Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

So team for Blackpool ?

Now window is shut time to focus on the job in hand of winning games and getting back in the play offs what will be your team for Blackpool, who are on a high after beating Brighton at weekend ? will Howson come straight in, what about the new guy ?, my choice;-

Ruddy

Martin, Cueller, Bassong, Garrido

Redmond, Tettey, Johnston, Olsson

Hooper, Jerome

Bench, Rudd, Turner, E Bennett, Howson, Andrieu, Grabban

I''m pretty certain that Andreu will play a part at some stage, though I''d be surprised if he starts.AN may try Olsson at LM, though, with people like Tettey and Howson now back he is more likely to go for the tried and trusted method , particularly at home v the bottom club.

River end canary wrote; Would like to see the new guy start so we can have the opportunity to boo him quickly.

I suppose we may get that chance if AN starts with 3 up front, and really goes for it, but who can we boo the manager for, if he sacrifices one of the old guard ???

[quote user="River End Canary"]Would like to see the new guy start so we can have the opportunity to boo him quickly[/quote]

That will depend if he perforns no better than Whittaker did and it''s blackpool so a big must win game by the Fans standards.

For me Howson & Tettey should start with a front 2, but I bet Neil will go 1 up top and 5 in midfield.

Martin, Turner, Bassong, Olsson

Tettey, Johnson

Redmond, Hoolahan, Andreu

Hooper

Harsh on Cameron, but its the team I''d like to see. Cameron would be needed anyway as Hoolahan would be bound to be subbed.

I saw us try Wes and Hooper at Preston. Never again! At least not for a while. Cameron (and indeed Grabban) can make the ball stick up there whereas Hooper can''t. Hooper needs powerful players around him to be at his best.

I''d have Andreu on the bench from the start and bring Howson back into the middle with Tettey, Johnno back out to the left midfield to counterbalance Redmond on the right. Hooper and Jerome should continue what they were doing well at, call it 1-1 or 2, I don''t care.

Bassong seems to have magically transformed the defence and we shouldn''t change that. I would consider Cuellar for Whittaker but despite the hate and poor form, i''d loathe to change a back 4 after a clean sheet. If Blackpool have a decent, pacy left winger then it needs to change then as Whitts has failed versus every left winger with a bit of pace he''s faced this season.

To Andreu or not Andreu - that is the question?    Start on the bench for me this week anyway.   Continue with a 4141 - cant see a change to the back 4 and assuming fitness all in order would go..

Ruddy

Whittaker  Martin Bassong  Olsson

Tettey

Redmond   Howson Wes  BJ

Jerome

Subs  Rudd, Cuellar, Garrido, Hooper,  Andreu, Grabban, Murphy

RuddyWhittaker - Martin - Bassong - OlssonHowson - Tettey - JohnsonRedmond - Jerome - MurphySubs: Rudd, Cuellar, Garrido, Andreu, Hoolahan, Hooper, Grabban

----------------------Ruddy-----------------------

Whittaker--Martin--Bassong--Olsson

----------------------Tettey-----------------------

Redmond--Howson--Andreu--Johnson

----------------------Jerome---------------------

Think that would fit with the system that AN played at Hamilton.

RuddyWhittaker   Martin   Bassong   Garrido                  Howson  Johnson E.Bennett         Andreu           Redmond                       JeromeThink E.Benno needs a run in his favoured position. Redmond is far better at cutting inside.Andreu appears to be a goalscoring midfielder ... we need goals ... play him.Plenty of options on the bench still with Wes, Murphy etc

I''m not a lover of 5 in midfield...we are at home and the players goo enough to play 4 in midfield. I would like to see the Hooper / jerome partnership back as it did look good over the Christmas period.

If we have a fit Johnson, Tettey , Howson set up it allows Olsson to get forward and with Redmond we have pace too.

Still it will be interesting to see Neil''s set up and team come Saturday. I''m sure he will be hoping for better tgan last time out at Carrow Road.

The sad fact is it doesnt really matter how we line up or which formation we play. If we do not pass well we could be looking at another shocker.Passing needs to be quick and accurate. We have players that are capable of that but for some reason have been largely unable to do so.

-----------------------Ruddy----------------------

Whittaker----Martin----Bassong----Olsson

-----------------------Tettey-----------------------

Redmond---Howson---Andreu---Johnson

----------------------Grabban--------------------

That''s how I''d line-up, perhaps put wes on for Andreu. Start with Grabban to get his confidence up.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 03/02/2015 12:11 PM:

Why do we need Dorrans?

AN says yes

Board says No

RuddyMartin   Bassong   Cuellar   Garrido               Tettey    Johnson   Redmond      Howson      Olsson                     Hooper

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

Idiots, none of you have picked 12 players, where''s our super scout when he''s needed.

[/quote]

Dont forget he will only put his team up after the match so he has the benefit of hindsight I mean his scouting activity

Newton wrote the following post at 03/02/2015 12:14 PM:

AN says yes

Board says No

------------------------------

How have the board said ''no'' when reports suggest olsson ''ruined'' the deal. In what way do you think this is the boards fault? Do you expect them to write his signature for him?

Saying that, personally I would rather we kept Olsson than got Dorrans, however, I guess we wouldn''t know what new LB we would''ve got in

4-2-3-1
Ruddy
Olsson
Bassong
Martin
Whittaker
Johnson
Tettey
Hoolahan
Howson
Redmond
Jerome or Grabban

GK. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Bassong

CB. Bennett (if fit)

RB. Martin

DM. Tettey

DM. Howson

LAM. Bradders

CAM. Hooper

RAM. Redmond

ST. Jerome

Rudd, Garrido, E Bennett, Hoolahan, Andreu, Murphy, Grabban

Reported to be like a mixture of Fabregas and Lampard, i.e a mincing,stomping,tiki-taka,ball belter.

Herman wrote the following post at 04/02/2015 7:57 PM:

Reported to be like a mixture of Fabregas and Lampard, i.e a mincing,stomping,tiki-taka,ball belter.

-------------------------------

Indeed :)

The £1m price seems like a good piece of business now if we''re getting the equivalent of lump lard and fabregas. ;)

This is it, trust me
__________Ruddy__________
Martin, Turner, Bassong, Olsson
_______Johnson, Tettey______
Redmond____Andreu,____Grabban
__________Jerome___________

I dont see the need to deviate from this?....

..........Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Redmond Howson Tettey Johnson

Jerome Hooper

a system which was working reasonably well until the recent spate of injuries and suspensions with Johnson doing a decent job down the left and chipping in with the odd goal and now with the bonus of Bassong in the back line.

I cant see how people are suggesting breaking up a fairly succesful partnership of Jerome and Hooper in favour of Grabban or a untested Andreu??!?

Would like to see this:

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson

Tettey

Andreu Howson

Bennett Jerome Redmond

AN favoured a similar system at Hamilton, would be good to see Howson and Andreu getting into goal scoring positions, with Jerome our best striker with his back to goal laying it off to them. Wes, Hooper, Grabban and Murphy all good impact subs. Could play another DM away from home (Johnson or O''Neill if fit).