Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Jamar Loza

Looks like a tough break for him really. He really needs to get going and scoring more goals somewhere in league football or else he''ll become another promising youngster that couldn''t make the jump up to mens football.

Hes at an age now where he needs to go to a club probably at league 2 level and play 20+ games and see what he can do. Cant keep going out and playing the odd game here and there.

[quote user="kantata soul"]I could never understand why people were raving about him.[/quote]He scored some great goals when part of the youth set up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="kantata soul"]I could never understand why people were raving about him.[/quote]He scored some great goals when part of the youth set up.[/quote]That might be true, but some people were touting him for a first team start. He''s not really shown enough to warrant that in my opinion.

He''s played 4 games for a poor team whose top scorer has 3 goals and the team has scored the fewest goals in the division.

This tells me there is more a problem of supply than finishing!

Oh and i believe he is only 20?

Clearly not good enough and finished as a footballer!

Sorry but i prefer to reserve judgement until the guy gets a real chance and plays for longer than a handful of games.

[quote user="kantata soul"][quote user="morty"][quote user="kantata soul"]I could never understand why people were raving about him.[/quote]He scored some great goals when part of the youth set up.[/quote]That might be true, but some people were touting him for a first team start. He''s not really shown enough to warrant that in my opinion.[/quote]

Agree[Y]Maybe we shouldn''t be writing him off just yet though?

I think we should definitely write him off, clearly absolute rubbish.

I rmeber thinking the same about that young bloke we had on loan. Can''t recall his name now, thing it was Kane or something.?!? I was bloody pleased when we sent him packing back to Spurs.

Wonder whatever became of him!!!!!

;)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="kantata soul"][quote user="morty"][quote user="kantata soul"]I could never understand why people were raving about him.[/quote]He scored some great goals when part of the youth set up.[/quote]That might be true, but some people were touting him for a first team start. He''s not really shown enough to warrant that in my opinion.[/quote]

Agree[Y]Maybe we shouldn''t be writing him off just yet though?[/quote]Too soon. Look at the abuse Harry Kane got from the football experts on here when he was at Norwich on loan.

Well...I didn''t write off Kane. And although I don''t really like the "write off" term but I don''t see Loza making it. Or at least not at Norwich and not at this level. Lower leagues maybe.

I know people say players develop at different rates etc but you''ve still got to draw the line somewhere eventually - for the sake of club and player.

Look at Redmond, he''s only 2 months older than Loza but he is clearly a long, long way ahead.

Go back to Chris Martin, I thought it was obvious with him before he''d even really broken through that he had something. Is that there with Loza? I don''t think so.

Showed some promise against Arsenal last season, here''s hoping it wasn''t a false dawn.Feel as if he''s going down a similar route as to that of Luke Daley (who incidentally also made his mark against Arsenal, albeit against their reserves).

[quote user="Rivvo"]Didn''t Daley have to suffer and recover from a horrendous leg injury though?[/quote]Yes it seems you''re right, a thigh injury. Have to admit, i had completely forgotten that detail.I wonder what Daley would have done had he not suffered such a horrendus injury? I guess we only need sit back and watch. [;)]

He''s only 20 FFS! No he won''t be a Premiership footballer and I doubt he''ll make it here but I think he''s got the attributes to make it in the football league. For me his biggest problem is a lack of composure and decision making, I''ve seen him a lot for the reserves and watched him on loan, he''s definitely got the ability but he needs to play regularly at any level for a couple of years before he''ll mature.

I think he needs a loan to the conference or lower next year to gain some confidence and to mature in a low pressure environment. We need to start making some money off our young players if we''re to continue to afford a Cat A academy, given a couple of years at lower levels we could easily see him go for 200k or so. If we do end up stuck in the Championship for a few years though (Although I doubt we will under Neil) He''d be great to have in reserve as cover for a number of attacking positions

I''m going to bite at some of these Kane comments, even if it''s a bit off-topic.

Not defending the moaners who said he was truly dreadful as he did show a bit of class especially against Man City where he started the game.

But I don''t think anyone can argue that he was in general very poor for us and terminating his loan was without doubt the correct choice for both parties. Maybe if he had scored that sitter he had against (i can''t remember who) he would have found confidence and been more successful for us, but we will never know.

I will still be very interested to see how he does next season. Reminds me a bit of Benteke, who now I can''t see anyone paying over £10m for after fees closer to £30 were being thrown around a year ago. I would love Kane to be that big center forward England have been looking for since shearer though!

Back to Loza, I have seen him play one first team game and can''t comment. At 20 though he does need to be in and around a first team.

I thought Kane wasn''t given enough of a chance. It was West Ham he had that chance against and in the same game, he hit a very nice shot that brought a good save from Jaaskelainen who I think was in goal that day.

His injury was what brought an end to the spell here. He''d proven in the championship he knew where the goal was already, so I was sad to see he didn''t get another chance to show his stuff.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I''m going to bite at some of these Kane comments, even if it''s a bit off-topic.

Not defending the moaners who said he was truly dreadful as he did show a bit of class especially against Man City where he started the game.

But I don''t think anyone can argue that he was in general very poor for us and terminating his loan was without doubt the correct choice for both parties. Maybe if he had scored that sitter he had against (i can''t remember who) he would have found confidence and been more successful for us, but we will never know.

I will still be very interested to see how he does next season. Reminds me a bit of Benteke, who now I can''t see anyone paying over £10m for after fees closer to £30 were being thrown around a year ago. I would love Kane to be that big center forward England have been looking for since shearer though!

Back to Loza, I have seen him play one first team game and can''t comment. At 20 though he does need to be in and around a first team.[/quote]

By "that sitter"  I presume you mean the one which came to him shortly after coming on as sub, the ball coming to him on the edge of the box on his left foot.   Hardly a sitter. 

On the subject of Loza, imo he just needs to work hard, the goals will come and sometimes it just takes a little bit of luck to get that goal and then others will follow.   Put him in a good lower league team where he can find his feet, not a poor one where he is under a lot of pressure to be the main man.  That can come later.

Can''t we just keep behind our youth players whislt they are here? Will Jamar make it for us? The odds are stacked against him as they are all youth players. We are one of the top 25 clubs in the country. There''s not many make it to that level but they can still make it to a decent level. We have a fantastic academy who are punching way above our top 25 ranking. The Under 21s are playing European football and are in the top 12 Developement sides in the country.

Jamar''s scored 4 goals in one match against the binners. That alone should get him our full support while he is here. And beyond!

I think it''s very difficult for young players to get the experience they need unless, of course, they are exceptionally talented and it shows from an early age. Harry Kane didn''t look anywhere near the player he is now when he came to us a couple of seasons ago, but had the luxury of going back to Spurs and training with their stars. Our youngsters on the other hand train in and around a very good and capable group of players, I think it is fair to say that we don''t have any out and out stars, who we can''t afford to drop for a game or two in order to give the younger players the necessary experience. I think good young players shine when they play in a side with other good, experienced, players with the ability to cover for their mistakes. When we send our youngsters out to play in poor lower league sides I don''t necessarily think that this helps with their development. It is, unfortunately, your typical catch 22, they need the experience, but they also need to be playing alongside better players than Yeovil have to offer.

I never understood why everyone went so mad about him when he started playing in the U21s. He''s never looked anything above mediocre to me. I can''t see him ever playing above Conference level sadly