Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Lambert sacked! - OFFICIAL THREAD

Hope he goes to Europe

He''ll just start managing a club that''ll beat us. He''s jammy like that.

Amazing it''s taken this long, but he''s a good manager.

It''s like hearing a particularly attractive former girlfriend has split up with the bloke she dumped you for.

Would you have her back though despite the vacancy she left behind being filled with someone potentially more reliable and trustworthy but possibly not quite so enticing?

the one manager weve had since 1992/3/4 thats been able to make average players perform well above their ability welcome back here anytime as far as im concernedand if the pretend wannabe weve got in charge right now doesnt get us up this season and lamberts still available mcnally should swallow his pride and beg him back in the summer.

some people on here have short memorieshad the club had more ambition and been willing to back him after managing successive miracles he wouldnt have left

stone cold club legend

[quote user="iron_stan"]the one manager weve had since 1992/3/4 thats been able to make average players perform well above their ability welcome back here anytime as far as im concernedand if the pretend wannabe weve got in charge right now doesnt get us up this season and lamberts still available mcnally should swallow his pride and beg him back in the summer.

some people on here have short memorieshad the club had more ambition and been willing to back him after managing successive miracles he wouldnt have left

stone cold club legend[/quote]
Is a pretend wannabe not actually a wannabe at all?

[quote user="Daz Sparks"][quote user="iron_stan"]the one manager weve had since 1992/3/4 thats been able to make average players perform well above their ability welcome back here anytime as far as im concernedand if the pretend wannabe weve got in charge right now doesnt get us up this season and lamberts still available mcnally should swallow his pride and beg him back in the summer.

stone cold club legend[/quote]
Is a pretend wannabe not actually a wannabe at all?
[/quote]I think it''s a double negative. So a pretend wannabe is actually a be?! Or some such bollox[:D]

Not sure how I feel about him anymore, its been 3 years since he left us but when he was here he did a great job for us, so mixed feelings.

He had signed a contract ext until June 18 so he''ll have 3 years pay to look forward to so guess there''s no need to feel too sorry for him, if sorry at all

Villa fans are celebrating.

I can see him taking over at Celtic next season, Ronnie Deila has disappointed so far and Lambert''s a legend up there, it would be a good place to rebuild his career.

Most just see him as another Owen Coyle, Nigel Adkins etc one club wonder at the moment and he won''t get another shot at the Prem and it could easily go t!ts up at a club in the unpredictable Championship.

As an aside have a look at him being unveiled as our manager just 6 years ago then look at a picture of him now!! He looked young for his age then, he looked about late 30''s early 40''s, he looks like an old man now!

I wouöd take him back in a heart beat.

There can be no deniying what he done for us. He was a perfect manager for this club that had his head turned. Not to difficult in this day and age of money.

I for one am not happy he has been sacked.

He had less to work with at villa than he ever did at Norwich.

For sure he never thought that when he took the job at there place.

Interesting that Villa have appointments two of our ex-players and coaches as their temporary management team!

Andy Marshall we all know about but Scott Marshall led our U-21s for a couple of seasons prior to Neil Adams U21 spell.

Lambert took us as far as he could considering the football we played under him was basically whacking the ball into the box for Holt or Morison to head in. Two good headers of the ball plus some decent midfielders like Fox, Surman and Hoolahan meant that we could play that system very well and continue the momentum.But playing in such a way meant that we couldn''t hope to finish any higher than midtable. Instead of pushing on and improving our game with a decent manager and coaches we tried to consolidate by going negative. We are still paying the price for failing to be more ambitious.

Lambert was great for us and led the Club through it''s Renaissance playing the most gripping and exciting football I have ever seen from a Norwich side over a prolonged period but.....

He did it with McNally in his pomp; with inherited players in their prime such as Hoolahan and particularly, Holt. With Crook early on and in particular Ian Culverhouse who he lost to his detriment at Villa.

He was part of a package and you have to have a package.

We currently have an apparently refreshed McNally calling the shots in appointing Alex Neil an ambitious and refreshingly abrasive young manager shaking up a diffident bunch of players.

We now need a good coach and can only hope Neil has brought one with him and a talisman, an inspiring figure on the pitch, and this is the most elusive ingredient despite seeing good characters and a team ethic in the celebrations.

Lambert was a key player and a legendary manager in his success. But his disrespect when he brought Villa here and overtly celebrated tainted him.

I hope Villa go down and Lambert goes to foreign fields, like Scotland.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Lambert was great for us and led the Club through it''s Renaissance playing the most gripping and exciting football I have ever seen from a Norwich side over a prolonged period but.....

He did it with McNally in his pomp; with inherited players in their prime such as Hoolahan and particularly, Holt. With Crook early on and in particular Ian Culverhouse who he lost to his detriment at Villa.

He was part of a package and you have to have a package.

We currently have an apparently refreshed McNally calling the shots in appointing Alex Neil an ambitious and refreshingly abrasive young manager shaking up a diffident bunch of players.

We now need a good coach and can only hope Neil has brought one with him and a talisman, an inspiring figure on the pitch, and this is the most elusive ingredient despite seeing good characters and a team ethic in the celebrations.

Lambert was a key player and a legendary manager in his success. But his disrespect when he brought Villa here and overtly celebrated tainted him.

I hope Villa go down and Lambert goes to foreign fields, like Scotland.[/quote]

Delighted with the news. It should have happened ages ago. 12 goals in 25 games says it all. The grass is not always greener and that''s a hard lesson learnt that I am sure he will not forget. Shame!

"He had less to work with at villa than he ever did at Norwich. "

In what ways has Villa been worse for Lambert than Norwich. I''ve heard others say this and just wondered.

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]"He had less to work with at villa than he ever did at Norwich. "

In what ways has Villa been worse for Lambert than Norwich. I''ve heard others say this and just wondered.[/quote]

Hughton spent more the summer before last than Villa did....and I dare say that given the current Lerner regime, had we have stayed up , we would have spent more than Villa at the start of this season too..

[quote user="Shyster"]I haven''t a bad word to say about Lambert.

And people who have are incredulous pr*cks?[/quote]Once someone disassociates themselves with the club then they mean nothing to me. Thanks for the brilliant memories but sod off. I''m not going to pine over someone like a lovelorn, spotty teenager.Yours, an incredulous pr*ck.[:D]

[quote user="kantata soul"]But playing in such a way meant that we couldn''t hope to finish any higher than midtable. Instead of pushing on and improving our game with a decent manager and coaches we tried to consolidate by going negative. We are still paying the price for failing to be more ambitious.[/quote]No offence, but that''s a ridiculous statement.We simply do not have the financial backing to push any further than midtable safety in the prem, you only have to look at the spending (and squad quality) of the clubs currently in the top 8 positions to realise that we were already punching above our weight in our places with both Lambert and Hughton:Arsenal - 95 milChelsea - 118 milMan City - 87.5 milMan Utd - 145.4 milSpurs - 28 milSouthampton - 68 milWest Ham - 29 milLiverpool - 117 milOut of those, despite Spurs relatively low spend this season, they had already spent 165 mil over the previous 2 seasons and therefore had a good squad to begin with. In fact, the only club in there that we could arguably compete with is West Ham, and whilst they''re not paying a lot in transfer fees I do hear that they''re paying some pretty impressive wages instead (the likes of Carroll, Jarvis and Song are on an absolute fortune IIRC).So tell me again exactly HOW you expected us to push on and improve on our previous 11/12th place finishes without spending probably close to 50-60 mil to take us beyond the other teams around us who would all have been spending 20-25 mil themselves anyway???

Forrest or Leeds would have been a good fit for lambert, but both of them now have managers that have started well. I''m sure there will be plenty of championship jobs coming up. But will the messiah want any of them.

I''ve got great memories from Lambert reign here, league 1 to the promised land and it had only been done once before now three times with Southampton.

Culverhouse may have been the brains behind Lambert and once he left, they struggled.

I think Lambert is possibly quite stubborn and needs a good right hand man to guide him. Fancy leaving Vlaar and Benteke out of the starting eleven on Tuesday.

I think Lambert would be a good fit for QPR. He is what they need at the moment, and I think he would keep them up this season. He seems to base his management in getting in players faces and get them to run through walls for him, and this will only work for so long.

Just wonder how long it will be before Bent is recalled from Derby. A natural born goalscorer not getting a game in a team that has scored 12 goals in 25 games.

Did a great job for us, but has made some very strange decisions at Villa.