.

I had an interesting debate on either this site on when the canaries own website had a board.

I noted that I do not know go to as many games as I like, probably 10 games a year home and away. Now I bleed NCFC and feel pain for hours after a loss and take each win as a step and move to the next game. I admit I give constructive criticism even after wins as I believe our players can reach new heights.

At the ground I am a nervous fan, I concentrate fully on the game, the result. I applaud good play and hold my head in the hands for bad play. I regularly leave the ground talking of areas to improve and praise the odd good moments. I prefer class than effort and some of my memories are of individuals brilliance winning games for us or for opponents beating us.

Our fandom changes as our lives change, with new constraints due to finances, family and life. I recall being 16 and having a part time job missing Ncfc games, then when at university going back as games were frequent up north.

I find it hard to pay the price that it is at carrow road as I do not go for entertainment, I go because I want a win every game. I want my team to gain those two points do the win. You start the game on one point, and you either lose that or win two more. I find six pointers critical and find when norwich don''t play up to it that I am dumbfounded. Unfortunately it has been the norwich way.

My first game was 1988 and I went to all the games from 92-95 at carrow road. I love going to a game but I do not accept poor ability or poor play. If I want to be entertained I will watch a sport that I am entertained from, tennis and american football. But I have found myself questioning my fandom due to the word entertainment.

I have been a fan of american football from a similar period and been to games here and also in the US. I follow the game avidly and it is my number one sport to ''watch, consume, be entertained by''. In fact I have had a holiday where I went to see the 49ers during their run to the Super Bowl and to San Francisco to say I have been to the historic candlestick park. For 80 dollars I have seen much more entertainment and I follow the 49ers as closely as Ncfc but I enjoy the game, the league. it is my passion, favourite sport and I have the 49ers in my blood.

Football isn''t that. Norwich falling short hurts me, norwich winning is a step in the right direction. This season will hurt me if we do not go up as the writing has been in the wall. Ncfc is in my blood, soul and all over.

If you have seen ripping yarns by Michael palin and his 30 minute show of a football fan you will see the emotion given to a win or loss. Every fan feels that, I feel that and follow each game wherever I may be. This season the goal was promotion and I expect that, we made poor decisions throughout with playing personnel and managerial appointments. We are on the fringes and I expect signings as we desperately need them for the immediate time but also to build in to the next transfer window and for next January. We have such weaknesses that we have to build and a youth system cannot fully support that so we need to look elsewhere.

I don''t care about any other football, i don''t enjoy it and have no interest. I am club before country and find myself very result driven with Ncfc. I want my club to survive and the premiership is the best way financially but of course we are a small club with a lack of finances of many.

Am I happy with the way the performance was at Birmingham, no. I am happy with points tally, no.

Afraid a point is not good enough, we have to play with an intent to show that we will break you down. It is different to arrogance, it is knowing that you can achieve against your opponent on the individual battles and then the team.

We have been poor throughout this season, plucky wins as we got to the top, grabban taking 4 chances to score 1 goal and terrible mistakes with bassong.

We are close to the play off positions but the table does not lie and the problem is we need AN to get on with it ASAP we do not have time to ''gel''. We need wins and a draw is not enough when we are chasing so many.

If we made it to the play offs, I feel it would be hard to see us winning over two legs to then do it at Wembley. If we get belief, new quality in and get a run then who knows but there is nothing at this time to say it can happen.

I can take the 49ers not making the Super Bowl this year, but NCFC fans and club just spluttering along to mid table mediocrity is hard when we will not be in this position again. We need to apply ourselves now and that is directly needed at the training ground, in each and every game and by bringing in players. We do not need to wait for one to leave, if our targets are in that position we look elsewhere. We cannot sit idle, this point of the season is critical to bring in that blood for the push and so far we are wasting it.

Fandom will always be discussed but there is no wrong or right way just opinions, I would agree that hooper and Jerome should start. They are our best chance to get goals. But we cannot waste time rejigging the team so dramatically.

AN has one big challenge ahead as we stated when he joined.

At the start of the season I thought we could get 5th, I felt if a more senior man was in we would be higher and I thought we would be adding more prem experienced players.

At this point I still feel there are loads of games but we are not doing enough to say we could finish above that and at times I feel we will finish below that, new signings are needed, performances and wins are needed.

The lack of interest on this board for the game yesterday and the transfer window highlights where the club is. As many have said that feel good factor has gone, the transfer window is a time to bring that in.

Well said I think Norwich fans think there on par with Barcelona with the crap I''ve read ..Alex Neil has inherited your previous regime problems .he will sort it out ..and sell dead wood and build his own team at the end of the season

[quote user="DundeeFc"]Well said I think Norwich fans think there on par with Barcelona with the crap I''ve read ..Alex Neil has inherited your previous regime problems .he will sort it out ..and sell dead wood and build his own team at the end of the season[/quote]I certainly hope you are right and that what happened at the Brentford game was all part of the trial and error of getting the right formation and the right personnel.The booing was due to pent up emotions released at the continued failure after so many promising fresh starts.

I agree with the sentiments of the OP. As I said in another thread the key thing for me was that the major problems from last week had all been rectified. We kept the ball well, there was no goofball and we never looked remotely like losing the game. Ok it wasn''t perfect and offensively we can play better but it dispelled some fears of mine post the Brentford game. We are still well in the hunt for top 6. Just need to take each game as it comes and see what happens.

Dress it up how you like Rickyyyy my opinion won''t change. I''m a very positive person and believe collective positivity can influence the outcome of games. I will cite the 4-4 with Boro and that great comeback after the boo boys had stormed out. Therefore collective negativity can also influence the outcome of games. I also listened to what Adam Drury had to say about the scapegoats who the boo boys single out. Currently Whittaker. And how if can affect those players singled out during games.

Now I''m quite happy to be labelled a happy clapper for my positive support so why can''t boo boys accept their description....