Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Time to tear Charlton a new one

Remember last time out, we had 30+ shots and they had that 1 shot near the end that deflected in? Has anyone ever seen such a 1 sided game go that way?

I feel we should take a leaf out of Suarez book for this one.

His first game against us, Liverpool drew 1-1 (Holts legendary header) and they absolutely annihilated us! Suarez hit the woodwork 3 times that day and Ruddy made one of the best saves ever in the dying moments. I bet he pent up that anger from that game and we don''t need to explain the rest. We need to make Charlton pay for being so lucky against us and hammer them.

Thankfully we didnt go to all guns blazing in the 2nd half vs Blackpool. Saved the energy for Charlton where as Charlton had a tough defeat 3-1 away to Boro. Hopefully plays into our hands. For me same again barring Turner in for Bassong whos injured and Jerome back for Grabban if fit enough.

Yes please. My first away game of the season... A clean sheet and another 4 goals please. On a serious note, I can see a win but won''t be as easy as we hope.

[quote user="nu_matik"]Yes please. My first away game of the season... A clean sheet and another 4 goals please. On a serious note, I can see a win but won''t be as easy as we hope.[/quote]

You don''t want much ( lol )

The bookies all have us as an odds-on shot so maybe it''ll be alright on the night..

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Liverpool drew 1-1 (Holts legendary header) and they absolutely annihilated us! [/quote]I think you need to watch that game again. We had lots of chances in that game to win it and certainly weren''t annihilated (unlike in every other game Suarez featured, bar the last)

Yeah I bet Suarez couldn''t stop thinking about Norwich.

In fact I bet he''s currently sitting somewhere in Barcelona thinking to himself "remember that time we drew with Norwich".

Apparently after the disastrous day he put a poster of Grant Holt up in his locker for a daily motivation boost.

I''d take a scrappy but spirited 1-0... Not as romantic but if results go our way we could find ourselves edging back into the promotion picture.

[quote user="STAN"]Yeah I bet Suarez couldn''t stop thinking about Norwich.

In fact I bet he''s currently sitting somewhere in Barcelona thinking to himself "remember that time we drew with Norwich".

Apparently after the disastrous day he put a poster of Grant Holt up in his locker for a daily motivation boost.[/quote]

You know what, I wouldn''t put it past him!

He spent his entire first season hitting the post more than he scored though, it wasn''t just us he was unlucky against. I think it was the culmination of all them games that drove him on to be better.