Sign in to follow this  
daz

TETTEY

saying why he cant play 3 times a week (due to knee injury) also seems to be a bit tactical too....

"The other reasons I cannot say. That''s just between the manager and me," he said.

"The gaffer spoke to me and I accepted it and there is a game on Tuesday, so we will see."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31305882

Not at all surprised that he didn''t start Saturday as we were at home to a poor side, but I think he will this evening. Perfect player to bring in for away games IMO, a great shield to the back four and that is something we shouldn''t need at home unless its from the bench to close a game out. Howson, Johnson, O''Neill & VOO all offer more going forward....its about getting the balance right for each game which for me means AT will be in and out of the side.

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Not at all surprised that he didn''t start Saturday as we were at home to a poor side, but I think he will this evening. Perfect player to bring in for away games IMO, a great shield to the back four and that is something we shouldn''t need at home unless its from the bench to close a game out. Howson, Johnson, O''Neill & VOO all offer more going forward....its about getting the balance right for each game which for me means AT will be in and out of the side.[/quote]I agree, and I''d bring Tettey in for Hoolahan tonight.

Good see players slowly coming back into the fold after injury, VOO got an entire 90 under his belt in the under 21 yesterday so can only be a week or two off now.

I agree that we need to dominate the midfield, I''d have Tetty back in to just give Howson a bit more freedom going forward, a few more defence splitting passes like Saturday for Hooper and Grabban would be great. I''d use Wes as a sub if we need someone to come on later and mix it up abit if we haven''t managed to break them down

It''s a huge shame that it appears he''ll always be someone managing an injury. In a role limited purely to screening and breaking up play, occasionally driving forward into space, in a midfield surrounded by creative players I think he''s absolutely superb, he get''s found out a bit in a midfield two alongside another DM because he''s not a complete player but when fit he''s a massive asset to us and I''d agree I''d play him tonight, yesterday''s line up for most home games, move Howson into Hoolahan''s position with Johnson alongside Tettey for most away games

interesting that some see Hoolahan as the one to be replaced. After he was subbed on Saturday, I thought we lost our ''zip'' and vitality going forward.  Agreed, Howson''s passing was great and we need Johnson and Redmond in the midfield too, and I''m not sure Wes, Hooper and Grabban or Jerome is the right set up away from home.

[quote user="Woodman"]interesting that some see Hoolahan as the one to be replaced. After he was subbed on Saturday, I thought we lost our ''zip'' and vitality going forward.  Agreed, Howson''s passing was great and we need Johnson and Redmond in the midfield too, and I''m not sure Wes, Hooper and Grabban or Jerome is the right set up away from home.[/quote]Or was it that the game was already won, and we naturally took our foot off the gas a bit? Or that, indeed, the change was designed to actually do that?

With the whole Tettey issue, the only player (other than O''Neil and his broken foot) that can sit deep for us and win the 50/50''s is Johnson. I think because of that, we should give Johnson a rest tonight, keep Wes in while his confidence is up and keep the same shape as Saturday.