Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Charlton v Norwich Match Thread

Team: Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, Howson, Tettey, Johnson; Hooper, Grabban.Subs: Rudd (GK), Cuellar, Jerome, Andreu, Hoolahan, Garrido, Murphy.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 10/02/2015 6:48 PM:

Blimey! After Canary Call I''d ordered Bassong''s flowers...

I could do with seeing his doctor, or maybe it was a prayer.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How many managers is that now who seem to think Whitts is a good right back and Martin''s a good centreback.....[/quote]Quite a few which is really surreal. Whittaker was aweful imho first half against Blackpool. Did think Rusty had a good game tho, i know he didnt have an overload of work but what he needed to do was done.

Glad Bassong is fit to play, we needed Tettey back and I had a feeling that Wes would miss out but I''m pleased with that lineup.
CMON YOU YELLOWS  [:)]

Well I thought Whits was terrific first half against Blackpool. Great involvement for the goal and always tries to be available never hiding from the ball. I really can''t see how he could possibly have been awful.

I''ve been super confident so many times this season and it''s bit me in the arse but tonight i''m super super confident . 3-1 win

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well I thought Whits was terrific first half against Blackpool. Great involvement for the goal and always tries to be available never hiding from the ball. I really can''t see how he could possibly have been awful.[/quote] Unless we watched a different game he misjudged the ball on several occasions and some of his short passing was aweful. But i suppose people see the game differently. Only my oppinion but he is simply not good enough.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Bit disappointed that there is no Wes. 7 assists this season, but yet doesnt create much.Charlton are 19th. No win since November, personally i wouldve went there with him in. But...it is Charlton i suppose. [;)][/quote] Lets smash them.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Bit disappointed that there is no Wes. 7 assists this season, but yet doesnt create much.Charlton are 19th. No win since November, personally i wouldve went there with him in. But...it is Charlton i suppose. [;)][/quote]I''ll almost be happy when he''s gone, so we no longer have to have this debate every time he doesn''t get picked.[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Did AN say Wes doesn''t create much Cusdp?

Lets hope Whitts ain''t awful tonight CTID ;)[/quote]no mate but its a common misconcepton amongst supporters. On here, on twitter and in the pubs. Hes got 7 assists this season, the most in our team.Agree Morty, bizarrely for me he seems to be marmite for some people. I just feel that he would get in most sides in this league, we lack someone to dictate a game and he does that.Any aspirations of going up , and you have to be beating teams like Charlton

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Did AN say Wes doesn''t create much Cusdp?

Lets hope Whitts ain''t awful tonight CTID ;)[/quote]no mate but its a common misconcepton amongst supporters. On here, on twitter and in the pubs. Hes got 7 assists this season, the most in our team.Agree Morty, bizarrely for me he seems to be marmite for some people. I just feel that he would get in most sides in this league, we lack someone to dictate a game and he does that.Any aspirations of going up , and you have to be beating teams like Charlton[/quote]I think a bit of common sense is required. He is a great player, but there is no way he is suited to starting every single game.

OK. Like Whits then. AN obviously prefers Tettey for this game. I don''t see that as a criticism of Wes. Bizarly hes preferred Whits in both...

Right. I''m off to adjust the picture on my wireless, enjoy the game together... ;)

I''m disappointed to see Wes on the bench. When you look at it as a straight swap, Wes for Tettey is, dare I say it, a bit negative.

I understand we are away from home, I understand it may require different tactics, but it feels like a game we need to win.

I''m sure AN knows what he''s doing, I''m fairly confident that team can still get a result, but I''d just be happier with a bit more attacking intent.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Did AN say Wes doesn''t create much Cusdp?

Lets hope Whitts ain''t awful tonight CTID ;)[/quote]no mate but its a common misconcepton amongst supporters. On here, on twitter and in the pubs. Hes got 7 assists this season, the most in our team.Agree Morty, bizarrely for me he seems to be marmite for some people. I just feel that he would get in most sides in this league, we lack someone to dictate a game and he does that.Any aspirations of going up , and you have to be beating teams like Charlton[/quote]I think a bit of common sense is required. He is a great player, but there is no way he is suited to starting every single game.

[/quote]oh indeed morty horses for courses. Like i said if we want to go up, we have to be beating teams like this. We couldnt break them down at home. Wes imo would help us do that.Im not disagreeing with uyou mate

[quote user="Monty13"]I''m disappointed to see Wes on the bench. When you look at it as a straight swap, Wes for Tettey is, dare I say it, a bit negative.

I understand we are away from home, I understand it may require different tactics, but it feels like a game we need to win.

I''m sure AN knows what he''s doing, I''m fairly confident that team can still get a result, but I''d just be happier with a bit more attacking intent.[/quote]THAT!!!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="morty"][quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Did AN say Wes doesn''t create much Cusdp?

[/quote]oh indeed morty horses for courses. Like i said if we want to go up, we have to be beating teams like this. We couldnt break them down at home. Wes imo would help us do that.Im not disagreeing with uyou mate[/quote][Y]I think away from home you have to win the right to play, win the battle, then impose your plan on the game.Charlton will be expecting to win this.