Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Canary call......time to switch off?

After the Laurel & Hardy show on Saturday does anyone out there enjoy listing to one Rob Butler. So fond of the sound of his own voice. His constant ramblings as Bassong made his way to his car was the all time low point. Does he have a producer , if so he should teach him when to speak, and when to listen.

Always seems ready to pick a fight with those who have a different opinion to his.....which means almost everyone.

Just prove how brilliant Neil Adams was in that role.

The Bassong dialogue took us all the way from County Hall, including sitting in the queue to get out, to past what I still call "Gunny''s House" on the A146 (near Highway Garden Centre). I do wonder if they either had no callers, or some technical issue with the lines as even though I know Rob likes his own voice this took it to a new extreme.

It''s time to turn off but not because of rob butler

Idiots used to ring in with stupid opinions long before he turned up

He''s not even close

Sick of the misinformed, predjudiced and overwealmingly negative sect of "Canary callers"

[quote user="Buh"]He''s not even close

Sick of the misinformed, predjudiced and overwealmingly negative sect of "Canary callers"[/quote]Not for the first time, Buh spectacularly misses the point.Is that not the idea of phone-ins in general, Buh.? For people with a variety of opinions, some wild, some wacky ,to come on air and put them forward. Would it not be very dull if everyone said the same thing ? Certainly would be if they were ALL of the same mindset as you, Buh. Yes, there are some negative callers on CC. But there are also some very positive ones too.I''d agree that Butler himself brings little or nothing to the party, and would hope that RN would be looking for a new presenter to freshen things up in the near future.

[quote user="morty"]No, Buh doesn''t miss the point at all.The show is cringeworthy and embarrassing. [/quote]Well why do you listen to it ?As the OP says, there''s always the "off" button........

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]No, Buh doesn''t miss the point at all.The show is cringeworthy and embarrassing. [/quote]Well why do you listen to it ?As the OP says, there''s always the "off" button........[/quote]I don''t.I might catch a bit of it on the odd occasion I''m in someones car, but thats it. It epitomises the acronym "NFN"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]No, Buh doesn''t miss the point at all.The show is cringeworthy and embarrassing. [/quote]Well why do you listen to it ?As the OP says, there''s always the "off" button........[/quote]I don''t.I might catch a bit of it on the odd occasion I''m in someones car, but thats it. It epitomises the acronym "NFN"[/quote]So, by your own admission,from such a tiny sample/experience you''ve decided it''s cringeworthy and embarrassing.Good to see you are coming at this with your usual open minded, well informed angle, Morty.......

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]No, Buh doesn''t miss the point at all.The show is cringeworthy and embarrassing. [/quote]Well why do you listen to it ?As the OP says, there''s always the "off" button........[/quote]I don''t.I might catch a bit of it on the odd occasion I''m in someones car, but thats it. It epitomises the acronym "NFN"[/quote]So, by your own admission,from such a tiny sample/experience you''ve decided it''s cringeworthy and embarrassing.Good to see you are coming at this with your usual open minded, well informed angle, Morty.......[/quote]Yes I have.Good to see you look like a man just trying to pick an argument....

Was listening to the local BBC radio after the Bournemouth away game. They had a few people call in, was just the same as Canary Call with those "watching" on the wireless going on about how Bournemouth will end up out of the playoff, could be relegated etc. after one defeat to 10 men.

Ummm I''d say I''m pretty bang on in my assessment of Canary call.

Does butler bait the audience for reaction? Yes, and the more simple minded ones bite.

But how can he compete with a show that once had someone call in to complain about a individual players performance (Andrew crofts) who it was revealed didn''t even play the game in question and the caller had fallen asleep in his shed during the commentary and STILL felt the need to ring in!

I have phoned up a couple of times this season after unnecessary defeats I am regularly applauded afterwards for my contribution by those who know me.

I find the level of debate and contribution as well as entertainment growing as the season is progressing. Just because someone has a differing opinion to you doesn''s make them an idiot.

Baaaa Baaa

There seems to be lots of anger about specifically about this weeks episode. Was it especially bad? I didn''t hear it but someone said some old boy started talking about digging up a road?

I quite like Butler.
And to answer your question Buh, callers were kicking off at Butler and Forbes for being happy and optimistic after a 4-0 win. Apparently, according to lots of fans, you''re not allowed to, because it''s only the next game that counts, or something like that.

Not a new thing

I remember the first caller after we beat Man City away and finished 11th in the premier league.

He was furious

The show should be viewed as comedy only.

[quote user="Buh"]Ummm I''d say I''m pretty bang on in my assessment of Canary call.

Does butler bait the audience for reaction? Yes, and the more simple minded ones bite.

But how can he compete with a show that once had someone call in to complain about a individual players performance (Andrew crofts) who it was revealed didn''t even play the game in question and the caller had fallen asleep in his shed during the commentary and STILL felt the need to ring in![/quote][Y]Can''t work out why people are disagreeing with you at the moment Buh, you seem to make the most sense out of everyone else posting here.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Buh"]The show should be viewed as comedy only.[/quote]I found Saturdays edition of the show hillarious and brilliant. I laughed all the way along Plumstead Road while stuck in traffic.I don''t know why people take it so seriously.

[/quote]The reason that it is so cringeworthy though is the fact that people who ring in are deadly serious in what they are saying.Theres only so many times you can laugh at Olympic grade stupidity.

It''s like watchin David Brent do the dance in the office

Hilarious but horrendous all at once.

But as was said, every local radio station has a carrot call equivalent which is almost a heartening thought to know we aren''t alone.

It''s hard, it''s ridiculous but endless calls about Cody McDonald and "whaaaas gorn orn in TRAYNUN neyull!" Have entered NCFC folklore so it does serve a purpose I suppose, just not the purpose it is supposed to serve...

There''s nothing wrong with it.

Some of the people are stupid. Some of them moan.

However, some of it is occasionally interesting and some callers are good, and frankly Saturday''s was hilarious.

Some people need to remove their heads from their a rse and just treat it as comic relief.

I will be completely honest, I have, in person and over Twitter, had several "debates" with rob but he is a good guy really. Some of the Canary calls are very strung out and struggle to be entertaining. I think this is down to it being a bbc product, rules have to be followed. If you met with rob down the pub, discussed the same subjects Iover a pint, it would be a lot more entertaining.

What is a pile of piss though is the scrimmage! The God awful puns that the so called "expert" Chris goreham roles off his script is embarrassing.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Buh"]The show should be viewed as comedy only.[/quote]I found Saturdays edition of the show hillarious and brilliant. I laughed all the way along Plumstead Road while stuck in traffic.I don''t know why people take it so seriously.

[/quote]The reason that it is so cringeworthy though is the fact that people who ring in are deadly serious in what they are saying.Theres only so many times you can laugh at Olympic grade stupidity.[/quote]But I thought that you said you did not listen to it Morty......And to accuse me of ''just trying to pick an argument''.  Kettle. Pan. Black.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Buh"]The show should be viewed as comedy only.[/quote]I found Saturdays edition of the show hillarious and brilliant. I laughed all the way along Plumstead Road while stuck in traffic.I don''t know why people take it so seriously.

[/quote]The reason that it is so cringeworthy though is the fact that people who ring in are deadly serious in what they are saying.Theres only so many times you can laugh at Olympic grade stupidity.[/quote]But I thought that you said you did not listen to it Morty......And to accuse me of ''just trying to pick an argument''.  Kettle. Pan. Black.[/quote]And I said I don''t tune in intentionally, but occasionally catch it "by accident"Jeez.

im sorry but this weeks was probably one of the all time golden episodes, had me in fits of laughterbutler does a good job, however they could probably do with freshening it up a bit and binning the likes of forbes who are far too involved in the club to give anything that resembles an impartial opinion. but there does seem to be a high number of callers that get on which tend to suggest most of norfolk are seriously lacking in academic capacity, maybe a slightly higher level of vetting before theyre allowed on would be a wiser idea.

[quote user="iron_stan"]im sorry but this weeks was probably one of the all time golden episodes, had me in fits of laughterbutler does a good job, however they could probably do with freshening it up a bit and binning the likes of forbes who are far too involved in the club to give anything that resembles an impartial opinion. but there does seem to be a high number of callers that get on which tend to suggest most of norfolk are seriously lacking in academic capacity, maybe a slightly higher level of vetting before theyre allowed on would be a wiser idea.

[/quote]

It''s very ridged as the bbc dictate what the show should be like. The best thing someone can do is to do their own podcast version which allows people to share their non-censored opinion.