Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

The Vadis Mystery

So he''s unlikely to feature prominently this season now?

He''s been "a week away" for about 2 months now and then this?

Thing is, he''s played plenty of football (Under 21''s, Chicago Fire) so he must have a level of fitness back.

Just what is the deal here?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So he''s unlikely to feature prominently this season now?

Thing is, he''s played plenty of football (Under 21''s, Chicago Fire) so he must have a level of fitness back.

Just what is the deal here?[/quote]It would be helpful if you could provide a link to the relevant story.

Yeah, Alex Neil mentioned it today. Sorry, I always assume most people here see the regular pre match conference.

It''d be great to see him on the bench. If we are comfortable in a game or need a throw of the dice, Vadis would be the perfect person to bring on.

Once he''s had that initial 20 minute appearance, he can think about getting more minutes.

Who knows, not seen enough to make any judgement on him. Came with a good reputation as Fers replacement.

Might just not adjust to tge clu, area, or maybe Neil.

Who knows but it''s strange as Wolves would be a game where a strong midfield might be whats required.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Yeah, Alex Neil mentioned it today. Sorry, I always assume most people here see the regular pre match conference.

It''d be great to see him on the bench. If we are comfortable in a game or need a throw of the dice, Vadis would be the perfect person to bring on.

Once he''s had that initial 20 minute appearance, he can think about getting more minutes.[/quote]Thanks, Jimmy. The reason I asked is that this hadn''t been reported when I posted, and I like to see the direct quotes, because the meaning often gets lost or changed in the telling. This is not meant to be an attack on you but the quotes as now reported:“Vadis played again during the week which was great and he is

progressing well but we just need to be careful with him because he has

effectively missed all the season with one injury or another,” said the

City boss. “We have to make sure we don’t build him back too quickly."...are nothing like your doom-laden reading of what was said, which was:"So he''s unlikely to feature prominently this season now?"

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Yeah, Alex Neil mentioned it today. Sorry, I always assume most people here see the regular pre match conference.

Once he''s had that initial 20 minute appearance, he can think about getting more minutes.[/quote]Thanks, Jimmy. The reason I asked is that this hadn''t been reported when I posted, and I like to see the direct quotes, because the meaning often gets lost or changed in the telling. This is not meant to be an attack on you but the quotes as now reported:“Vadis played again during the week which was great and he is

City boss. “We have to make sure we don’t build him back too quickly."...are nothing like your doom-laden reading of what was said, which was:"So he''s unlikely to feature prominently this season now?"
[/quote]

The direct quote from Alex Neil (according to Norwich City) was;

"I don''t think Vadis is going to feature prominently this season because of the injuries he''s had. But that''s not to say he can''t come in and be a part of the team towards the back end of the season."

Just sounds like they are trying to stop him from having a long term injury issue this time.... He was that desperate to play he carried on despite an injury so we know he wants to be involved, but with that kind of mind set the club has to be careful not to let him rush himself back, he had his first 90 minutes it''s likely the physios probably then wanted to let him rest and see how the injuries reacted. Neil spoke about O''neil being 2 to 3 weeks away so if VOO is being put in the same bracket we could expect him to hopefully be back in full training as early as next week.

Yeah, I certainly didn''t read that from those comments either Purple.Even if he had said that he doesn''t expect him to play a huge part in the rest of the season, that doesn''t surprise me either. There are 18 games left and he is one behind closed doors friendly (read minimal contact training match) and a couple of U21 appearances back into things. He could easily take another couple of weeks at least before being "match fit".You don''t want to play risks with a players injury - especially one of the type he suffered.That said, if he can get back to full match readiness it may come at the ideal time for us. From what we have seen of him he is a solid chap who can pass and would maybe add a bit more steel to our midfield.I think it''s just a case of the manager assuring people that he isn''t going to rush him back - something that may have been the case before.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Yeah, Alex Neil mentioned it today. Sorry, I always assume most people here see the regular pre match conference.

[/quote]

The direct quote from Alex Neil (according to Norwich City) was;

"I don''t think Vadis is going to feature prominently this season because of the injuries he''s had. But that''s not to say he can''t come in and be a part of the team towards the back end of the season."[/quote]Thanks, Bethnal. That is a different quote to that used by the EDP, and closer to Jimmy''s reading of what was said, although possibly still not quite as doom-laden, given the second sentence, with its hint of optimism!

I thought he was already back in full training a month ago.

I still think it''s odd that he "may feature a little towards the end of the season" considering he''s supposedly been back training for a few weeks now.

I guess I was hoping to see him sooner.

[quote user="morty"]Jimmy predicting doom?Whatever next.[/quote]

I''d say I have a more bipolar stance on Norwich to be fair, when we win i''m all "we''re going to win the league" but when we lose "it''s over, championship mediocrity will kill us slowly for the next decade"

Excuse me for thinking we should be challenging for automatic promotion. Fact is, our recent form is great, but we are making up for some horrendous results that have us positioned outside the playoffs and therefore won''t be truly happy until we are overachieving on form and getting back in the promotion picture.

Frustratingly, we have the players for the most part but seem to be very good at exposing our weaknesses.

There''s a reason why we''ve taken the most shots, faced the fewest and yet still are 7th.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]Another Turkey in the mould of the wolf I am afraid[/quote]We don''t know if he''s a turkey, a donkey or a Messi and that''s the major problem.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]So he''s unlikely to feature prominently this season now?

Just what is the deal here?[/quote]
He''s dead.
We had to free up a couple of squad places so Alex Neil could bring in some mediocre Jocks.  
Colney was turned into a rugged forest wasteland. McNally is a big fan of "The Hunger Games".  You may note we haven''t seen Garrido for some time either.
Look, I can''t say too much on a private forum so PM me if you want to know more.

Bor Bor Bor wrote the following post at 13/02/2015 7:32 PM:

Jimmy Smith wrote:

So he''s unlikely to feature prominently this season now? He''s been "a week away" for about 2 months now and then this? Thing is, he''s played plenty of football (Under 21''s, Chicago Fire) so he must have a level of fitness back. Just what is the deal here?

"He''s dead.

We had to free up a couple of squad places so Alex Neil could bring in some mediocre Jocks."

First victim of the new fried mars bar regime.

Apart from possibly being cautious about his injury problems I wonder if, reading between the lines, AN is saying Vadis is going to struggle to get a game fit or not because he''s keeping faith with the lads that have been there all season.

Looking at Carrols new injury, perhaps Vadis has similar complications.

I just find it hard to believe that we would not think to use a multimillion pound Belgium international, even from the bench if at all possible. He has the potential to be our best player.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Looking at Carrols new injury, perhaps Vadis has similar complications. I just find it hard to believe that we would not think to use a multimillion pound Belgium international, even from the bench if at all possible. He has the potential to be our best player.[/quote]

He''s had 6 caps for Belgium over the last 4 and a half years. It''s not like he''s a real key player for them.

If he was in the team regularly and especially if he''d been in the World Cup squad then fair enough, you''d think we''ve got a real player on our hands.

But how good is he if he''s leaving the Belgian league to come to Norwich in the Championship?

Anyone making a judgement on Vadis is simply guessing;   we have not seen anything of him to know if he is the best or worst cm we have.   

That he has some caps for a decent national side suggests he has some ability but at what level remains unknown;   His time with us has simply been bugged by his injury (which has been ongoing for a while before joining us) and AN is simply pointing out that the recovery from that injury requires slower rehabillition than anticipated.

We have options in cm so we have the luxury of allowing him time to recover and strengthen, and prevent a longer term injury - i suspect we will know his worth after the summer,   if he stays here we have some confidence in his ability.

Hence why I said potential. Until we actually get a run of games from him we don''t know.

Yes I do think someone who we have spent £4m on who has played for a side that frequent the champions league group stages and has had international experience for one of the top footballing nations as recent as 2013 could be our best player. Don''t confuse that with me thinking he is our best player though.

It was well documented when he signed that he was our number 1 target in summer.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Looking at Carrols new injury, perhaps Vadis has similar complications. I just find it hard to believe that we would not think to use a multimillion pound Belgium international, even from the bench if at all possible. He has the potential to be our best player.[/quote]

He''s had 6 caps for Belgium over the last 4 and a half years. It''s not like he''s a real key player for them.

If he was in the team regularly and especially if he''d been in the World Cup squad then fair enough, you''d think we''ve got a real player on our hands.

But how good is he if he''s leaving the Belgian league to come to Norwich in the Championship?

[/quote]

Radja Nainggolan didnt get in the Belgium squad and was linked with a £30m move to man u. Belgium are very well stocked in centre mid.

I suppose he thought of us as a team favourites to get promoted and is probably on decent money, better than the likes of Burnley could pay him.

It was ligament damage wasn''t it?You need to nurse players with that sort of injury. You can''t throw them back in at the deep end. You need to make sure that they are 100% fit and ready in body and mind. Throw them in too soon and they''ll perhaps not commit properly to tackles etc and that is where injury is more likely to happen. When you go in aukwardly etc.The latest Pinkun article says it all to me. He has only played one full 90mins so far on the way back. He needs to be doing that every week for the U21''s.It''s all very well saying that he can come off the bench, but, like last week when Bassong had to go off early doors, you want a player that can give you 90mins just in case he is needed for 80. You also want a player that can come on, full blooded and play all of their 90mins in the 15-30 they might get.After todays game there will be 15 games left. And they come rather thick and fast. 15 games in just over two months. In fact it almost works out as 7 games a month plus one in May. So you can see why it may be a bit soon for Vadis.You have at least three players up and running in those positions in Tettey, Howson and Johnson. O''Neil''s injury is straight forward in a sense. I think the other thing with Vadis is adjusting to the English game. He may be fine but he has played so little football you still don''t know if needs more ''settling in''.Either way he will be getting back to fitness at just the right moment as AN says. He could come in and have a real impact on the end of our season.

Well, the only explanation is its a conspiracy and all levels of management of the club are in on it

Obviously!

Duhhhh