Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

V Wolves

If we win our game v Wolves we''ll be 5 points ahead of them with a goal difference of + 22 or more better than them.

However, if we lose we will drop to 8th.

It is vital that we keep up with the top 6 and win.

OTBC !!!

So we''ll definitely drop to 8th?

Whatever happens?

How''s it going, hawking?

This has got the potential to be an absoute cracker of a match. Three points will keep the momentum going and crank up the pressure on Brentford, Watford, Ipswich etc ,but it will also as you say distance us from Wolves. They will see this match as a massive opportunity to keep themselves within touching distance of the top six. Throw in the added spice of a '' hostile derby feel'' atmosphere due to the recent history between the two clubs , and two in form teams.

[quote user="Buh"]So we''ll definitely drop to 8th?

Whatever happens?

How''s it going, hawking?[/quote]WTF is that supposed to mean

[quote user="swjf50"]If we win our game v Wolves we''ll be 5 points ahead of them with a goal difference of + 22 or more better than them.

However, if we lose we will drop to 8th.

It is vital that we keep up with the top 6 and win.

OTBC !!![/quote]

Its vital we win every game from here to the end of the season, Saturday is no different. Its the next cup final in a series of cup finals.

---------------------Ruddy--------------------

Whittaker---Martin---Bassong---Olsson

----------------Tettey---Johnson-------------

Redmond----------------------------Bennett

-------------------Hooper----------------------

----------------------Jerome-------------------

Would be my team.

I think we need to counter attack instead of trying to push forward or playing a possession game. Wolves need to win this one, if they don''t then they''ll start looking as if the cutting adrift. If we can invite pressure tactically, countering at every opportunity then it will go well for us I feel.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]---------------------Ruddy--------------------

Would be my team.

I think we need to counter attack instead of trying to push forward or playing a possession game. Wolves need to win this one, if they don''t then they''ll start looking as if the cutting adrift. If we can invite pressure tactically, countering at every opportunity then it will go well for us I feel.[/quote]Counter attack at home?I would have thought the manager will play a similar team to the Blackpool game.Would be pretty hard to drop Grabban right now.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]---------------------Ruddy--------------------

Would be my team.

I think we need to counter attack instead of trying to push forward or playing a possession game. Wolves need to win this one, if they don''t then they''ll start looking as if the cutting adrift. If we can invite pressure tactically, countering at every opportunity then it will go well for us I feel.[/quote]Counter attack at home?I would have thought the manager will play a similar team to the Blackpool game.Would be pretty hard to drop Grabban right now.[/quote]Anyone else think Olsson might get dropped?

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="morty"][quote user="mrs miggins"]---------------------Ruddy--------------------

Would be my team.

I think we need to counter attack instead of trying to push forward or playing a possession game. Wolves need to win this one, if they don''t then they''ll start looking as if the cutting adrift. If we can invite pressure tactically, countering at every opportunity then it will go well for us I feel.[/quote]Counter attack at home?I would have thought the manager will play a similar team to the Blackpool game.Would be pretty hard to drop Grabban right now.[/quote]Anyone else think Olsson might get dropped?[/quote]Tricky.He deserves to be. But he is a better player than Garrido.As said in another thread, best option is to get Olssons head straight, which it hasn''t looked for some while.Trouble is, drop him, and I doubt he''d fight very hard to win his place back.

Yep I would counter, we need to invite pressure to get them out of position as they''re a very solid unit. They''re good in attack but when looking at their back line individually it''s pretty poor. Jerome can hold the ball up better than Grabban which is obviously important with the kind of game it would be. That''s what I''d do anyway as it seems most logical for the individual game. AN however may just play how he normally plays which could also be successful.

It''s very possible Olsson could get dropped as well, but there''s not too much between Garrido and Olsson this season, both have been iffy (but Olsson is just ahead I feel).

-----------------Ruddy-------------------

Whittaker--Martin--Bassong---Olsson

------------Johnson-Howson-----------

-----Redmond-Hooper-Jerome

----------------Grabban-----------

Harsh on Hoolahan, but I don''t think he''d stand out against a high pressure, physical side like Wolves, he could be useful off the bench though. I know some would start Garrido but VLP is absolutely lightning quick and would leave Garrido for dead, we''d be caught by a lot of balls over the top so I''d stick with the faster Olsson.

This is going to be a really tough game, we struggle the most against fast, high pressure sides live Wolves, this will be a real acid test for the new regime.

2-1 to us after going a goal behind early on

Really the crunch game of our season this.

It''s the start of a tough run of games against the teams around us. If we can win them, it''s a good run of games to have but if it all goes wrong, we could very much be looking at mid table in a couple of weeks time.

It''s a run that has come at a good time. We are in form, we have our injured players nearly all back and we''re right on the cusp of the playoffs. If we can do the unthinkable and beat Wolves, Watford, Blackburn and Ipswich then we''ll be right back in touch not just with the playoffs but automatic promotion as well.

Personally, the only change i''d consider would be bringing Jerome back in the side. It''s harsh on Grabban, but Jerome is more reliable for goals.

I''m still worried about our defence but the current back four is as good as we''ve got really. Wolves are quick on the wings, so we really need to make sure we don''t leave the right side too vulnerable and leave Whittaker too much running to do as Sako and co will tear him a new one if he''s left on his own there. Olsson really needs to pick his game up as well. I''d consider dropping him soon but not against pace on the wings that Wolves have.

Same team as Blackpool for me, plenty of options on the bench to change it up if necessary.

[quote user="Darth BOOOOOOOOOO"]-----------------Ruddy-------------------

Whittaker--Martin--Bassong---Olsson

------------Johnson-Howson-----------

-----Redmond-Hooper-Jerome

----------------Grabban-----------

Harsh on Hoolahan, but I don''t think he''d stand out against a high pressure, physical side like Wolves, he could be useful off the bench though. I know some would start Garrido but VLP is absolutely lightning quick and would leave Garrido for dead, we''d be caught by a lot of balls over the top so I''d stick with the faster Olsson.

This is going to be a really tough game, we struggle the most against fast, high pressure sides live Wolves, this will be a real acid test for the new regime.

2-1 to us after going a goal behind early on[/quote]Very good point. I agree.However, it does raise a good point. Are we light at LB. Olsson has a loss of form / injury / attitude, how many more wingers in our remaining 16 games will be too quick / good for Garrido?

Ruddy

Whittaker   Martin  Bassong  Olsson

Tettey

Redmon   Howson Hooper Johnson

Grabban

Same again;  see no reason to change;   just cut out the complacency in midfield when ahead

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Ruddy

Whittaker   Martin  Bassong  Olsson

Tettey

Redmon   Howson Hooper Johnson

Grabban

[/quote]

Would agree with that team.  Would normally prefer a genuine winger on the left such as Bennett or Murphy, but Johnson atm is making that position his own.  Opportunities for Jerome/Hoolahan and Andreu from the bench.

From AN interview today it looks as if we''re gonna play ''our'' game tomorrow. As we have the better players and are at home I can understand why we are doing this, however I''m worried about getting caught on the counter as they have a hell of a lot of pace upfront, it could be our undoing against Whittaker, Johnson, Martin and Bassong.