Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Grabban

Top performance as a lone strike man, thought he deserved a specific mention.

High pressing started with him, and his workrate alone created opportunities for the midfield to find spaces. Linked up well too, deserved a goal to round off his day.

Think he has been harshly treated by fans this season.

I''ve been saying this since day one.Was chuffed for him today. I was surprised he was subbed off to be honest.I agree with AN in that I felt he was very much at the heart of everything good about us today. In fact, goals aside, I thought he had more influence on the game than Hooper, who I felt went off the boil second half really. Especially after Grabban went off.Grabban looks the quickest of our strikers as well.As others have said, maybe not the goals in him that Jerome has, but if he had someone putting them on a plate for him like Hooper today, I''m sure he''d score more.

[quote user="alartz"]Don''t know what people watch sometimes.

Grabban is poor and jerome is by far the better striker.

Full marks to hooper today[/quote]Is this one of those Specsaver adverts?

Yes Hooper was superb today but Grabban had a good game, he worked hard for the team, made runs to create space and was selfless today.

Hooper put the ball in the back of the net but Grabban worked just as hard as Hooper did and deserves some credit.

For me, Wes was brilliant today, pulled the strings superbly

In this high-pressing system that Neil wants to introduce, it''s vital that the striker begins the pressing and encourages his teammates to also press high by following his lead. Grabban did this excellently. 
His movement, particularity his runs in behind the defence (often starting central and ending wide), were perfect and forced the Blackpool defensive line back creating more space for Hoolahan, Redmond and Hooper to operate in between the lines. 
The only thing missing was a goal but he looked so comfortable in this system that I can''t see it being too long before he starts to hit form again.
Also, Howson looked excellent in his new box-to-box role. Great use of his mobility and energy and ability to drive up the pitch. Some excellent late runs provided good support to the attacking trio behind the lone striker.

Are you lot for real? What game were you watching?!

He had a stinker, missed an absolute sitter right in front of us in the lower Barclay and after that his decision making was apalling, generally shooting when passing to team mates was by far the better option.

Bournemouth must be the only ones pleased with his performances recently after ''grabban'' the cash and buying a much better replacement in Wilson from Coventry.

The sooner Jerome starts again the better.

Rich T asks about today''s missed chances and I can only recall one that could be described as glaring but I do think Tony Cottee is referring to the season as a whole.

I was thoroughly impressed by Grabban''s performance today and had to concede that my past criticism needed to be withdrawn. If he can continue to give us what he did today, I would have to support his inclusion in the team, for what he does for the team. I would however, have to accept that frustration levels would be high at times because of his woeful goals:chances ratio.

"Can''t remember seeing any striker miss as many clear cut chances as Grabban. Inexcusable."

Wolfy missed his fair share. I reckon he must have missed at least 3 or 4 tap ins from 6 yards or less, with an empty net in front of him last season.

Grabban reminds me of Earnshaw. He missed an absolute boatload every game, for every one he scored, he would miss 3 or 4 clear chances.... but Earnshaw never seemed to lack confidence (which Grabban seems to be at the moment).

I don''t really understand the Grabban dissing this season.  He showed his qualities in the first few games, scored plenty too, proved then that he causes problems to defences with his movement and pace.  That doesn''t just go away. He may have lost form/confidence for a while and maybe misses a few chances - but Jerome has missed plenty of clear cut chances too.  If he is back to his best, I think that is great and will give us a much better chance of challenging the top of the table.   With Hooper, Grabban and Jerome firing on all cylinders, whichever is on the pitch, then we will do ok.

Kick it off''s comparison of Grabban with Earnshaw is good as far as conversion ratio is concerned but Grabban gives much more to the team in other respects. Today, his runs, his pace and control, all were a handful for their defence, as a one up front he was excellent.

For those who diss Grabban, why do you think Bournemouth wanted to resign him this window ? imo it was to strengthen their chance of getting an automatic spot, His work rate was excellent today as usually is, yes he needs goals and ultimately that is how he is judged.

If he only scores in one more game this season let it be the binders, in the meantime let him run and run and stuff will happen.

I''m not knocking Grabban but to compare him to Earnshaw as a goal scorer is nonsensical.

Grabban has had one decent goal scoring season in his entire career to date. Earnshaw had a decent hols goal scoring season almost every season of his career.

Grabban is a good player outside the box and Earnshaw didn''t really give you much there.