Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Warburton to leave Brentford

Brentford have said that his contract expires at the end of the season, and that they are concerned about having to replace him, not "wanting to" replace him, they are terrified, and rightly so, of losing him, even if they get promoted to the premier league.

Hmmm strange rumblings from the top 6.... Ipswich on a downer, Brentford maybe losing their manager? We also have the top two playing each other as well as Brentford v Watford.

Could be a good night to get 3 points and really put the Canary amongst the pidgeons 😉

Statement from Brentford

"The club is aware of some press speculation about the future of our manager, Mark Warburton.

"It would not be in the club''s interests to disclose any of those discussions, but Brentford FC do want to confirm that Mark Warburton remains our manager.

"At this critical stage of the season, we don''t propose to make any further statements in relation to these rumours."

Despite the attempt at shutting down the story I suspect that''s not going to be the last we hear from them.

That''s certainly not the kind of vibe I''d want floating around my club if we were a fresh faced championship side with a shot at promotion, we''ve seen it before how clubs can have a great first season and then die away when their talent gets bought so the pressure must be on for them to handle this right and see this season out. Either way a bad result or two and things could start to get complicated between the fans, manager and board there.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Brentford have said that his contract expires at the end of the season, and that they are concerned about having to replace him, not "wanting to" replace him, they are terrified, and rightly so, of losing him, even if they get promoted to the premier league.[/quote]

Lessingham, he''s on a twelve month rolling contract according to the beeb.

Seems a ridiculous decision to sack Warburton but maybe Brentfords ambition is not up to his. Recently paid £1m to Rangers not what you would expect maybe the club not happy and are looking to move to new ground want to save money. After all if promoted little chance of Brentford staying up and may cost the club. Only speculating!

If this is true, then I look forward to watching Brentford fall down the league and Warburton go up...

Shocking handling of the club by the board, who do they think they are Leeds? Chopping and changing managers willy-nilly.

I doubt it is quite as reported, Brentford are a decent well run club and will be moving to a much better ground in 2 years. I can''t imagine the owner would do anything to destabilise the club after seeing l the changes through.....but weird things happen!