Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Be careful what you wish for?

It looks like Malkay may be looking at a local derby with Bury, next season,  at the rate he''s going at the mo. (Wigan getting tanked at Forest tonight, and getting cut adrift)

I''d have had him in the summer, and I''m sure he''d have done a lot better with a pre-season and his own transfers, rather than inheriting a dispirited camp and having to ship out good players in the last transfer window: it''s not really a fair comparison.

[quote user="JF"]Very few people wanted Malky though![/quote]

Quite a lot wanted malky as manager.

Pretty sure there was a poll on here once. He was top with 50% I''m sure of it.

Even the board wanted him. Up until his troubles

given his baggage we would have been mental to have hired him.

He''ll carry it all his days now. It''s a shame.

Glad he wasn''t chosen.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Very few will probably admit it now.

[/quote]I wouldn''t use the word "admit" nutty as that implies some kind of guilt! He was the obvious choice in the summer, as the directors decided. I don''t know enough about Wigan to understand why he is doing so badly. It may be the textgate furore that erupted some time after he effectively turned us down has unsettled him. Or perhaps, bearing in mind Rosler''s failure, there are some deep-seated problems at Wigan. He might have been a roaring success here. It all emphasies the point, which sometimes gets forgotten, that picking a manager is not a science, with predictable results. At the level from which we get to select, every choice is to a greater or lesser extent a gamble.

Having watched Reggie wriggle and squirm earlier about his suggestion of Slade I think admit could be about right. But of course you''re right, we all have our suggestions and none of us know how they will work out. If you search back through this board i''m sure I suggested Calderwood to replace Grant. And it does feel like an admission of guilt now[:$]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Having watched Reggie wriggle and squirm earlier about his suggestion of Slade I think admit could be about right. But of course you''re right, we all have our suggestions and none of us know how they will work out. If you search back through this board i''m sure I suggested Calderwood to replace Grant. And it does feel like an admission of guilt now[:$]

[/quote]More lies and invention from Nutty.I what way did I wriggle, Nige ? You pointed out that I''d mentioned Slade , and the very next post I confirmed that Slade was indeed on a list of my suggestions back in the summer. As was MalkyThe problem , as I recall lay at your door, because you implied in your posting that Slade was my one and only suggestion, which I helpfully pointed out  was not the case. Then , as is your wont, you got all uppity about it, and defaulted to your usual position when you''ve been found to be telling porkies;  ie to play the ''dishonesty'' card.Oh and , by the way, just a friendly reminder. You''ve still not supplied the evidence of your bizarre statement yesterday concerning all these ''moaning negative'' posters who were up in arms that we only beat Charlton 3-2 , not 4-0. Will you be supplying that evidence, NN, or can we all assume that this is yet another thing you''ve made up to run down NCFC'' s true fans ?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Very few will probably admit it now.

[/quote]I wouldn''t use the word "admit" nutty as that implies some kind of guilt! He was the obvious choice in the summer, as the directors decided. I don''t know enough about Wigan to understand why he is doing so badly. It may be the textgate furore that erupted some time after he effectively turned us down has unsettled him. Or perhaps, bearing in mind Rosler''s failure, there are some deep-seated problems at Wigan. He might have been a roaring success here. It all emphasies the point, which sometimes gets forgotten, that picking a manager is not a science, with predictable results. At the level from which we get to select, every choice is to a greater or lesser extent a gamble.[/quote]It''s a science all right, however just like the theory of phlogiston was once the science for fire and reined up until the late 18th century, it''s a rather poor one at the moment (and looks to be so for the forseeable future).

Lol Reggiewhat happened to you using the quote facility in ALL cases to avoid this constant embellishing of others posts? I reckon your New Years resolutions are always broken by Jan 2nd!

A manager with a ruined personal reputation joins an awful club who have had their moment in the sun but now look to be heading to their level. Match made in heaven.

In fact that''s a point those years in the top flight with a half empty stadium use to drive me crazy... I remember thinking how we could (and did) fill our stadium week in week out in a lower division and that alone gave us a right to deserve top flight status over them.... Wigan have always hit a raw nerve with me and so, legend or not, I have no real feelings towards Malky going down with them.

Before all the texts scandal came out, he was my first choice!

I still think he''d have kept us up if we''d appointed him last January.

Wigan is a sinking ship and I fear no manager would have done much better. They just sold their best players as well. Let that be a note of warning for us if we''re still in this cursed division next season! Imagine what we''d do without Redmond, Ruddy, Olsson, Tettey, Bassong and Hooper who are probably our most saleable assets.

I wanted Malky before the Scandal.. if the rumours are to be believed he was interviewed and offered the role under the pretence he kept Adams and refused it...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Lol Reggiewhat happened to you using the quote facility in ALL cases to avoid this constant embellishing of others posts? I reckon your New Years resolutions are always broken by Jan 2nd![/quote]Nice try at swerving the issue, Nige . close, but no cigar.What you are saying then is that you lied when you made up the story of people complaining that the 3-2 Charlton win was not 4-0 ?Thought so , all along tbh.  Dishonesty in action.

Never wanted Malky, on nearly every level.   Was worried when it looked like he may be the chosen candidate, but was actually pleased to have Adams in preference to Malky - and I wasn''t that keen on the Adams idea either.    Didn''t really want Lennon either. In hindsight I think that Adams was a good choice for a short term appointment until a preferred candidate was available.  We got that man in AN and hopefully he is the real deal.

Well done Reggie. Now quote my post about you suggesting Slade and all your follow up posts. Then, if yyou still think its appropriate you can post about honesty...

Like pop singers are only as good as their latest record, for most people football managers are only as good as their last few results.All these people (eg Rosler, Slade,Lambert, Malky etc) do not just suddenly become bad managers? Mackay had a pretty good record at Watford and Cardiff, but either there is an inherant problem at Wigan or the racism baggage he''s carrying around at present is taking its toll.It''s easy to be wise after the event, but MM looked a really good shout last May, and I think those who rejected him out of hand then are being a bit selective with the facts . He may have been a good fit here; I guess we''ll never know. But, certainly, AN is making all the right noises so far.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well done Reggie. Now quote my post about you suggesting Slade and all your follow up posts. Then, if yyou still think its appropriate you can post about honesty...[/quote]No need, Nige. People are perfectly capable of finding the posts to which you refer. If they can be bothered.But..... they might have some trouble finding the ones to which I refer. You know..... the ones where you said that people had moaned about our great 3-2 win on Tues and complained that it was not 4-0. And the reason why they might have some trouble locating them ? Because they don''t exist, do they Nige ? They were made up by you, as is so often the case with your postings.Still, never pass up an opportunity to lie ,and run down a large section of loyal NCFC fans ,eh ?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Well done Reggie. Now quote my post about you suggesting Slade and all your follow up posts. Then, if yyou still think its appropriate you can post about honesty...[/quote]

No need, Nige. People are perfectly capable of finding the posts to which you refer. If they can be bothered.

But..... they might have some trouble finding the ones to which I refer. You know..... the ones where you said that people had moaned about our great 3-2 win on Tues and complained that it was not 4-0.

And the reason why they might have some trouble locating them ? Because they don''t exist, do they Nige ? They were made up by you, as is so often the case with your postings.

Still, never pass up an opportunity to lie ,and run down a large section of loyal NCFC fans ,eh ?
[/quote]

It could be this one;

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3217763/ShowPost.aspx 

The bit NN was referring to is here.

"I liked the guy who said he won''t be happy unless be beat Charlton 4-0 and dominate Wolves, just imagine being the poor people who have to live with someone like that."

If the board had of appointed Malky in the summer......Nutty would have said what a great appointment as he is and always been 100% behind the board.

In the summer Alex Neil would have looked a terrible appointment as did Adams. Both have had a certain amountof succesd given we are 7th and looking a good bet for top 6. No complaints from me after the Brentford game where the frustrations came to boil, Neil has done well including Charlton, they came back at us and we responded with a good win.

No one knows how good Malky would have been here, only form opinions.....how well would Alex Neil do at Wigan? We just don''t know so a pointless thread playing silly buggers and being devisive again.

Time to unite going into 4 tough games.

If Reggie had kept his word and used direct quotes it would be obvious that all his subsequent posts are embellishing what I said.

Use a direct quote Reg. Then add your subsequent posts. Then if you still think it appropriate we can have a little chat about honesty.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

It could be this one;

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3217763/ShowPost.aspx 

The bit NN was referring to is here.

"I liked the guy who said he won''t be happy unless be beat Charlton 4-0 and dominate Wolves, just imagine being the poor people who have to live with someone like that."

[/quote]Oh I see TCC, we''ve shifted the goalposts again, have we.? You should''ve said.Let me remind everyone what Nige actually said yesterday::

nutty nigel wrote:

Then moaning about a 3-2 away win assumedly because it wasn''t 4-0. What

can the team do to satisfy the never satisfied negativeNancies?

But instead it seems we are now talking about  is what someone allegedly said on Canary Call on Saturday evening long before the Charlton game. Not on Pink Un at all.Still, when you make stuff up as often as Nige does, it''s easy to get confused........

[quote user="Indy"]If the board had of appointed Malky in the summer......Nutty would have said what a great appointment as he is and always been 100% behind the board..[/quote]You are kind of thinking along the right lines here Indy.He would have indeed done that. But if and when the sh!t hit the fan, he''d have denied it, made up some other fantasy scenario, and accused people of being negative. Then when his position became untenable he''d have labelled anyone who disagreed with him as dishonest. And wriggled and wriggled and wriggled.Threads with Nutty involved always follow the same pattern.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Finally!!

Now list all the quotes you attributed to me since and if you still think it appropriate we''ll discuss honesty.[/quote]If you were as sharp as you like to pretend you are , NN, you''d know that I quoted the statement that you claim I''ve ''finally'' done at one minute past five yesterday on the Inconsistent Norwich thread.Do try to keep up. there''s a good chap. We''ve, I think established for some time that you made that one up.But crabby is right. We''ve rather gatecrashed his thread. Enough.

How could I make up what I assume. Reg, you''ve lost it. At no point have I said posters were moaning about the 3-2 win because it was not 4-0. I said I assumed that was why. So how on earth do you expect me to find the quotes? If they were there I wouldn''t have had to assume. So now can you see how your subsequent posts have been dishonest?

Indy, if you are being honest those things will be in the archives so either put up or shut up.

And Sports Desk Crabbie......

Hurry up and sort the forum upgrade ;)

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Finally!! Now list all the quotes you attributed to me since and if you still think it appropriate we''ll discuss honesty.[/quote]

If you were as sharp as you like to pretend you are , NN, you''d know that I quoted the statement that you claim I''ve ''finally'' done at one minute past five yesterday on the Inconsistent Norwich thread.

Do try to keep up. there''s a good chap. We''ve, I think established for some time that you made that one up.

But crabby is right. We''ve rather gatecrashed his thread. Enough.
[/quote]

There are no posts a 1 minute past 5 on that thread.