Sign in to follow this  
The Phantom

After a sleep and sometime for cool reflection

We have had the hysterical reaction to the departure of the Messiah from the Villa.

The priority for the club has to be promotion realistically through the playoffs. Do you take the gamble on an untried manager from Hamilton or the tried and tested Manager who is available on a free and has the pedigree to guarantee us promotion.

It really is a no brainer but will McNally see it I very much doubt it

Paul Lambert is part of Norwich City history . There is no getting away from that but it is history. Facts appear to show that without Ian Culverhouse behind him he didn''t do very well. All of this clamour for his return is ridiculous. We will not get rid of Alex Neil !!! He has earned his chance and deserves our support to make his career with us as successful as can be. Too many Lambert related posts on here. Really is the time for some people to move on.

Not for me.......Lambert was and could be a great manager for this club, but Neil has done a good job since arriving, bar a couple mistakes which could be argued........if we miss out on the top 6 and Lambert is available come end of May then things might be different.

Not for me. We have a new manager now. We are in a good position with no need for a change. Plus lambert is a judus who left for more money and a "bigger club" ha! That worked out well. Face it Waveney. Lambert is a failure. Alex neil will turn out too be a club legend. Lambert was good but not a legend.

[quote user="canarycop"]. Too many Lambert related posts on here. Really is the time for some people to move on.[/quote]Pretty much what I stated on another thread before the sacking yesterday afternoon.But I got shouted down by the ''usual few''. It''ll be interesting to see if the same fate awaits you CC .I wonder if the Villa fans will still be childishly harping on about their ex-manager in 3 yrs time ? Somehow I doubt it.Onwards and upwards with Alex Neil !!!

Sorry OP but I couldn''t disagree more and I am in full accord with all the anti points made above.

The Club would likely be ridiculed throughout the footballing world in general to the same extent it was over the timing of the Hughton replacement.

"Mad" McNally he may be, but he ''aint that mad.

Also you take no consideration of the finances involved. Another few contracts to pay off etc, Whilst Lambert would probably demand more.

The Carrow Road coffers are not that deep as to be continually drained by unnecessary risks.

Lambert''s weaknesses have been exposed at AV. Neill''s srengths are becoming more apparent by the day.

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]I would certainly wish to see him bring back Culverhouse as well.

The more you think about it the more of a no brainier it turns out to be[/quote]Quite right. It doesn''t take much of a brain to understand that it''s not worth thinking about.

what is clear is the Messiah being forced to leave us was the wrong outcome for all concerned. It didnt work for him, Villa and most importantly ourselves.

Like Ukraine and Russia McNally and Messiah need to get together to talk peace. I hope McNally is man enough to take the initiative

Your messiah fixation has reached the point of total absurdity Waveney. He will never come back to City and will never even be considered, and rightly so. For us, he is yesterdays man.

I bet you also wish you''d move out of your parents house at 43

Neither is going to happen though pal

Too much bad blood between Lambert and the Board, so it should be consigned to history, lets face it Lambert is unlikely to repeat what he achieved with us.

It was a case of right time, right place, right set of circumstances and a chunk of momentum thrown in for goodwill, everything was right, THEN, we are in different times lets look forward and who knows in 20 years time we might have our own Sir Alex and be dominating Europe and the so called messiah will still be remembered for his contribution by canary''s the world over and as a "messer" by the rest of the football world.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Please, please, please just let this thread die.
[/quote]

Many Many people want to debate the Messiah and the future direction of the club. If not after he leaves the Villa when exactly?

Just for the record - I wouldn''t want him here again.Mainly because he would still go on to leave in the same manner if we were successful under him again.And would we want to go there again? And whilst it is easy to blame the board, he is equally responsible in my eyes. Having wanted out the previous summer as well, and refusing to sign a long term contract.

The most pointless and inane topic ever, and you hardly have to be a city fan and now the ins and outs to see why, Lambert left on awful terms with our board and he doesn''t strike me as the type to go back. More chance of us reinstating Adams.

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Please, please, please just let this thread die.[/quote]

Many Many people want to debate the Messiah and the future direction of the club. If not after he leaves the Villa when exactly?

[/quote]Obvious troll is obvious. There''s an official ''Lambert sacked'' thread for you to add your one-dimensional ramblings to.Now go and get a job.

No, Just No.

We did well under Lambert, lets not take that away from him!

Even the first season in the premier league we did well! - he then went to a "bigger club"

Honestly I think what he achieved here was remarkable - but we''ve seen him struggle with Aston Villa the last few seasons and i think he''d struggle with any other premier league team - he seems well suited to lower leagues - perhaps thats what he needs to do again!

We are a team wanting to be premier league and as such need a manager up to that job - do we have it in AN - I don''t know but to me he has earned his place to lead us and isn''t letting me down yet!

So in a simple answer - no to Lambert - he is part of our history and not to be part of our future.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Please, please, please just let this thread die.[/quote]

[/quote]Now go and get a job.[/quote]Surely he''s too young for that. [:)]

Considering he has been infesting this board for a few years now I believe he could be eligible for a YTS placement. But, honestly, can you see this cretonist waster ever being able to persuade any company/firm ever being interested in employing him?

Really enjoyed the time Lambert was manager and will be forever grateful but he didn''t have the balls to try and take us further ,he obviously thought it would be easy to do a better job at Villa following McLeish and it would be hard to better Norwich''s first season back in the prem .So I think he thought he was taking the easiest option ,sadly for him he didn''t.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="canarycop"]. Too many Lambert related posts on here. Really is the time for some people to move on.[/quote]Pretty much what I stated on another thread before the sacking yesterday afternoon.But I got shouted down by the ''usual few''. It''ll be interesting to see if the same fate awaits you CC .I wonder if the Villa fans will still be childishly harping on about their ex-manager in 3 yrs time ? Somehow I doubt it.Onwards and upwards with Alex Neil !!![/quote]Strange to read a Waveney thread and read a bigger load of nonsense written by someone other than him.

Buh "You are boring mate

Re-assess your life"

Buh-mkin have you been looking in the mirror again?

Did Lambert fall out with Culverhouse? I thought it was the Villa board that had the disagreement with cully. The problem with having Lambert back would be the hysterics every time a job came up in the league and premier league.