Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Johnson

Just watched the highlights and although the whole team must have played well, Johnson was responsible for creating the first two goals with his persistence and pressing.   Grabban''s goal was brilliant - created by Johnson.   Good stuff.

Have to agree there he''s having a great season right up there for player of the season

He shows alot of heart when ever he plays and that goes along way

Superb header for Grabban''s goal. He had chances to get a couple of goals too with a bit more composure.

Fast becoming a very good all-round midfielder.

[quote user="Ian"]Superb header for Grabban''s goal. He had chances to get a couple of goals too with a bit more composure.

Fast becoming a very good all-round midfielder.[/quote]Would agree. I''ve criticised him, as have others, for his sometimes slack passing, but if he is offering the kind of pressing and determination he showed for those two goals yesterday, then the positives outweigh the negatives.   Would still have reservations about him playing in central midfield, but on the left, he looks to have found a good place for himself.

I would personally have him alongside Howson in centre-mid over Tettey. Maybe harsh, as he is only just back from injury, but I felt Tettey was at fault for both of their goals last night.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Would still have reservations about him playing in central midfield, but on the left, he looks to have found a good place for himself.[/quote]That''s interesting Lakey considering the team you selected yesterday........[quote user="lake district canary"]                       RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Ollson                     JohnsonRedmond  Howson Andreu Murphy                      Jerome[/quote][:D]

BJ was instrumental in last nights win, he broke up play with his combative style, he''ll pick up a few yellows along the way of course but he''s having a great season, scored a few earlier on, hope he can keep up this strong level of performance and add a few more goals.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Would still have reservations about him playing in central midfield, but on the left, he looks to have found a good place for himself.[/quote]That''s interesting Lakey considering the team you selected yesterday........[quote user="lake district canary"]                       RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Ollson                     JohnsonRedmond  Howson Andreu Murphy                      Jerome[/quote][:D][/quote]Oh dear. I seem to have woken Lapps up. 

In my humble opinion, playing the defensive midfield role is not the same as playing central midfield - where Johnson has been found this been found out playing too far forwards and us being caught on the break.  If Johnson is given the DM role, then he has to stay back in that position. Same with Tettey imo.  I hope this explains it sufficiently for you, without too much waffle.[;)]

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]BJ was instrumental in last nights win, he broke up play with his combative style, he''ll pick up a few yellows along the way of course but he''s having a great season, scored a few earlier on, hope he can keep up this strong level of performance and add a few more goals.[/quote]

Fab you went to the game last night Corky.

Its the passion from BJ that I love whenever we see him score he just goes mental I love it. Even when he has nothing to do with the goal you can see how much it means to him.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Oh dear. I seem to have woken Lapps up. 

I hope this explains it sufficiently for you, without too much waffle.

[/quote]Lakey you should know by now that whatever explanation/answer you give to Lapps will be rubbished by him, particularly if it does not fit in with his own narrow view on things.........BTW, tend to agree with you re BJ. Not sure whether he''d be POTS material yet, but certainly a nailed on candidate for most improved player . I''ve a feeling that he''s the sort of player tailor made for a manager like Neil to get the best out of, don''t you think?

Whatever you''d want to call the role he''s currently playing, it''s working for him.

It''s as if we''re compensating for Olsson going forward more but Grabban running the left channel. I suppose i''d call him a defensive wide player.

I think we saw both sides of him yesterday. The winning the ball back and assist were great and he sometimes looks a class above this level but then his miss from 12 yards just showed his occasional lack of composure.