Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Olson ?

Yeah, I left when the players were drifting away, I wouldn''t be surprised if AN did have a go, his mistake set up their 2nd goal and Seb had a go at him for that, the lads behind me said the first one was down to him too. He did seem very hesitant all night so whether his mind isn''t on the game or he''s just going through a rough patch I don''t know.

Still, if he was that bad you''d have thought that AN would put Garrido on?

From what was said on Radio Norfolk, it sounded to me as if AN took the opportunity to let Olsson know one to one what he thought, rather than when they were all back in the dressing room. Described Olsson as angrily tearing off his gloves as he headed for the tunnel.

His agent making noises in the press,won''t be here next season probably end up at Palace or Villa if his mindset is not right drop him

I do wish people would give the benefit of the doubt to players sometimes.  If he made a mistake, he made a mistake. Let the manager deal with it.  If the manager caries on picking him it will be because he thinks Olsson has reacted well to the situation.  Olsson made a mistake in a game recently, more than made up for it in the following game by being the best defender on the pitch.   We won last night, so maybe a verbals in the heat of the moment is all that was needed.

I don''t remember Garrido playing badly when we had that (believe it or not) excellent run under Hughton. I say bring him Javier back. He''s always positive about our club, has been very very loyal from what I can see, is very professional and doesn''t grumble or unsettle, and most importantly, has done more than a good job for us when in the side. I think it''s time he got his chance, Olsson''s made quite a few mistakes of late and I''m not entirely sure his heads right at the moment. We don''t need players that aren''t buying into Alex Neil''s plans, they will never be a positive influence. I maybe wrong on some of my thoughts of course but I don''t think his heads right at the moment. Time for Garrido''s loyalty to rewarded, I want to see players playing for us who want to play for us.

[quote user="Alex "]I don''t remember Garrido playing badly when we had that (believe it or not) excellent run under Hughton. I say bring him Javier back. He''s always positive about our club, has been very very loyal from what I can see, is very professional and doesn''t grumble or unsettle, and most importantly, has done more than a good job for us when in the side. I think it''s time he got his chance, Olsson''s made quite a few mistakes of late and I''m not entirely sure his heads right at the moment. We don''t need players that aren''t buying into Alex Neil''s plans, they will never be a positive influence. I maybe wrong on some of my thoughts of course but I don''t think his heads right at the moment. Time for Garrido''s loyalty to rewarded, I want to see players playing for us who want to play for us.[/quote]Its tricky though, do you stick or bust?Olsson is a better player than Garrido, the best option would be to get his head right.That said, it hasn''t looked right for some time now.But drop him and I doubt there would be a way back for him.

Olsson has been pretty poor for the majority of the season. He''s been directly responsible for at least three or four goals conceded in the last month or so.

[quote user="Suffolk Canary"]Olsson has been pretty poor for the majority of the season. He''s been directly responsible for at least three or four goals conceded in the last month or so.[/quote]I wouldn''t entirely disagree, trouble is, the few times I have seen Garrido play for the U21''s, he doesn''t look a much better option.

[quote user="Suffolk Canary"]You can''t always tell from U21 games.

At least Garrido''s head would probably be right.

Olsson looks too casual at times, even borderline disinterested.[/quote]No, but its better than making a complete guess about a player who isn''t playing, isn''t it?

Players can be rusty in U21s, due to lack of regular match fitness.

Still, it''s usually only a guess at a player''s suitability when they haven''t been in and around the first team for a prolonged period.

[quote user="Suffolk Canary"]Players can be rusty in U21s, due to lack of regular match fitness.

Still, it''s usually only a guess at a player''s suitability when they haven''t been in and around the first team for a prolonged period.[/quote]"Foxing" I believe it is called.The longer a player isn''t involved in the first team, the more he is the answer to our problems.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Alex "]I don''t remember Garrido playing badly when we had that (believe it or not) excellent run under Hughton. I say bring him Javier back. He''s always positive about our club, has been very very loyal from what I can see, is very professional and doesn''t grumble or unsettle, and most importantly, has done more than a good job for us when in the side. I think it''s time he got his chance, Olsson''s made quite a few mistakes of late and I''m not entirely sure his heads right at the moment. We don''t need players that aren''t buying into Alex Neil''s plans, they will never be a positive influence. I maybe wrong on some of my thoughts of course but I don''t think his heads right at the moment. Time for Garrido''s loyalty to rewarded, I want to see players playing for us who want to play for us.[/quote]Its tricky though, do you stick or bust?Olsson is a better player than Garrido, the best option would be to get his head right.That said, it hasn''t looked right for some time now.But drop him and I doubt there would be a way back for him.[/quote]

I think Olsson and Garrido both have their qualities, Mark, though I know where you''re coming from mate. But a fully focused mind in the right place is a quality in it''s own right, and we need that at this stage of season from everyone involved in first team duties. I think as for Garrido''s U21 performances, I would imagine if he''s been aware that Olsson was very likely to be leaving in the Jan window then I''d imagine his focus could well have been to just keep the legs working and avoid going in gung-ho as an injury just when he''s about to get his chance to re establish himself in the team for the last third of the season would be foolish. That said, I could argue against my train of thought there and say that he should be trying to give his all regardless to win his place back - as was demonstrated, despite the likelihood it would have been known amongst the players that Olsson was likely to move on, nothing is certain in the Jan transfer window.

For the purpose of throwing caution to wind on the Garrido front, he''s easily done for pace. For most this season we''ve been exposed with ease by pacey counter attacks, and i don''t feel Garrido is the answer to that problem in particular. He''s certainly got a lot of quality to offer the side, but we''d be better off being mindful of his weaknesses before we throw him in willy-nilly.He''s a bit more tactically aware than Olsson, so is perhaps less likely to find himself exposed defensively, but that doesn''t mean he''s any sort of ''Drury'' (against Wolves, it was him - effectively as a substitute for Olsson after his sending off - who let Van Le Parra''s cross come in to Edwards, losing us the game 1-0 when we could have quite feasibly grinded out a draw).Oh the things i''d be willing to do so that we could have an in form Drury in the side at the moment... I''d even dare to dream of the automatics.

Ahh yes. I''ve done quite a lot of studying into what I''ve come to know as "Cody mcdonaldism"

The comfort some derive from claiming any player is out of th team is the answer to all our problems

And this is by no means a dig at any player. Their fate is in the hands of the managet but he is at least he is basing his opinions on evidence and not..... Nothing. Have olssons performances deserved him to be dropped? Or is this more to do with "e sed e dunt wuna be ere numur buh!"

Some people cannot seperate personal feelings from cold facts and evidence. Prefer gossip and rumour.

If you look at that footage it looks like Olsson is saying something to Neil and Neil walks towards him saying "eh" as if he can''t quite make out what Olsson is saying.

Olsson had a bit of an exchange with the bench after the 2nd goal, he may have been fired up and it was a bit of a carry on from that but in that footage he looks to be the instigator of any discussion that was had with Neil on the pitch. If he was giving the manager a bit of stick then maybe Neil did respond with a few words and he would be right to do so.

The thing is, John, that if we''ve been done for pace most of the season anyway then I can''t really see what difference it''ll therefore make if Garrido does get his chance, plus by your own admission Garrido is the better defender of the ball, and has also proved he''s decent against your Alex Ferguson era Utd''s etc - so it''s pros and cons whoever starts in the left back berth but all things considered I think Garrido deserves his chance. And yes, to have another Ads Drury!

P.s not sure what went on at the end of the game between Neil and Olsson, but Olsson''s protesting something or other. I guess if it''s anything ''serious'' we''ll find out on Saturday.

This season most of his passes have been backward or at best sideways. Both of which are negative moves. Despite having great speed to go past people very really uses it.

Garido is a better crosser of the ball , nearly as back as the other full back at times. Time for a change I think, starting on Saturday.

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]This season most of his passes have been backward or at best sideways. Both of which are negative moves. Despite having great speed to go past people very really uses it.

Garido is a better crosser of the ball , nearly as back as the other full back at times. Time for a change I think, starting on Saturday.[/quote]A full back playing without a proper wide player ahead of him is likely to find his forward passing options limited. You only have to compare our play up the right and left flanks. Likewise, unless there is someone he can rely on to cover the space he leaves behind him, a responsible full back is not likely to risk bursting forward at speed. Olsson is not the problem; it is not having managed to bring in a replacement for Pilkington. Just playing Garrido instead will not solve it. The likelihood is that AN will try to bring someone in on loan to fill the gap, the other, as yet untried, alternative being to play Garrido at full back with Olsson ahead of him (as several on here have suggested).