Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Come in Number 49

Did anyone else on here notice that when Leon went off on Saturday and Shaks on Tuesday with blood on their shirts they both came back on with new shirts with the number 49 on the back.

Just wondered what on earth made us pick that number for the blood replacement shirt?

Maybe someone at Norwich secretly supports the San Fransisco 49''ers.

[quote]The "blood shirt" has been used twice in two games, don''t remember seeing it very often last season. More proof (if it were needed) that we''re in the physical league now.[/quote]

And for once it wasnt Doc clattering his own team mates!

OTBC

[quote]How many players did Donkerty injure last season? I know he put Helveg out for a few games with concussion.[/quote]

probably all of them, and probably some supporters aswell

probably pushed leon into francis to give him the broekn cheek

Last season when Shacks nose bleeding in the MU game home win, he got the number 50 shirt, did anyone remember?

[quote]How many players did Donkerty injure last season? I know he put Helveg out for a few games with concussion.[/quote]

Did he also stand on a player down at the barclay end - maybe safri and put him out for a game or so?

OTBC

Flem took the #23 shirt in the Dereham pre-season match after he broke his nose.

I actually find it more telling that they bring only one shirt for player to each match, I mean surely it can''t be that hard to recognise the player and get him another one of his shirts so it must be they bring only one per player. This shows us to be a small club compared to say ManU where I remember once hearing that they changed the entire teams shirts to another colour at half-time because they were wearing a grey/pale blue and Fergie reconned they they had trouble seeing each other so made them change at half-time.

[quote]Flem took the #23 shirt in the Dereham pre-season match after he broke his nose. I actually find it more telling that they bring only one shirt for player to each match, I mean surely it can''t be tha...[/quote]

I think we probably do have more than one shirt per player, but suspect we keep the 49 shirt handy on the bench to save having to go back to the dressing room, find the right players shirt etc etc which would take a fair bit longer than just putting on the 49 shirt.

I''m pretty sure that there is a complete set of spare shirts back in the dressing room (long and short sleeved perhaps?), but the reason for the high numbered shirts is pretty obvious - Neal Reynolds has a couple of shirts in his magic bag so players can pull one off and put the other on....it would save someone having to run off down the tunnel to find their other shirt which is wasting time when he can be on the pitch - imagine someone gets a blood injury over on the Jarrold side....the shirt would have to taken around the pitchside whilst play is going on and we are a man down! Clearly it''s better to have 11 men on the pitch for more of the time.