Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

The Misery of The Messiah....

1. 25 wins in 101 (50 lost, 26 drawn)2. 33 points from last 40 games3. 2 wins in 21 games (12 points)4. 0 wins in 10 games (3 points)5. 12 goals scored in 25 league games 6.

Recent games in this 10 game winless run includes versus direct

relegation rivals, WBA, Sunderland, Palace, Leicester and Hull.. Just 2

points gained and zero goals scored.7. Worst goals scored record at this stage of the season since Leicester City in 19788. 101 games, 101 points9. Biggest ever league defeat (Chelsea 8-0)10.Just 1 minute short of 11 hours of football with no goals, the 4th ever worst run in the Premiership11. 1 goal in 13 hours of football12. No goals at all this season in the last 20 minutes of games13. No away goals in 5 matches14. Worst ever start to a Premiership season (his 1st)15. First Villa manager since the Premiership started to have two or more seasons outside the top 1016. Worst home record in a single season 17. Most defeats in our Prem history (20) 18. First time ever in our history, five games, five defeats, no goals19. First time we`ve lost in two legs to a lower tier side (old 4th div) in a semi final20. Most goals let in during our Prem history 21. Most home losses in a season in our history22. A whole host of records broken to individual clubs like Fulham etc23. Lowest goals in all five levels of football across Europe
Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7518184#ixzz3RS5xDplu

We''ve been here before with John Bond........In February 2000, John was interviewed by the Eastern Daily

Press
. He describes the day he left Norwich as the biggest

mistake of his life. "Sir Arthur (City chairman Sir Arthur South)

had told me I had seven and a half years of a contract to run

and as soon as I stopped managing I could become general manager

and when I wanted to finish I could become a director of the club.

Basically I had a job for life. But in my wisdom I went to Manchester

City because I thought it was bigger"I wonder if Paul Lambert is having similar thoughts?

Speaking personally, Lapps, I am a Norwich City supporter. Not an Aston Villa supporter.You obviously take great delight in one of our ex managers going through a rough time at a club in Birmingham who are not even in the same league as us.Me.......I''d rather focus my attention on the great job Alex Neil is doing at Carrow RdBut, still , you just carry on with the negative postings.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Speaking personally, Lapps, I am a Norwich City supporter. Not an Aston Villa supporter.You obviously take great delight in one of our ex managers going through a rough time at a club in Birmingham who are not even in the same league as us.Me.......I''d rather focus my attention on the great job Alex Neil is doing at Carrow RdBut, still , you just carry on with the negative postings.

[/quote]Isn''t this part of football though? The politics, the what ifs?For me, I am intrigued about things like this. It may well be that Villa are traditionally seen as a ''bigger'' club, and that''s not the debate for me. It''s the intrigue that like all of us, we may come up with dilemma''s like that where we have a choice to make. A bigger job at a larger firm that is less likely to appreciate a good job when you do it.I also think, that sometimes, a manager without any real tangible history, can be a success for the level of ''unknown'' behind them. Lambert when he came to Norwich, in terms of management, was a relative nobody. It was a no-brainer for him to step from Colchester to Norwich. We had a relatively new squad with a few longer term players. None of them knew what to expect. He could come in and lay the law down from the off.I sometimes wonder, if the real test of a manager, is not whether the have success with a club, but if they can sustain that success and then take it easily to other clubs.As much as people seem to love to slate them at times, the likes of Bruce, Allardice and Pulis all seem to have proven now, that they are successful managers over a sustained period of time and with multiple teams.That said, they have been successful with clubs of a very similar stature, and other than Allardice at Newcastle, none of them have been deemed good enough to give one of the ''top'' clubs a go. That said, West Ham has that potential I would say.And bringing it back to Lambert - his only real managerial success was with us. It was no mean feat. But like Bruce and Pulis especially, has he really been able to make the best of the squad and resources at Villa? I think I know what the Villa fans would say.

Given the unwanted list of records that the OP has listed, I believe that Lambert ,if/when he''s sacked by Villa has now gone past the point where his reputation would be credible to get another Premiership job.

3 consecutive years of constant relagtion battle appears to have visually taken its toll on him and I wonder where his next managerial job maybe? back down the the Championship?...or maybe abroad in a Moyes/McClaren bid to restore some reputation?

Ok.  Just can''t really see the point of starting a posting with loads of fairly dull stats about Lambert''s time at Villa Park.If Lakey had started such a thread Lappin would have been down on him like a ton of bricks.Double standards ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Ok.  Just can''t really see the point of starting a posting with loads of fairly dull stats about Lambert''s time at Villa Park.If Lakey had started such a thread Lappin would have been down on him like a ton of bricks.Double standards ?[/quote]No double standards, its an interesting, relevent thread.As opposed to being either banal, patronising, or attention seeking.

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Amazed he''s still there TBH.[/quote]He must surely get the sack soon!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Amazed he''s still there TBH.[/quote]He must surely get the sack soon![/quote]
Odds certainly agree, not much better than evens. 

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Ok.  Just can''t really see the point of starting a posting with loads of fairly dull stats about Lambert''s time at Villa Park.If Lakey had started such a thread Lappin would have been down on him like a ton of bricks.Double standards ?[/quote]

I think they are interesting facts and he didnt look well on the TV last night.

He should have stayed here but he was greedy

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]Amazed he''s still there TBH.[/quote]He must surely get the sack soon![/quote]
Odds certainly agree, not much better than evens. 
[/quote]If he does get the sack its a proper poison chalice for any new manager coming in.

They are astonishing facts in view of his record here.I cant believe ANY other Premier League club would put up with that as a managerial record over 3 years but i suspect that the only two criteria ever laid down to him at Villa were to reduce the wage bill dramatically and stay in the Premier League which makes it all the more startling that he decided Villa was a better option than staying at City.I think when he gets sacked there he will go to Germany to manage.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Ok.  Just can''t really see the point of starting a posting with loads of fairly dull stats about Lambert''s time at Villa Park.If Lakey had started such a thread Lappin would have been down on him like a ton of bricks. Double standards ?[/quote]The question was a simple one Reggie even if you found it difficult. I asked if people thought Lambert was regretting his decision to leave us for what he saw as a ''bigger club'' in the same way John Bond did.If  ''dim'' was an Olympic sport, you''d win gold........

[quote user="morty"]No double standards, its an interesting, relevent thread.

[/quote]Interesting ? Well just maybe for a few ''stat'' types on a very superficial level.Relevant ?  To Norwich City ?  In what way precisely ?

I think they have danced around relegation for a few seasons now and their number is nearly up. Top flight mainstays for so long getting relegated with a notoriously fickle fanbase. I think it will really damage them.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]No double standards, its an interesting, relevent thread.

[/quote]Interesting ? Well just maybe for a few ''stat'' types on a very superficial level.Relevant ?  To Norwich City ?  In what way precisely ?[/quote]Well people seem to be replying to it and finding it interesting, does that count?If you can''t see the relevance to Norwich City I can only assume you have suffered a recent head trauma, and have my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="morty"]No double standards, its an interesting, relevent thread.

[/quote]Interesting ? Well just maybe for a few ''stat'' types on a very superficial level.Relevant ?  To Norwich City ?  In what way precisely ?[/quote]Well people seem to be replying to it and finding it interesting, does that count?If you can''t see the relevance to Norwich City I can only assume you have suffered a recent head trauma, and have my best wishes for a speedy recovery.[/quote]
I think Reggie got out of the wrong side of the bed today.
As for the thread, well it is self evident that it has interested some, and something tells me that Lambert had a minor affiliation to NCFC once upon a time?

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]
As for the thread, well it is self evident that it has interested some, and something tells me that Lambert had a minor affiliation to NCFC once upon a time?
[/quote]Not really Daz.Just not terribly interested in a list of 23 dry stats about another club''s manager, and some possible perceived relevance to another NCFC manager 30-odd years ago.There are indeed a few who have replied. If that sort of stuff is their bag , then fine.I just prefer to concentrate on the here and now at Carrow Rd, thanks.

Passing by the comments about me and the ridiculous and obssessive attempts of morty to deride everything I do, I''d just say that I do feel for Lambert.  We don''t know full details of why he left and similarly to Adams, he looks to be feeling the strain, perhaps more so as he has been there so long.  Personally hate to see people looking too stressed out over what they are doing, perhaps he would be better out of the job, take a break and try another lower league adventure next season, where he may be better suited.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="Daz Sparks"]
[/quote]Not really Daz.Just not terribly interested in a list of 23 dry stats about another club''s manager, and some possible perceived relevance to another NCFC manager 30-odd years ago.There are indeed a few who have replied. If that sort of stuff is their bag , then fine.I just prefer to concentrate on the here and now at Carrow Rd, thanks.[/quote]Other threads are available.You''re really making yourself look a bit of an idiot here.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Passing by the comments about me and the ridiculous and obssessive attempts of morty to deride everything I do, I''d just say that I do feel for Lambert.  We don''t know full details of why he left and similarly to Adams, he looks to be feeling the strain, perhaps more so as he has been there so long.  Personally hate to see people looking too stressed out over what they are doing, perhaps he would be better out of the job, take a break and try another lower league adventure next season, where he may be better suited.

[/quote]It was your mate / alter ego, Reggie that brought up the comparison, I think you''ll find.

I''m not at all interested in this thread so am not going to pass comment on it.....

Although,Lambert is shit, and has probably alienated all his friends and fans in pursuit of his ambition. Is it worth it Paul????