Sign in to follow this  
shaunieboy77

Wolves

Just another game we have to win for me, will make the gap between us 5 pts instead of 2pts

It is still bitter AF for those of us who chose to remember it I''m afraid. They''re a horrible club that will always have a chip on their shoulder.

Two reasons for me, the first being Kevin Muscat.The second, an incident some years ago when they thought it was "big and hard" to chuck coins at our fans, clearly, mistakingly, believing they were in the film "The football factory"And as a bonus, I''ll throw in the fact that Wolverhampton is a turdhole.

Their fans are the worst I have ever seen. Went away there once and won''t again.

The drive was through streets with metal shutters over all the shops and boarded up houses.

Parked up in a car park with cars on Bricks, then had to walk through a shopping area with kids on skate boards that was shouting abuse at all the Norwich fans.

Got in the ground to people climbing on a fence spitting and throwing coins at us, A child near us was hit with a coin and was bleeding.

They are absolute scum.

I also had a train journey once from Leeds to London to watch us away at Fulham. The train picked up a group of their away fans along their route and their behaviour on the train was just as bad.

They are a rotten bunch. Hence we only hate wolves and Ipswich!

2 everlasting memories of Wolves for me,

Muscat, a cynical dirty #### bag

and Robbie Keane made his debut at CR as a spotty teenager and scored twice, and I remember going home after that game and thinking wow, this kid could be special.

Unfortunately in a past job I used to go to Wolverhampton quite a bit, and everything that his been said in previous posts about the area and the people is generally accurate IMO

Had the misfortune of spending my formative years in the Birmingham area and saw a few games at Wolves. The fans are a vile bunch, they seem to attract all the dross that live in the area. Was so glad that they spent so much time in league 1 its where they deserve to be IMO. I hate them with a passion!

I''ve talked to fans of other clubs from outside the Midlands about Wolves and haven''t found any who''ve had a real problem with them.

The three things that seem to have done it for us are :

The Kevin Muscat/ Craig Bellamy incident

Having their darling Steve Bull sent off in a night match we won 2-0 at their place when MON was our manager.

Beating them in the Play-Off Semi''s.

They''re animal fans living in a dump of a town and I wish them all the worst.

Makes you feel grateful if you live in a relatively prosperous part of the country without the kind of inner city problems that are prevalent in places like Wolverhampton.  Maybe they should have our sympathy rather than our hatred.   Perhap we''ll be more sympathetic towards them if we beat them on Saturday.

Rivalry or not, this is a massive game for both teams. If we win, I think it''s just 7 teams going for promotion.

Wolverhampton isn''t the nicest of places but there is a hint of snobbery in some people''s attitudes here. They have their fair share of dick head fans, yes, but so do we.

The interesting thing about Wolves is how their closest rivals, West Brom, have one of the most welcoming sets of fans in the league. I would argue that the problem isn''t down to the area, but rather delusions of grandeur on Wolves'' part.

Funny people are bringing up the coining incident. Whoever mentioned the bleeding child, you may well have been sitting pretty near me all those years ago, as I was struck by a coin which cut my head open, I was aged about 7 or 8 at the time. I would''ve been sporting a classic ''bowl'' haircut (probably with a lopsided fringe as my Mum used to trim it with kitchen scissors thinking she was Nicky Clarke!).

Agree about West Brom fans being some of the best in the league, with Wolves being right up there with the worst.

We only hate Wolves and Ipswich!

lake district canary wrote the following post at 12/02/2015 1:21 PM:

Makes you feel grateful if you live in a relatively prosperous part of the country without the kind of inner city problems that are prevalent in places like Wolverhampton. Maybe they should have our sympathy rather than our hatred. Perhap we''ll be more sympathetic towards them if we beat them on Saturday.

"Prosperous part of the country". What are you on LDC.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 12/02/2015 1:21 PM:

Makes you feel grateful if you live in a relatively prosperous part of the country without the kind of inner city problems that are prevalent in places like Wolverhampton. Maybe they should have our sympathy rather than our hatred. Perhap we''ll be more sympathetic towards them if we beat them on Saturday.

"Prosperous part of the country". What are you on LDC.[/quote]Got the reaction he wanted though, didn''t it?[Y]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Makes you feel grateful if you live in a relatively prosperous part of the country without the kind of inner city problems that are prevalent in places like Wolverhampton.  Maybe they should have our sympathy rather than our hatred.   Perhap we''ll be more sympathetic towards them if we beat them on Saturday.

[/quote]

if thats you in your picture, then i feel sympathy for you

Norwich are just a nice friendly small club who will forever be in Ipswich''s shadow.

May the best team win on saturday, and its nice to see little norwich overachieving being so high up in the 2nd tier :) bet you can''t believe your luck!

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/PA-298806.jpg

[quote user="morty"]Meh, average trolling at best.

Cheers for taking the time to contribute though[Y]
[/quote]

With such a poor attempt I am going to register on their site and show him how it is done.

[quote user="Hopeful Canary"]

[quote user="morty"]Meh, average trolling at best.Cheers for taking the time to contribute though[Y][/quote]

With such a poor attempt I am going to register on their site and show him how it is done.

[/quote]He didn''t even mention inbreeding.3/10

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 12/02/2015 1:21 PM:

"

Prosperous part of the country". What are you on LDC.[/quote]

If you think you live in a poor part of the country, then you have no idea what real poverty or deprivation is.    Compared to Wolverhampton, Norwich is a lot better off.  

[quote user="Suffolk Canary"]Why is wealth of cities being bought up on a football forum?

No relevance to the game at all. If you want to talk politics, visit a politics forum![/quote]

Because we were talking about the kind of fans Wolves have and why.   Football.  Fans.  Get it?If you want to be Morty''s sidekick, you''ll have to do better than that.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Suffolk Canary"]Why is wealth of cities being bought up on a football forum?

No relevance to the game at all. If you want to talk politics, visit a politics forum![/quote]

Because we were talking about the kind of fans Wolves have and why.   Football.  Fans.  Get it?If you want to be Morty''s sidekick, you''ll have to do better than that.  

[/quote]Oh dear, obsessed much?