Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Is Football better now?

Agree about how to put in place a fair system Indybones....I''m with you on a salary cap....I''d spread the tv money further down the leagues and freeze 25 man squad for each season..

It would be down to FIFA to cone up with a fair system to every league.....the issue you will have is greedy playerd, big clubs protecting themselves and the corrupt nature of football at the moment.

The modern game is a shadow of its past. The modern footballer is mainly concerned with his pay packet as opposed to trophies.

There is not much for clubs like Norwich to hope for barring a takeover by a multi billionaire similar to Man City or Chelski.

A position between 8th and 13th in the prem is success! At the same time the club will still field weakened teams in the cups to protect this status. So there is basically little or no hope of glory.

Its a sad state of affairs.

Agreed. Listen to what Steve Bruce had to say a few days ago about, basically, the ceiling /expectations of Hull City''s ''realistic'' League position!

The FA quite happily admitting that the new deal will widen the gap between the Prem and the Championship.And it frankly sounds like they couldn''t care less.

[quote user="morty"]The FA quite happily admitting that the new deal will widen the gap between the Prem and the Championship.And it frankly sounds like they couldn''t care less.[/quote]They don''t care.We are not far off it becoming the closed league that I always expected it to be.

Annoyingly, I could see this emancipated ''super league'' being made up of (aside from the obvious big clubs) fashionable clubs, clubs with rich owners and based off of trivial aspects like location with history and fanbase counting for nothing. Even if we were in the PL when they eventually break away I could easily see us getting left out in favour of a QPR, Cardiff or Hull who wouldn''t deserve to be there but who''s owners probably bought favour with the deciding parties or who''s owners have mindlessly filled their squad with big name players to excite foreign fans. For that reason I could also see clubs like Swansea, Scum, Burnley etc also being left out because they wouldn''t generate enough money or enough interest from overseas.

Personally I''m hoping the top 4/5 or so just break away into a European super league instead of having a closed shop top division. I don''t understand people complaining about TV money though, that''s how sensible clubs like us without oligarchs, hereditary royalty or gangsters as owners can compete financially. The more TV money the better!