Sign in to follow this  
Lewis Esquire

Jealousy

The way some people talk of Paul Lambert on here, is if he never lead us back up the premier league, successive promotions and entertained us with some of the best attacking football NCFC has ever seen.

So he left Norwich for a different challenge, who can blame him? I changed my job after 2 to 3 years, why shouldn''t he? Some of you are so jealous and angry - It''s like Paul Lambert filed for divorce from you, when he chose to move on... He did it at a respectable time and on his terms...

People need to get over the fact Lambert ''ditched'' Norwich and move on. He was a class manager for Norwich City and so what if he didn''t succeed at Villa? Not many managers have in recent years - Get over it...

Would I take him back at Norwich? No, not right now - I''m quite happy with Alex Neil.

I''m afraid it was the manner of his departure & the fact he couldn''t get out fast enough that did it for me.

We all got lucky for those few wonderful years - him as much as us. All managers leave eventually; the manner of his departure was particularly graceless.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I''m afraid it was the manner of his departure & the fact he couldn''t get out fast enough that did it for me.

We all got lucky for those few wonderful years - him as much as us. All managers leave eventually; the manner of his departure was particularly graceless.[/quote]To expand further on this, here is something I posted on another site :-

I am in the slightly bitter camp, I''m afraid.

Yes, he gave us three amazing years, but it is symbiotic, we also furthered his reputation, it wasn''t all one sided.

Its not about loyalty, we have no reason to expect that from anyone, but its almost like anywhere other than Norwich would do, which hurts. Norwich fans worshipped him, and he knew it.

How he left stinks too. Word is he visited his friend, Petrov, in hospital, did he pop into Villa while he was there? He appeared on SSN just days before he left, extolling the fine virtues of Norwich City, and professing how happy he was. Then he had the temerity to sue us for constructive dismissal. 

So I''m quite happy he failed, him and Villa deserved each other.

Great OP only the terminally dim, binners and plastics could possibly doubt the contribution he made and could make to the club. He was forced out by McNally it is called constructive dismissal

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]Great OP only the terminally dim, binners and plastics could possibly doubt the contribution he made and could make to the club. He was forced out by McNally it is called constructive dismissal[/quote]How was he forced out exactly?I presume you have some kind of evidence of this?Was it the biggest transfer budget in Norwich City history, amusingly bigger than the one he got at Villa, that put him off, perhaps?

The interviews after he left clearly indicated his relationship with McNasty and Bowchump had deteriorated to the point where he could no longer work for them. They clearly wanted to bring in Careful Chris and quite correctly he responded to the overtures of the Villa. As the OP says with him not wanted at Norwich you cant blame him for wanting to pursue his career elsewhere

Stop with the aggressiveness Morty. Just because someone has a different opinion you don''t have to go steam rolling in trying to diminish someone''s opinion.

Personally, I''m grateful for three wonderful years we had under Paul Lambert. It was over three years ago, and yes, it ended on a sour note, but maybe people should move on and leave it in the past - it''s been a long while and a lot of water has passed under the bridge for both parties.

Alex Neil is our manager now and hopefully he can emulate some of PL''s achievements here. OTBC

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]The interviews after he left clearly indicated his relationship with McNasty and Bowchump had deteriorated to the point where he could no longer work for them. They clearly wanted to bring in Careful Chris and quite correctly he responded to the overtures of the Villa. As the OP says with him not wanted at Norwich you cant blame him for wanting to pursue his career elsewhere[/quote]Ah right, thats totally conclusive.Cheers[Y]

Look, we can dance around the issue but someone has got to ask the question we all want an answer to

Waveney Canary

How much is your mum charging these days?

[quote user="Suffolk Canary"]Stop with the aggressiveness Morty. Just because someone has a different opinion you don''t have to go steam rolling in trying to diminish someone''s opinion.

Personally, I''m grateful for three wonderful years we had under Paul Lambert. It was over three years ago, and yes, it ended on a sour note, but maybe people should move on and leave it in the past - it''s been a long while and a lot of water has passed under the bridge for both parties.

Alex Neil is our manager now and hopefully he can emulate some of PL''s achievements here. OTBC[/quote]

Everyone can have an opinion but if that opinion is clearly ridiculous and wrong, why shouldn''t he say so?

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"]The interviews after he left clearly indicated his relationship with McNasty and Bowchump had deteriorated to the point where he could no longer work for them. They clearly wanted to bring in Careful Chris and quite correctly he responded to the overtures of the Villa. As the OP says with him not wanted at Norwich you cant blame him for wanting to pursue his career elsewhere[/quote]I class myself as sitting on the fence on this one. Like Riccardo I think any fan that palms those three seasons off as "lucky" or anything else are trying to tarnish three incredibly successful seasons, full of great examples of attacking footy and on some occaisions of proportions of David and Goliath.Also, I would caution anyone who is  looking to blame the board for his departure. He has done the same before and it had become a pattern. I think it is well documented that the board wanted him to sign a long term contract but he refused, preferring to remain on a rolling contract. This was the summer before our first season. Again, I believe (I could be wrong) that he had intimated he might leave that summer but was talked into staying for our first Premier League season.So we know he was prepared to leave us, and at a time when we were incredibly vulnerable should a change happen. Personally, I feel he did so in the end anyway. The first two seasons are traditionally the most difficult for a team trying to establish itself in the prem (although we might want to add the third now as well). Probably because of having to revamp a mainly Championship squad. I get the impression that Lambert felt that the amount of money he was to get wouldn''t be enough to replace the players he felt unable to play consistantly in the premier league. Maybe he felt with the squad that Villa already had, he had more chance to build on that than with us. Either way, to me at least, it felt like he left with the job half done and with us in a precarious position. Hughton had a very mixed squad to build upon IMHO.I suppose I would have been happier if Lambert had left us after a successful 2nd season with the squad in a much better condition for any manager wishing to come in and take the reins and be competetive. I can sort of understand the bitterness too. Lambert was important for us - and I believe we were important for him, more important than I feel he gave respect for. I think he had seen the likes of Rodgers get the Liverpool job and thought that is where he should be. Either way he left in very poor circumstances and in a dissrespectful way - again, as he had done to other teams in the past.No doubt the truth will come out one day, but I suspect that it was six of one half a dozen of the other. One thing for sure, the odds were Lambert would leave the way he did - he had form, he has ruthless ambition.

[quote user="Lowestoft Canary"] ....They clearly wanted to bring in Careful Chris and quite correctly he responded to the overtures of the Villa..... [/quote]

You''re talking complete b*llocks and you know it.

( Shouldn''t take the bait from one of you TWTD lot but you know how it is sometimes... )

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]From the outside ,,, this thread is hilarious !!!

Imagine it in real life ,,,, Morty having a discussion with a man ,,, who in turn has multiple personalities ,,, who take turns in talking back to Morty ...... Probably loads of these in suffolk.[/quote]Ducking behind a screen and donning various wigs and false noses.[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]From the outside ,,, this thread is hilarious !!!

Imagine it in real life ,,,, Morty having a discussion with a man ,,, who in turn has multiple personalities ,,, who take turns in talking back to Morty ...... Probably loads of these in suffolk.[/quote]Ducking behind a screen and donning various wigs and false noses.[:D][/quote]
Hahaha, very funny!
The level of self delusion is staggering, this post puts me mind of the Fawlty Towers episode when Fawlty goes into the pretending to chastise the chef that isn''t even there, he even shifts position to act out the chef''s role, pant pissingly funny.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I''m afraid it was the manner of his departure & the fact he couldn''t get out fast enough that did it for me.

We all got lucky for those few wonderful years - him as much as us. All managers leave eventually; the manner of his departure was particularly graceless.[/quote] This ^^^^^^^^  1 millon %    BANG, NAIL, HEAD

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Lewis Esquire"]I changed my job after 2 to 3 years, why shouldn''t he?[/quote]
Yeah, I understand the Rent Boy business is a short career.
[/quote]and never a minute to sit down.

Very good post Chicken, totally agree. As for the OP-Jealousy? You get jealous when your best mate buys a better car than you, or gets off with a gorgeous girl-you don''t get jealous of the ex-manager of the football team you support!

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Very good post Chicken, totally agree. As for the OP-Jealousy? You get jealous when your best mate buys a better car than you, or gets off with a gorgeous girl-you don''t get jealous of the ex-manager of the football team you support![/quote]I actually liken the whole thing around Lambert to another familial situation. Divorce. My parents are divorced so it''s a bit of a reflection really.As a kid, when you are living with one parent more than the other, it can become very easy to lay blame at the feet of the one you are with more, because they are the only one around to blame if that makes sense. I sort of feel that with the Lambert saga. People want to blame the club, because the club/board are still there, and well, Lambert isn''t. You can''t really blame someone who is not there. Instead they try to make excuses.Much like my own attitude. Obviously I had great times growing up with my parents. And then the divorce, and the feeling I had to blame someone - even though it was mutual, and relatively painless. I still felt for some reason I had to blame someone.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]"Holding on to anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" - Buddha[/quote]Good quote, although I had to read it twice as I read the word "anger" as "lager" the first time, for some strange reason.

This message board malarkey is quite interesting. Not only from this post but many others it shows there are a lot of people who are still puzzled by the departure of Lambert from ncfc - myself included.

And even more people without a sense of humour. Bor bor bor''s comment made me chuckle. It would be a very dry board if it didn''t allow a bit of fun...