Sign in to follow this  
joe

automatics

Now 6 points of the automatics with a few crucial games coming up against teams above us, I have to say Neil has more than impressed me, proving the Brentford loss was merely a blip. really got the team pressing and playing to our strengths. Will go down to the wire but I really do think we can get promotion under this guy

After today''s performance I am starting to think again that we may well be in with a chance! This result really has to galvanise the fans, we really have a chance now.

We only got beat by Brentford due to having no fit CMs and having to play bloody Whittaker in midfield. Full strength we would have beaten them, they weren''t very good.

We have a new messiah.

Those commentating on BBC West Mids for Wolves seemed to think that Wolves were only at 60% and that Norwich just wanted it more, expecially for Norwich''s first goal from a header. Wolves also seemed to be a bit thin of forwards; they had none on the bench.

Try going to watch a game and not listening to a biased commentary team.

You can''t thank the opposition for our wins every week ffs.

Did those commentating not think that maybe we restricted/outplayed them so their 60% effort was the result of our play? Easy to blame the team as underperforming as opposed to giving the opposition credit!

We have given ourselves the dark horse chance, no one at the club will talk about it but if you look at the target and the games;

6 points behind with Ipswich, Derby and ''Borough all to come to Carrow road.

It''s would take an exceptional run and some loss of form from those 3 but stranger things have happened and if we get 9 points from those.... Who knows!

I wouldnt discount Watford in this. The amount of last minute goals theyre getting reminds me of ourselves in our promotion winning season......still find it unbelievable that we loaned them Bassong for half a bloody season.

However, I still believe that on our day ,given our team, we are STILL the best side in this league...its just a shame that we didnt have a manager to organize us proporly from the start of season, otherwise I believe we''d be comfortably clear at the top now.

Let others worry about us...I expect us to win every game and that includes Watford next week.

GJL agreed on our day we are the best team in the league but have just missed the consistency for us to be top. Hopefully we can continue this winning run to the end of the season and get into the autos!

The automatics has always been a possibility, even under Adams, although we were not convincing enough under him to have any real belief.  AN is a different kettle of fish and the performances now are showing a kind of belief and purpose that will inspire the team and fans on to greater things.  Automatics are still on, but it will take a huge effort as we will need to win nearly every game.  A draw at Watford wouldn''t be a disaster - but a win would be terrific if we could achieve it.

I don''t want to sound negative but think we''ve left it a bit late for the play offs but if we beat Watford, Middlesbrough and Ipswich who knows??

cityangel wrote the following post at 14/02/2015 10:51 PM:

I don''t want to sound negative but think we''ve left it a bit late for the play offs but if we beat Watford, Middlesbrough and Ipswich who knows??

I don''t think you meant to say that😳

15 games left or 45 points up for grabs.

Get 30 points of those 45. That will be 82 points in total. That maybe enough to get 2nd. All depends on the boro and Derby home games. They are must wins if we are to challenge for top 2.

It''s an almost impossible task.

Top 6 is now an achievable target.

automatics are still an achievable target. Once we got a manager in we all new we''d finish in the play-offs, the thing we need to be looking at is indeed the automatics, just like everyone else in the play-offs. Yes it will be difficult, but it will also be difficult for Derby, Boro, Bournemouth, the scum and Watford.

[quote user="K Lo"]Those commentating on BBC West Mids for Wolves seemed

to think that Wolves were only at 60% and that Norwich just wanted it

more, expecially for Norwich''s first goal from a header. Wolves also

seemed to be a bit thin of forwards; they had none on the bench.[/quote][quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]Try going to watch a game and not listening to a biased commentary team.

You can''t thank the opposition for our wins every week ffs.[/quote]How was stating that Norwich wanting the game more and Wolves having no subs on the bench being biased ?Yes, I deliberately drove all the way from my home in Norwich to the West Mids so that I could listen to BBC West Mids instead of watching the game live.Muppet.

It''s no coincidence that the only game we''ve lost under AN so far was a game where we had a seriously depleted midfield, the early signs are very encouraging and it appears a siege mentality is growing day by day, and the marked difference is showing already i.e I think we''d have ended up losing the Charlton game under Adams when it was pulled back to 2-2.

My point is that Alex Neil''s arrival and positive impact will not have gone unnoticed by our rivals. They know NCFC have, in my opinion anyway, by far the best squad in the championship at our disposal and all that was needed was to make sure we became more galvanised and consistent - the defence is now tightening up and we''re still generally scoring for fun. As that now certainly appears the case, it will certainly add some pressure on those above that perhaps weren''t so concerned before, and to me that''s worth another 3 points already as it will add a degree of pressure during rivals performances for sure, they will be aware they''re catchable if they do anything less than win every game Adam Drury summed it up very well in the Pink''un article a day or two ago.

Boro still to come to Carrow Rd as well. Watford no chance of top two with that defence score plenty but let them in plenty. Ipswich in our sights. Bournemouth are starting to drop points and if Derby lose Martin will be in trouble.

If we keep the results coming automatic still a possibility.

[quote user="pete"]Boro still to come to Carrow Rd as well. Watford no chance of top two with that defence score plenty but let them in plenty. Ipswich in our sights. Bournemouth are starting to drop points and if Derby lose Martin will be in trouble.

If we keep the results coming automatic still a possibility.[/quote]I think maybe pinning hopes on another teams player getting injured is perhaps stretching things a bit[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="pete"]Boro still to come to Carrow Rd as well. Watford no chance of top two with that defence score plenty but let them in plenty. Ipswich in our sights. Bournemouth are starting to drop points and if Derby lose Martin will be in trouble.

If we keep the results coming automatic still a possibility.[/quote]I think maybe pinning hopes on another teams player getting injured is perhaps stretching things a bit[Y][/quote]

Well the Derby Telegraph reckons he''ll be out for two or three weeks with a damaged hamstring.

As we''re all desperately clutching at straws every little helps ( wink )

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="pete"]Boro still to come to Carrow Rd as well. Watford no chance of top two with that defence score plenty but let them in plenty. Ipswich in our sights. Bournemouth are starting to drop points and if Derby lose Martin will be in trouble.

If we keep the results coming automatic still a possibility.[/quote]I think maybe pinning hopes on another teams player getting injured is perhaps stretching things a bit[Y][/quote]

Well the Derby Telegraph reckons he''ll be out for two or three weeks with a damaged hamstring.

As we''re all desperately clutching at straws every little helps ( wink )[/quote]I actually never knew that.I stand corrected[:)]

We are definetly the dark horse outsiders for it, until Ipswich come here and we thump them and switch places I''d imagine most neutrals would put them ahead of us in terms of odd because of the points tally.

But the combination of the home games we have and the depth of squad we now have... Competition all over the park, you can''t help but feel that if Derby, bournmouth and Middlesborough even just draw a couple more games and we keep our foot on the gas it could make those matches decisive.

Can''t say I care much for 1st or 2nd I''d bite someone''s hand off for either... But it''s certainlt not an insurmountable gap, it''s just the bizarre consistency the teams above have show, thankfully though, like Brentford, some are starting to go through a little rocky patch and watfords will start next Saturday!

[quote user="birchfest"]We are definetly the dark horse outsiders for it, until Ipswich come here and we thump them and switch places I''d imagine most neutrals would put them ahead of us in terms of odd because of the points tally.

But the combination of the home games we have and the depth of squad we now have... Competition all over the park, you can''t help but feel that if Derby, bournmouth and Middlesborough even just draw a couple more games and we keep our foot on the gas it could make those matches decisive.

Can''t say I care much for 1st or 2nd I''d bite someone''s hand off for either... But it''s certainlt not an insurmountable gap, it''s just the bizarre consistency the teams above have show, thankfully though, like Brentford, some are starting to go through a little rocky patch and watfords will start next Saturday![/quote]Its an odd situation though, because other than a slightly patchy run, we don''t really deserve the dark horse status.Someone i know posted a picture of the report on yesterdays game, on Twitter, that was published in The Guardian. Literally a couple of lines.And when I got back from the game yesterday and switched SSN on, there was some pundit (can''t remember who) sucking air through his teeth and saying how poor Wolves were (Who were actually above us in the form table before the game yesterday)I don''t get it.

The problem with getting into the automatics this season is that for that to happen two of the top three would have to have a serious falling-off in form.Suppose we average 2 points per game from now on (which would be better than any team in the division so far) and finish on 83 points. To get to 84 points Bournemouth (currently averaging 1.9 ppg) need only average 1.66 ppg. Middlesbrough (1.96 ppg) need only average 1.56 ppg. Derby (1.93 ppg) need only average 1.62 ppg.That one team might drop away sharply is quite possible, but two? And this is leaving Ipswich Town and Watford out of the equation. I nailed my colours to the Neil mast straight away, but as much as anything as a manager for the long term, while thinking he would probably get us into the play-offs this time. That now looks likely, but not higher.

I think Boro''s fixtures are interesting - they have Ipswich at home mid March and then their next 4 away games are at Derby, Bournemouth, Watford and us.

Can see them dropping 8 points from that lot but maybe should be wishing they win them all apart from the game against us and try to sneak 2nd place