Sign in to follow this  
Buh

The excuse if we beat Blackpool

As we''ve seen with our recent big wins at home winning is clearly not enough so if we beat Blackpool Saturday can we decide on the excuse why we beat them now so we are all singing (or not singing as the case will probably be) off the same hymn sheet

Now, the obvious "they are down at the bottom of the table" is there but come on you miserable idiots! We can do better than that! Let''s get creative!!

I propose a "we didn''t beat them by as much as x" excuse, probably Watford. So even though the game we are comparing happened in a completely different space and time we can draw direct comparison between us and "team x"

We can then wallow in a deep pit of despair that we aren''t Watford or Derby or whatever

Lose or draw and disregard this. Proceed to go nuclear booing at your radio like you would normally

The excuse is "anyone can beat anyone on their day, such a tough league is the championship"

However, we can''t and don''t think we will do anything other than win, Whittaker to score the decisive goal !!

On the flip if we do lose what''s the excuse going to be?

It makes me laugh....in one thread you moan about the negative fans then you poke the board before a ball is kicked to start another negative thread trying to get the fans on here fighting again......I''m starting to work your agenda out....you''re just a troll.

I have never moaned when we''ve won. I''d take 1-0 on Saturday.

The problem for me is our inconsistency. To be where we need to be, we need more than wins against Blackpool, Huddersfield and Millwall, we need results in just about every game. This isn''t the premiership where we can get away with a few bad runs and still meet our objectives. We are one of the most expensive sides in the league and therefore need to perform to that standard consistently. There is no point thrashing a side one week and then getting beat the next week.

[quote user="Indy"]On the flip if we do lose what''s the excuse going to be?

It makes me laugh....in one thread you moan about the negative fans then you poke the board before a ball is kicked to start another negative thread trying to get the fans on here fighting again......I''m starting to work your agenda out....you''re just a troll.[/quote]

Too right!

The thing is, if you win 5-0 every other week and lose 1-0 the other weeks, you aren''t going to even make the playoffs.

I''d far rather we just found some consistency and if that means narrow 1-0 wins, i''d take 1-0, 1-0, 1-1 over 5-0, 5-0, 0-1 any day of the week.

Yeah, I''m a massive troll because I tell the truth. Some of you don''t like your reflection.

Win, lose or draw there is no version of the Blackpool game where we are victorious. If we win, we will have won in the wrong way, and that''s the problem personified...so thought I''d bring it up nice and early in advance so I can bring it up after the game.

Your just a wind-up merchant, always have been and always will be!

The excuse if we LOSE will be "Blackpool''s on the up and it''s certainly NOT the super board" which has 3 members that know F.A about football (fry admitted so and if you suggest Dee-Dee and Mr Dee-Dee do then it shows just how deluded you are buh-mkin

I get what Buh is trying to suggest, it always amazes me when people come in here looking for reasons why we have won rather than just enjoying 3 valuable points, think it''s called sarcasm.....

On your point though Maccy that works both ways, Mike Ashley is a great example of an owner who wants to interfere, as is Vincent Tan and look at what has happened to Cardiff. It''s a fine line between an owner who doesn''t understand but is prepared to back the club and an owner that wants to be heavily involved.

I''m sure Sheikh money bags at Man City doesn''t really understand football, he''s probsbly just a fan as is Mr Fry, Delia and MWJ.

What we need to ensure is that the chief exec does understand and is given permission to do his job without interferences!?

I am puzzled as to why you felt the need to post this?

Other than perhaps drawing attention to yourself........a genuinely strange OP.....

It won''t be strange on Saturday afternoon if we''ve gone and won 10-0 the wrong way again

"Pff 35 yard free kick curled into the top corner, come and talk to me 45 yards... This club is a laughing stock with our 35 yard free kicks... Oh if only we were Derby, everything would be brilliant if we were only Derby"

Have we come up with an excuse yet!?

Great win with some great skill shown OTBC!!!

No excuses needed - Blackpool were basically a pub team and any professional team should have been able to beat that rabble at least 5-0.  We managed 4-0 which is barely acceptable but I''ll take it in the current climate.
However, even though we "won" 4-0 I note that we have had 18 shots and 11 shots on target - why was it only 4-0?
If Becchio had played today we would have won 13-0. FACT.

We may have "won"

But what do the stats say?

That''s what really counts. Search those stats for a weakness! Hack the boneeee!!!

A joy listening to you on Canary Call. Pity about RVW. However you are really a miserable g*t.

I wouldn''t ever go on Canary call

I''m pretty sure my high IQ would damage the switchboard equipment