Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Booing Opposition Players

Other than Ipswich players, do we have any particularly memorable players we like to boo? Think of people like Muscat who was booed for nearly killing Bellamys career.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Question is Jim, does Booing the opposition players make them play better?😄[/quote][:D]

Purely depends on their character. For some like Suarez or Holt, it spurs them on. Others, particularly younger players, it can really get to them.

Anyone got any suggestions of players?

Other than Muscat, and ex scum, I can''t really think of anyone.Robbie Savage and Joey Barton?

How about Whittaker?

In all seriousness we don''t boo the opposition enough. But even more importantly IMO we don''t put nearly enough pressure on the officials. There''s been a few pens against us this season where a lot of our fans sit back and say the ref was right. Now he may have been right but can''t we wait til after the game for that? Put enough pressure on during the game and he just might even it up.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 06/02/2015 11:03 AM:

Purely depends on their character. For some like Suarez or Holt, it spurs them on. Others, particularly younger players, it can really get to them.

Anyone got any suggestions of players?

It''s mainly ex Scummers isn''t it Jim. The booing tends to start as a result of what goes on on the field, a bad tackle, a dive etc.

For me I would always boo Andy Johnson, cheating bastard,, never forgiven him for diving in the box.