Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Breakfast with the manager

Anyone else there. Mostly diplomatic answers to questions but his playing style will be high pressing and intensity which the players are adapting to and he encourages sneaky foot in tackles.

If anyone knows the bell end who wanted an answer to the Whittaker midfield inclusion and the poor performance at Birmingham explained tell him to not bother turning up on Saturday. His negativity is not helpful to the team and sadly I am surrounded by a******** like this at every home match. Give the man time FFS. I like his no nonsense attitude and philosophy and I am sure the players will respond in time.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks they could manager ''their'' team better.

Alex Neil comes across well... and I admire his passion and desire. He does have a drive in him, that I haven''t seen from a manager since PL.

Irn Bru Canary wrote the following post at 05/02/2015 12:22 PM:

Anyone else there. Mostly diplomatic answers to questions but his playing style will be high pressing and intensity which the players are adapting to and he encourages sneaky foot in tackles.
If anyone knows the bell end who wanted an answer to the Whittaker midfield inclusion and the poor performance at Birmingham explained tell him to not bother turning up on Saturday. His negativity is not helpful to the team and sadly I am surrounded by a******** like this at every home match. Give the man time FFS. I like his no nonsense attitude and philosophy and I am sure the players will respond in time.

Irn did he give any indication about possible dealings in the loan market when the window opens ?

What about the imbalance of the squad re left midfield - anything at all ?

Is his target top 2 or just play offs ?

[quote user="Newton"]

Irn Bru Canary wrote the following post at 05/02/2015 12:22 PM:

Irn did he give any indication about possible dealings in the loan market when the window opens ?

What about the imbalance of the squad re left midfield - anything at all ?

Is his target top 2 or just play offs ?

[/quote]

He said he''s been reading your posts and now has a clear idea what to do.

Yeah, I was there, I was the guy wished happy birthday.The club has pretty much done this annually I believe, it was the same

format as the Paul Lambert one I went to in our Championship promotion

year. It''s a breakfast followed by a Q&A session. You write a question on a piece of paper, and the MC then selects some decent questions to ask the manager. But if the wrong questions get asked, they will just treat it like a glorified presser, and give a stock answer. In reality it was a touch more heated, but only at the end, befor that it had all been very cordial and friendly. The muppet in question

was at the other end of the room, so it was difficult to hear him. It was about 9:25am and Adrian Forbes was wrapping up.The muppet asked who had been choosing the questions, and Forbes replied that he had. The muppet then sticks a dig in, saying that he''d heard more about Hamilton than Norwich City, and follows this up with Whitaker selection. Alex Neil answered well and got a thunderous round of applause for his efforts. It''s worth noting that security were asking if they needed to intervene.

[quote user="morty"]Was the breakfast good?

I should hope so, wasn''t cheap, was it?
[/quote]

By the time I went up for mine they''d run out of Cash Browns.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="morty"]Was the breakfast good?I should hope so, wasn''t cheap, was it?[/quote]

By the time I went up for mine they''d run out of Cash Browns.

[/quote]BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He was on the next table to me. Basically had a go at AF about soft questions, said he had heard more about Hamilton than Norwich then asked about Whittaker in midfield against Brentford. AN basically said that options were limited, mentioned Wes by name and saying he was too much of an offensive option - stating the bloody obvious to the muppet. Then tried to move on to the "ropey performance" against Birmingham by which time the audience was getting restless as it wasn''t the time or the place for such a discussion. Should have been made to apologise to AN on behalf of all Norwich fans for the disgusting booing of Whittaker as then publically flogged - a*******!

Buh wrote the following post at 05/02/2015 3:14 PM:

I''d have booed him, personally.

TROLL alert

I was there too, the guy who asked the ''fantastic question'' (in Alex Neil''s words ;) ) on getting academy players into the first team at the sacrifice of results.

And you guys are right. What a complete tw*t he was. He clearly valued his opinion so highly that everyone had to hear it at all costs. Well done to Neil and Forbes in particular who handled the situation with great professionalism.

I think even he realised when the shouts of '' oh shut up'' started flying, it was time to shut up! I spoke to Forbes after about it, just saying obviously everyone questioned the Whitts in CM thing but knew it simply wasn''t appropriate to raise it.

other than that,, it was a lovely event. Shame about the lack of baked beans though

[quote] user="Jack''s Back"] Shame about the lack of baked beans though[/quote]

Finally someone comes up with proof that we have no cash.

Just take a step back and think about this.

Our manager, who has barely been in the job 5 minutes, is being berated over breakfast by psychotic fans

Just let that sink in

That''s where we are at

Does anyone eat marmalade anymore? I used to love Lime marmalade on my toast.....thats me off to the shops tomorrow, thanks Miggs.

Stop Press: Buh continues campaign against Norwich supporters.

Interesting your slant on our support Buh. Not sure what you''re about but ''berated over breakfast by psychotic fans'' is not correct now is it?

It was one person so the word ''fans'' is not accurate is it?

Whatever you do don''t let accuracy get in the way of your rantings which seem to be getting worse. Has anybody accused you yet of being a binner?

Don''t bother replying to this. I never look at threads after I''ve posted. I visit here every now and then, and find it good therapy to occasionally let off steam.

Enjoy your day at The Carra on Saturday. Why not concentrate on supporting your team than berating your fellow supporters.

Of course you don''t Bury.

But that begs the question where do you go to build up that head of steam. And unless I''ve been misled by your posts you go here. Because you only ever post about other posters.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Don''t bother replying to this. I never look at threads after I''ve posted.[/quote]That''s one of the funniest things I''ve ever read on here. [:D] [:D] [:D]

If better not reply to bury

He told me not to

And he''s not even reading this

Guess he won''t mind if I call him a tw@t

[quote user="Buh"]Just take a step back and think about this.

Our manager, who has barely been in the job 5 minutes, is being berated over breakfast by psychotic fans

Just let that sink in

That''s where we are at[/quote][Y]

Sounds like breakfast with a load of non-working and retired blanket wearers to me! lolHis team selections have been poor and we have lost more ground on the top 2 and 4 more games have passed. Whittaker in midfield was a shocking selection and he continues to select the defenders that have failed all season. It is my belief this is because they are Scottish internationals and he is aware of their standing as opposed to current form. In a season so important some serious questions needed asking, I would guess it was full of the blind support the lovely club at all times club. I can just imagine a valid question be shot down with "shut up comments" Why did he select Whittaker in midfield??? He is paid enough to not make such game losing decisions!

[quote user="The recurring 5 year plan"]Sounds like breakfast with a load of non-working and retired blanket wearers to me! lolHis team selections have been poor and we have lost more ground on the top 2 and 4 more games have passed. Whittaker in midfield was a shocking selection and he continues to select the defenders that have failed all season. It is my belief this is because they are Scottish internationals and he is aware of their standing as opposed to current form. In a season so important some serious questions needed asking, I would guess it was full of the blind support the lovely club at all times club. I can just imagine a valid question be shot down with "shut up comments" Why did he select Whittaker in midfield??? He is paid enough to not make such game losing decisions! [/quote]Nope, I had a day off work to come up and see my family. Howson was suspended. Tettey and O''Neil were injured. Whitaker was chosen there because he played central midfield in the Rangers team during their UEFA/Europa league run in 2008, when they reached the final.I knew that before attending the Q&A.Managers are paid to make decisions, and ultimately if they make too many bad ones, they get the chop. He admitted it didn''t work, but was keen to stress "with the players at my disposal". I''d be more concerned if after he reshapes the squad, he was still having those types of problems. The muppets argument was that he should have played either Wes or a youth team player instead, Alex Neil correctly pointing out that they''d be too lightweight.