Sign in to follow this  
Reggie Strayshun

Andreu

Friend of mine, Millwall fan, says Grabban is all about confidence (or lack of) and needs a run in the team and the fans to be behind him to be fully successful.  Sounds about right to me.  

Reading his piece on the Pinkun home page today gives me a positive sense of this bloke. His attitude sounds bang on, pleased to be at Norwich. Our previous French players have been a mixed bag...Brellier, poor, Libbra a bright spark that went out. Cannot think of other. Apart from Louis Jean, who we never saw. So, come on Andreu, be the next Wes!

[quote user="sonyc"]Reading his piece on the Pinkun home page today gives me a positive sense of this bloke. His attitude sounds bang on, pleased to be at Norwich. Our previous French players have been a mixed bag...Brellier, poor, Libbra a bright spark that went out. Cannot think of other. Apart from Louis Jean, who we never saw. So, come on Andreu, be the next Wes![/quote]

Cedric Anselin, how can you forget?

If at first you don''t succeed.....
90:00+2:08

Attempt saved. Tony Andreu (Norwich City) right footed shot from the right side of the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Jonny Howson.

90:00+1:18

Attempt saved. Tony Andreu (Norwich City) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Nathan Redmond.

89:48

Attempt saved. Tony Andreu (Norwich City) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top left corner.

industrious and prepared to shoot. didnt look better than we have but certainly didnt look out of place

encouraging debut

He was busy and did ok.

We lost the tempo and control when Wes left the pitch but to be rain to Andreu like others have said he didn''t look out of place.

After my post earlier about Grabban I kind of ate my words today, he looked right up for it today.

Lessingham Canary wrote the following post at 07/02/2015 10:27 PM:

he did alright, give him 2 or 3 more games and he should fit in well, be interesting to see how he would fit though if Dorrans comes on loan.

LC agree with your post

Only on the pitch for 15 mins - harried, closed down & chased from the start

While Hooly did the same and had a good game, Andreu probable had 4 shots plus in that 15 mins which was 4 more than Holly had in the previous 75 mins - interesting ?

Agree with your last sentence Newton. Wes is one of my favourites over the last 5 years but he doesn''t quite get involved enough with getting shots away. So Andreu is an interesting proposition. I can see him as a direct replacement within a year. Who knows what AN thinks but we will get some glimpses soon enough. Think the team forthe next game will be the same though.

I watched him intently and would agree with the above, certainly didn''t look out of place, and showed quick feet on a couple of occasions. 
Will be interesting to see what he can do in a longer stint.
Also it was very encouraging to hear the guy get a very positive welcome.

I thought he looked neat and tidy yesterday, and good to see he managed three shots on target in his short time on the pitch.Neat interchanging of passing, but for me, the most important thing, was he didn''t look in any way out of place, he fitted in seamlessly.I look forward to seeing more of him.

Whilst I don''t agree with the guy on Canarycall last night who said it was a cr@p performance because we did not beat a poor Blackpool side 10-0, I suppose we do have to reserve judgement. That said, in the short time we saw TA, albeit against limited opposition he looked neat and tidy on the ball, quick to spot a pass and not afraid to have pop.Grabban had an excellent game, in my opinion. The only thing lacking was a goal, and if he keeps that level of performance up, they will comeI''m kind of assuming that both Charlton and Wolves will provide a sterner test for the defence, and let''s hope that Bassong''s injury is not as bad as it looked on the pitch yesterday ?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]I think on the radio they said something like 16 or 17 games ago, something like that although I may have misheard[/quote]Yeah, I knew it was a while.If he puts the graft in, and the goals come from midfield, all well and good. But you have to have mobile midfielders who can break through and go beyond the lone striker.[/quote]To be fair, up until the Brum game last week, I had looked at the stats and when you considered starts rather than substitute appearances, Grabban actually only had a handful more than Hooper. No more than five, and at that point a goal more.So it''s very easy to say he hadn''t scored in the last 16/17, but how many did he start or play more than say 20mins - very few I would guess.It''s really easy to compare like for like because you take stats into isolation. What you really need to look at is which striker partnership works the best, in isolation, and then things like the win/goal ratios for the team when those strike partnerships play.I''m not sure that Grabban has played that many games with Jerome, and it seems only recently that he has done with Hooper.

[quote user="chicken"]To be fair, up until the Brum game last week, I had looked at the stats and when you considered starts rather than substitute appearances, Grabban actually only had a handful more than Hooper. No more than five, and at that point a goal more.So it''s very easy to say he hadn''t scored in the last 16/17, but how many did he start or play more than say 20mins - very few I would guess.[/quote]Precisely the point I was making in the early part of this thread.You cannot score if you are not playing !