Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Four points from one game!!!!

I will really enjoy working with my binner mate this week, seeing as we won(3 pts) , they lost and we''ve overtaken them on goal difference=1pt ( maybe not in league position, but hey , every little thing counts in our rivalry). A little corner of Ireland will forever remain a Norwich / 1p5wich battleground.

Always a good thing. It was inevitable that if we caught them on points, we''d catch them on goal difference, so I don''t see too much change there.

It did get me thinking though, it might be an idea to follow the precedent set by rugby where bonus points are on offer for big wins or getting at least a goal. We all love a hard earned 1-0 win, but 5-0 demonstrates a far superior level. What would people think about the prospect of a bonus point for a win of 4 goals or more?

Ha, enjoyed that WCorkCanary!

On a few occasions en route to work in Belfast, I''ve had the misfortune of seeing some pleb with an Ipsw*ch car sticker. I have tried - but failed (so far) - to catch his attention to greet him with a two finger salute!

On a separate note, "Belfast Exile" and my good self have become friends through this message board and will be in attendance at Watford in a couple of weeks'' time so hopefully the ''luck of the oirish'' will be with us!

Been to a game at the Carra yet this season Corky?

Nope, not this season, but being 52 miles from the nearest Airport, which will only fly me to Stanstead, at the mercy of Ryanair ( bless the oirish), i find it all a bit pricey, i guess that makes me a cheap plastic (maybe inflatable ) canary. Also a bit caught up in developing young Irish players here also limits weekend free time...Playing Limerick away this weekend.

Was there in the seventies when Man Yoo wrecked the place, and also for the 1st leg yoof cup Final...and quite a few in between. including Plymouth away a couple of times, there used to be a Cork- Plymouth flight. i doubt i can match your attendance record Eaton, but with a name like that i''m sure money is no object.

PS Eaton....you''re not Waveney in disguise are you? He trots out similarly puerile stuff too.

In fact, why did i bother answering you at all, them that know me know how much i care about the Club. But thanks for your interest though i''m not sure what use it is to you.

''Thanks for taking the time to reply Cork I thought as much'' ......Eaton/Waveney

No prob chap/chapess, am i correct that you would limit support of OUR Club to those who attend ALL matches, or is 99% or 80% or 66.666% perhaps. What if you , for an unforseen reason were to miss a few games (i''m assuming you attend all, due to the high''n'' mighty nature of your post,), would you then have to declare as a plastic or non supporter with no opinion.

It would be a real shame if the Club, OUR Club was limited to the support of less than 26,034 people , there i go again, assuming that you,d allow opposition supporters in.

Silly me, i just cant grasp your point, sorry.

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]Thanks for taking the time to reply Cork I thought as much[/quote]
Oh look who it is! So many reincarnations Budda would be proud [:P]