Sign in to follow this  
thas norfolk

redmond free kick

on radio Norfolk in my ear piece while watching the game they said Redmond had got a knock last 20 mins? ... as a few times there were chancing he could have done the defender for pace but he just slowed up (maybe just saving energy for Tuesday? )

I don''t doubt that Redmond can take a good corner on the training ground, why the hell isn''t he at Carrow road a few times a week to practice with the advertising boards restricting his run up, it''s getting beyond a joke and a complete waste of set pieces

I do think our set pieces need to be improved - but not just his taking of them.I had a very good view of those in the second half. They were not poor. What was poor is our attacking players all ran at the sam time and too early. The balls were good, but looked like they were behind the attackers and yet they were exactly at the right height and where you want them - along the 6yard line.Also, in the first half, i seem to remember Turner getting his head to one that ended in a bit of a goal mouth scramble.So for me, whilst it is easy to blame Redmond, actually, the entire set piece needs to be better.

Gary O''neil is the best corner taker that I''ve seen this season in my opinion, very consistent quality and varied delivery.

[quote user="daz"]on radio Norfolk in my ear piece while watching the game they said Redmond had got a knock last 20 mins? ... as a few times there were chancing he could have done the defender for pace but he just slowed up (maybe just saving energy for Tuesday? )[/quote]Redmond doesn''t have raw pace. Over 10 yards from a standing start he is awesome but in a foot race he doesn''t have the speed to go past too many people unlike Grabban or Murphy. That''s why he prefers to slow the ball down when looking to take on the full back.Great freekick yesterday.

Great free kick, but there were at least 4 corners/deliveries that did not get past the first defender.

I always say that it is not up to the taker, to get the money shot. It is impossible for a corner taker to be totally responsible for any goal that may come from such a position. It is just impossible, with all the variables to take into account.

A corner taker should know where to deliver the ball to, and then it is up to the rest of the attackers to exploit that. A percentage ball, if you like.

Watched the goals again on the FL show this morning and the goal was something else, pleased for the lad

I actually think it was one of the best goals scored by us from a free kick that I''ve ever seen. Pace, swerve and pinpoint accuracy. Keep it up Nathan.