Sign in to follow this  
The Bristol Nest

Match Thread v Blackpool

City (4-2-3-1): Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Howson, Johnson; Redmond, Hooper, Hoolahan; Grabban. Unused subs: Rudd (GK), Turner, Jerome, Andreu, Garrido, Murphy, Tettey.

Why would you drop your top goal scorer? Disappointed to not see Martin at RB but b good to see Hoolahan back in the squad. To me looks like too much tinkering but hopefully AN can prove me wrong...

Either Jermone''s not fit (and wouldn''t make squad) or he''s fit, and as top scorer should be playing.Don''t tell me Grabban''s AN''s new favourite, and he prefers him to Jerome?

Gordon Bennett wrote the following post at 07/02/2015 2:37 PM:Why can a player not be fit enough for 20-30 mins but not a whole game?

-----------------------------------------

Because you get more out of breath running a marathon than running the 200m at the same speed. I think that''s the best analogy I can give you.

Norwich City (4-2-3-1): Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Howson, Johnson; Redmond, Hooper, Hoolahan; Grabban.Subs: Rudd (GK), Turner, Jerome, Andreu, Garrido, Murphy, Tettey.Blackpool (TBC): Parish, McMahon, Clarke, O''Dea, Dunne, Perkins, O''Hara, Waddington, Orlandi, Cameron, Davies. Subs: Boney (GK), Aldred, Maher, Ferguson, Rothwell, Delfouneso, Telford.

Referee: Simon Hooper

For me his injury isn''t enough to stop him training or playing completely but needs to be treated with caution. He is obviously on the bench because he is our top scorer and an extremely valuable member of the squad and fit enough to play a cameo if needed.

Hoping Tettey being rested ahead of harder games rather than the Howson/Johnson combo being Neil''s preferred spine. It will be good enough today hopefully but I hope it won''t be a regular thing.