Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

The Misery of The Messiah....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]
I think Reggie got out of the wrong side of the bed today.
As for the thread, well it is self evident that it has interested some, and something tells me that Lambert had a minor affiliation to NCFC once upon a time?
[/quote]Not really Daz.Just not terribly interested in a list of 23 dry stats about another club''s manager, and some possible perceived relevance to another NCFC manager 30-odd years ago.There are indeed a few who have replied. If that sort of stuff is their bag , then fine.I just prefer to concentrate on the here and now at Carrow Rd, thanks.[/quote]
Yeah, by all means, and the here and now is all that can be shaped, and Lambert''s here and now has a passing interest to many and certainly still initiates a discussion, which I for one enjoy.
The stats also hold a certain amount of interest to me, some are pretty astounding in their direness.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"][You''re really making yourself look a bit of an idiot here.[/quote]I bow to your inexhaustable experience on that particular subject, Morty.[/quote]On seeing you be an idiot?Yeah, I do have a lot of experience there.Now put your bottom lip away.

Getting back to the OP''s question, which was wondering if Lambert might be thinking the same John Bond did with his regret on leaving NCFC when he did... 
I somehow doubt it.

Lambert, of course, is the fourth longest manager to manage continuously in the premier league and he was appointed only one day after the third placed manager, Rogers.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Lambert, of course, is the fourth longest manager to manage continuously in the premier league and he was appointed only one day after the third placed manager, Rogers.[/quote]
I somehow don''t think he would have achieved that if AV had an owner other than Randy Lerner.

Regardless of anything else, Paul Lambert gave me three of the most exciting seasons it has ever been my good fortune to witness. For that and that alone he will always have my eternal gratitude.

Agreed Ricardo, Lambert, Walker, Stringer and Bond were the main men in my time but Lambert''s roller coaster was, arguably, the most exciting even if Stringer probably played the best football and Walker achieved the most.

[quote user="ricardo"]Regardless of anything else, Paul Lambert gave me three of the most exciting seasons it has ever been my good fortune to witness. For that and that alone he will always have my eternal gratitude.[/quote]
I doubt many would argue with that Ricardo

It is history now but everyone lost when Lambert left. His days are numbered at Villa and it will be a long time before he get another shot in the premiership unless he gets a team promoted there. We have been on the back foot ever since other than the first 6 months of Hughton. He is too strong a character to admit it but i feel both he, the club board and supporters would like to turn the clock back. He will be looking for a new job soon and we are fighting for a play off spot so after a period of reflection plenty to get on with for everyone

Actually, Ricardo, I know what you''re saying but I''d personally go for 1984/5 - 1986/7 if I were going for my favourite three-year spell, under Ken Brown - 84 was my first full season going and included trip to see us win a Wembley final; we got relegated but then won the title and subsequently had our best ever top flight finish.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Actually, Ricardo, I know what you''re saying but I''d personally go for 1984/5 - 1986/7 if I were going for my favourite three-year spell, under Ken Brown - 84 was my first full season going and included trip to see us win a Wembley final; we got relegated but then won the title and subsequently had our best ever top flight finish.[/quote]Those years were enjoyable enough but for sheer excitement they pale into insignificance when compared with those countless last minute drama''s of the Lambert years. We went from our lowest point and worst home defeat in 50 years to Premier League riches. From a crippling debt to the promise of a debt free future. In a lifetime of supporting NCFC, I''ve never seen anything like it and never expect to see it''s like again.I''m sorry but although his departure left a bitter taste, I can''t bring myself to find any joy in his current predicament.PL will always retain a God like status in my eyes and his unique place in our history can never be downgraded but what came after.

Never take Ricardo at face value Crabby, he takes his opinion as fact because of the many hypocritical opinions he holds on a single subject e.g. Lambert, Neil Adams'' departure, Mike Phelan''s departure. I''m pretty sure he''s schizophrenic.

Although I''m grateful for what Lambert did, he''s lost his back room team which he may not get back at another club, leaving was a very bad decision, for both parties.

Reggie, I''m with you.  I''d like this message board to focus only on the players and managers currently working at Norwich City Football Club.
For one thing, I''m getting pig sick of reading about Neil Lennon.

Now now Bor, you didn''t have to reply on this thread, thereby pushing it to the top of the page. You could have read it, ignored it, and then contributed on a  ''pure'' NCFC post.............................

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Never take Ricardo at face value Crabby, he takes his opinion as fact because of the many hypocritical opinions he holds on a single subject e.g. Lambert, Neil Adams'' departure, Mike Phelan''s departure. I''m pretty sure he''s schizophrenic.

Although I''m grateful for what Lambert did, he''s lost his back room team which he may not get back at another club, leaving was a very bad decision, for both parties.[/quote]I speak for myself alone, others can take it or leave it at their pleasure.Whilst I hold the opinion that he was one of our greatest managers I''m not blind to the fact that in Paul Lambert''s eyes all that matters is Paul Lambert. He was always going to walk away when a bigger offer came along as was proved twice before at Wycombe and Colchester.. I can understand that many fans are glad to see him fail but schadefreude is not something I can share with them. Nothing is ever black and white and we have to judge him warts and all.In my opinion the good he did us far out weighed the bad, although I''m sure many will beg to differ.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Lambert sacked!
[/quote]As I ''ve said many times, they all run out of road in the end.

ricardo wrote the following post at 11/02/2015 6:33 PM:

Regardless of anything else, Paul Lambert gave me three of the most exciting seasons it has ever been my good fortune to witness. For that and that alone he will always have my eternal gratitude.

Agreed

ricardo wrote the following post at 11/02/2015 8:01 PM:As I ''ve said many times, they all run out of road in the end.

-----------------

i''m sure you have

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I think we should all start individual "Lambert Sacked" threads.
[/quote]Apart from Reggie.He''s not allowed one.

It''s not the ''Lambert Sacked '' threads I''m worried about. It''s Waveney starting ''Bring back the Messiah'' threads, everytime Whittaker misplaces a pass, Delia burns a cake, or McNally doesn''t pay the papers

Lambert was good, but nothing beats finishing 3rd in the 1992-93 season and those UEFA Cup nights under Walker. The irony is that we were one win short of finishing 2nd above Villa.

[quote user="kantata soul"]Lambert was good, but nothing beats finishing 3rd in the 1992-93 season and those UEFA Cup nights under Walker. The irony is that we were one win short of finishing 2nd above Villa.[/quote]Agree with that and also the football we played for those 18 months under Mike Walker was probably the most exciting to watch too.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Did you sent this thread to Randy Lerner Lapps? :)[/quote]He called me this afternoon mrs miggins, He said "thanks for bringing those shameful stats to my attention Lapps, I''ll sort it out tonight". [;)]