He would be a quality signing in this league. Yes he did under perform last year but he is a quality player. He''s definitely better than Hughes and we must remember he is a striker not a right winger so why not play him and Marney. Worthy has a thing about playing strikers on the right wing i.e Bentley, Jonson. down the middle would be better for Bentley. Sign him up. At the end of the day if he replaces Francis in the squad he can''t be any worse than him.

Bentley made Francis look like Roy Keane in the Fulham match - I''ve never seen such a lazy-arsed, ball-wasting, show-boating performance than that in my life. He can''t tackle, has no strength on the ball, not much pace and tends to passes to the opposition.

For: Great technique.

Against: What''s the point in having technique if you don''t have the football brain to use it?

Is he not the ideal player to solve the fizzy league/premiership dilemma? I think this is a huge problem for any Championship manager; how do you attract quality players without bankrupting the club, but get players in who will perform at the top level once you''re promoted. I think Norwich have done superbly in getting real quality, such as Hux, Ashton & Safri, while "growing" Green & Shackell. I suspect Colin & Marney will prove to be excellent acquisitions too.

You have to be patient. You have to accept some good, solid journeymen players to get you where you want to be. It is financially impossible to build a complete premiership side from scratch.

I think Bentley would be another step forward.

Its a simple question.

If the price is right.

Would he make our (small) squad better or worse.

I think better. If the fee is reasonable lets bring him in.

Bentley is pleasing to the eye with his fine ball skills.  However his defending was suspect, his crossing was poor - Marney looks much better so far - and his shooting was terrible, usually over the bar or horribly sliced.  Personally I''d rather sign a midfielder who could score 10 goals or more for us (there must be someone out there!) rather than another non scoring midfielder. In other words a good replacement for Francis. 

Be interesting to hear what NW thinks, I am sure that a couple of months ago he said he would like to get him back if possible.

Mark .Y.